Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WannabePro is offline Associate Member

Blood Work, Bad Results , Scared , Help?

Hey everyone, i just received my blood work from the doctor and im really depressed about the results that came with it. I just wanted to share this with you guys because im sure you have gone through this. Im only 21 years old. I have been cycling off and on of steriods for 2 and 1/2 years, i started at the age of 19. I know when we do synthetic hormones aka AAS we mess with our own NATAURAL testosterone levels . They drew my blood last week and i received my results back today. They checked for my natural hormones and my TOTAL TESTOSTERONE was only 82 ng/dl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Normal TOTAL TESTOSTERONE levels ARE 241-850 ng/dl, that means i am ONLY producing 1/3 of what i should be producing naturally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im 21 years old and im only naturally producing 1/3 of what i should be.

My FREE TESTOSTERONE came to .77 and normal is 1.10-4.00.

Questions as follows.

1) Will my natural test levels come back to normal if i stop?
    2)The longer one cycles steroids means that the longer it will take the natural test levels to come back to normal? For example after my 1st cycle my natural test levels came back quick and as you do more and more the longer it takes?

3) Most important question. Is there anything you can take during AAS so you dont supress natural test levels?

4) What is hypogonadism?

5) What happens when the body is at lower then normal test levels?

I know these are a lot of questions but i appreciate it a lot.

When responding dont relpy with quote, just punch in what question number you're answering,

WannabePro
    Last edited by WannabePro; 09-12-2005 at 07:10 PM.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    First off, depression is a wasted state of mind, so feel good about the fact that you took the step to get tested and now looking for solutions to your problem. Chances are you will be able to get your test levels at least close to where they were, so don't get down about it!
    How long was your last cycle and how long ago was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsik98
    First off, depression is a wasted state of mind, so feel good about the fact that you took the step to get tested and now looking for solutions to your problem. Chances are you will be able to get your test levels at least close to where they were, so don't get down about it!
    How long was your last cycle and how long ago was it?
    3 and 1/2 months ago, last cycle was for 4 months. Depression is caused by lowered test levels.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    did you use proper PCT for your cycles???

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would stay off gear for several more years. You started expirementing with gear at way too young of an age in which your endocrine system was still developing. By taking AAS, you supressed you natural test before you body was fully developed, which in turn can cause long term problems. One more reason why younger people shouldnt use steroids , when they can easily can naturally.

Your test levels will probably return to normal if you stay clean for a while and give your body a chance to recover. All steroids surpress your natural test levels to some degree, some worse than others, so the only thing you can take to not surpress them is NOT to take them. Low test levels can lead to depression, lethargy and impotence.

doghunter is offline Member
    so the chances are bette for a person who starts about 23 rather than the person starting at 18 i would think the same could happen for any age person right

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabePro
    3 and 1/2 months ago, last cycle was for 4 months. Depression is caused by lowered test levels.
    You are very right about depression being possible after a cycle due to fluctuating hormones or no test! Be careful, many BBs will go on anti depressants till there own test comes back, worked for me. You might just need more time, what does the doctor suggest to get your own test going again? Good luck.....

Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    did you use proper PCT for your cycles???
    Yes.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    big tex said it perfectly - stay away for a couple years and let your body catch up to itself.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i hope more of the younger guys thinking of using gear see this post... i m sure alot of them think that it won't happen to them...
    sorry to hear about your dilema bro... stay of the juice for a long while and hopefully your levels will comeback....

UnderWorld is offline New Member
    So What Is A Good Age???? Do You Think Is Ok To Start

Ryano2005 is offline Associate Member
    Im 19 and ive done a cycle of a shot of test 250 every 5 days and I went and had my blood work done about 2 weeks ago and it came back normal ( what the doctor said ) so???? but I know better now so im going to wait and dont end up really regreting it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    You are very right about depression being possible after a cycle due to fluctuating hormones or no test! Be careful, many BBs will go on anti depressants till there own test comes back, worked for me. You might just need more time, what does the doctor suggest to get your own test going again? Good luck.....

Thanks. To acheieve hormonal balace i need to either take synthetics or wait a while like months to get back to normal test levels.
    Last edited by WannabePro; 09-12-2005 at 09:23 PM.

I DONT believe AGE is the factor here. No matter what age you are, if you have been cycling steriods for years your natural testorone will take a while to get back to normal. But what does it matter if its done synthetically or naturally , more importantly you have hormonal balace. And my goal is not anti aging, its beyond that: bodybuilding. SO just as long as im balaced or acheiveing more than a balance i will be happy whether its naturally or sythetically
    Last edited by WannabePro; 09-12-2005 at 09:28 PM.

. All steroids surpress your natural test levels to some degree, some worse than others, so the only thing you can take to not surpress them is NOT to take them. Low test levels can lead to depression, lethargy and impotence.[/QUOTE]

I dont think thats true. You can take HCG during your cycle to minimize supression.

Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    i hope more of the younger guys thinking of using gear see this post... i m sure alot of them think that it won't happen to them...
    sorry to hear about your dilema bro... stay of the juice for a long while and hopefully your levels will comeback....
    Once again i diagree, age is not the factor here. NO matter what age, you're gonna supress test levels and have to wait months to achieve hormonal balance, the diffference is when you're younger, its comes back faster
    Last edited by WannabePro; 09-12-2005 at 09:30 PM.

Once again i diagree, age is not the factor here. NO matter what age you're gonna supress test levels and have to wait months to achieve hormal balance, the diffference is when you're younger, its comes back faster
    the difference imo is that when u r younger your test levels r alot higher than someone older... so if you wind up with a test level under 100 it's a hell of a bigger difference than an older person... also your growth plates come into play as well the fact your body might not be fully developed hormonally...

Calling All Walking Roid Dictionaries, Jonhnny B , Gear, Rodge, I Need You Lol............

as far as it coming back faster if u r younger... if u are not fully developed who is to say u have not fuked things up and u will never achieve what wld have been your full natural test levels???

the difference imo is that when u r younger your test levels r alot higher than someone older... so if you wind up with a test level under 100 it's a hell of a bigger difference than an older person... also your growth plates come into play as well the fact your body might not be fully developed hormonally...
    Why is it a bigger difference when you're talking about age? My growth plates were already fused before my 1st cycle. Fully developed hormonlly? can you elaborate more on that.

WannabePro

i just think 19 is to young.. just my personal opinion... i m sure there are people on the other side of the fence who disagree... with such naturally high test levels at that young age u shld be able to make great gains without gear... a tight diet will get u better gains... so y not take advantage of it and save the gear for a later date like after u have a great base and solid diet and workout habits.... ultimately everyone makes their own decision though..

i just think 19 is to young.. just my personal opinion... i m sure there are people on the other side of the fence who disagree... with such naturally high test levels at that young age u shld be able to make great gains without gear... a tight diet will get u better gains... so y not take advantage of it and save the gear for a later date like after u have a great base and solid diet and workout habits.... ultimately everyone makes their own decision though..
    because my goal is to acquire stats like 22 inch arms etc and that can't be acheieved naturally.

no doubt... but u can't rush it either... if u get a nice natty base then u can cycle till your heart is content and the gains will stick better...

Questions as follows.

2)The longer one cycles steroids means that the longer it will take the natural test levels to come back to normal? For example after my 1st cycle my natural test levels came back quick and as you do more and more the longer it takes?

3) Most important question. Is there anything you can take during AAS so you dont supress natural test levels?

4) What is hypogonadism?

5) What happens when the body is at lower then normal test levels?

I know these are a lot of questions but i appreciate it a lot.

When responding dont relpy with quote, just punch in what question number you're answering,

WannabePro

3. i don't think there is anything u can take to get your natty test back until after your cycle... i think hcg just helps plump your boys back up and help libido and load size, but i think u will still b shut down...

5. decreased libido, and deppresion

Ironmanjay is offline Associate Member
    Hey I've only done 1 cycle 22yrs old, I've been off for 10 wks or so and still feelin crapy all around, steroids aren't wprth it to me.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    5) Decreased libido and possibly depression. Dude you cannot or dont want to go on hormonal therapy that will just continue to surpress your natural test production. Have you thought about doing another round of pct with arimidex , nolvadex and clomid? Might help or better yet go to an endroconologist(spelling) he would know even more.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    4. Gonadal deficiency
    Hypogonadism is a reduced or absent secretion of hormones from the sex glands (gonads). In men, these are the testes; in women, the ovaries.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

The cause of hypogonadism may be "primary" or "central." In primary hypogonadism, the ovaries or testes themselves do not function properly. Some causes of primary hypogonadism include:

Surgery
    Radiation
    Genetic and developmental disorders
    Liver and kidney disease
    Infection
    Certain autoimmune disorders
    The most common genetic disorders that cause primary hypogonadism are Turner syndrome (in women) and Klinefelter syndrome (in men).

In central hypogonadism, the centers in the brain that control the gonads (hypothalamus and pituitary) do not function properly. Some causes of central hypogonadism include

Tumors
    Surgery
    Radiation
    Infections
    Trauma
    Bleeding
    Genetic problems
    Nutritional deficiencies
    Iron excess (hemochromatosis)
    A genetic cause of central hypogonadism that also produces an inability to smell is Kallmann syndrome (males). The most common tumors affecting the pituitary area are craniopharyngioma (children) and prolactinoma (adults; this leads to the production of excess prolactin). Prolactinomas can cause hypogonadism even if they are not large.

Symptoms

In girls, hypogonadism during childhood will result in lack of menstruation and breast development and short height. If hypogonadism occurs after puberty, symptoms include loss of menstruation, low libido, hot flashes, and loss of body hair.

In boys, hypogonadism in childhood results in lack of muscle and beard development and growth problems. In men the usual complaints are sexual dysfunction, decreased beard and body hair, breast enlargement, and muscle loss.

If a brain tumor is present (central hypogonadism) there may be headaches or visual loss, or symptoms of other hormonal deficiencies (such as hypothyroidism). In the case of the most common pituitary tumor, prolactinoma, there may be a milky breast discharge. People with anorexia nervosa (excessive dieting to the point of starvation) also may have central hypogonadism.

Signs and tests

Tests may be done that check estrogen level (women) and testosterone level (men) as well as FSH level and LH level, the pituitary hormones that stimulate the gonads. Other tests may include a thyroid level; sperm count; prolactin level (milk hormone); blood tests for anemia, chemistries, and iron; and genetic analysis.

Sometimes imaging is necessary, such as a sonogram of the ovaries. If pituitary disease is suspected, an MRI or CT scan of the brain may be done.

Treatment

Hormonal preparations are available for men and women. Estrogen comes as a patch or pills. Testosterone can be given as a patch or via injection.

For women who have not had their uterus removed, combination treatment with estrogen and progesterone is often recommended to decrease the chances of developing endometrial cancer. In addition, low dose testosterone can be added for hypogonadal women with a low sex drive.

If there is a correctible cause of hypogonadism (e.g., a pituitary tumor), medication may be given (particularly for prolactinoma) or surgery and/or radiation therapy may be required. Injections or oral medication can be used to stimulate ovulation. Injections of pituitary hormones may be needed for men with hypogonadism to produce sperm. Therapy may also target nutritional, infectious, or other causes of the problem.

Expectations (prognosis)

Many forms of hypogonadism are potentially treatable and have a good prognosis.

Complications

In women, hypogonadism may cause infertility. Menopause is a form of naturally occurring hypogonadism, which can cause hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and irritability as a woman's estrogen levels fall. The risk of osteoporosis and heart disease increase after menopause.

Some women with hypogonadism opt to take estrogen therapy, particularly those who have early menopause (premature ovarian failure). However, there is a small but significant increase in risk for breast cancer and heart disease with use of hormone replacement for treatment of menopause.

In men, hypogonadism results in loss of sex drive and may cause weakness, impotence, infertility, and osteoporosis. Men normally experience some decline in testosterone as they age, but it is not as dramatic or steep as the decline in sex hormones experienced by women.

Calling your health care provider

Consult with your doctor if you notice loss of menstruation, breast discharge, inability to conceive, hot flashes (women), impotence, loss of body hair, weakness, or breast enlargement (men). Both men and women should call their health care providers if headaches or visual problems occur.

Prevention

Maintain normal body weight and healthy eating habits to prevent anorexia nervosa. Other causes may not be preventable.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    because my goal is to acquire stats like 22 inch arms etc and that can't be acheieved naturally.
    get really fat

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont think thats true. You can take HCG during your cycle to minimize supression.[/QUOTE]

Sure but that doesnt minimize the suppression in higher levels. HCG mimics LH which in turn is controlled by GnLH that is released by the hypothalamus.. (maybe the name aint right, I seem to have a black out here but anyway...)
    That is why HCG actually causes supression and prolly one of the biggest arguments of ppl who use Anti-E's in PCT...

bump

bump

im young only 21 years of age and ive only been cycling 2 and 1/2 years properly, why did my test levels come back so low?

Naz786 is offline New Member
    Hi guys.

urea levels are high should be 2-6.5 gone up to 9.3 how to combat this any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naz786
    Hi guys.

urea levels are high should be 2-6.5 gone up to 9.3 how to combat this any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Naz.......you can start your own thread you know you dont have to bump up 5 different threads and ask your question.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    WannabePro: I strongly suggest that you run another PCT....a long one, at that. Was you previous PCT nolva or clomid or both? What was your last cycle like? Did you run hCG ? If so, how did you run it?

Naz786 is offline New Member
    Sorry mate didn't mean to break your conversation

Froggy is offline Member
    im young only 21 years of age and ive only been cycling 2 and 1/2 years properly, why did my test levels come back so low?
    Have you ever tested for your levels before...a pre-cycle base-line??? Mayhaps you were on the low side to start & cycling takes a bigger toll on your boys than the norm...you just may have caught the test at the wrong time, it takes time...

IMO; Run a cycle of tongat ali & ZMA & good multi-vitamin (for men)for 2 months & then get retested...If you are still as low,,,then start to worry...but as for right now...good luck...

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy
    IMO; Run a cycle of tongat ali & ZMA & good multi-vitamin (for men)for 2 months & then get retested...If you are still as low,,,then start to worry...but as for right now...good luck...
    We all offer our own advice, but I just wanted to mention that it is the SERMs that are proven to restart the HPTA in a positive way. Nothing wrong with a good multivitamin and maybe even a resonable dosage of ZMA is okay. I don't know much about the tongat ali, however. Some of these supplements do raise testosterone , but the person still has the negatives. I see it all the time. Thus, I recommend against them.

kungen1234 is offline Junior Member
    If you inject 10 times your normal level of testosterone when your hormonal system(endocrine) is still developing(at the age of 19) then you will **** it up. How can you argue against that?

You've screwed up a part of your body's development due to your own eagerness and now you want to hear an answer that's comfortable, I suggest that you face reality for a change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information