Thread: A few questions

TheArtist is offline Member

A few questions

Hey guys I'm 21... been working out for a few years, never really really serious about it up until late... I'm a newb at all this steroid jargon and so on but i'm starting to catch on. Right now I'm on a cycle of Test cypionate (alone) and in the middle of my 6th week. I'm satisfied with the results. For the past three weeks i've gone up about 10lbs a week on my bench and i'm getting a lot stronger everywhere else, BUT i've barely gained any size... ? Is this normal? strength but no size?
    Anyway, I'm going to start stacking deca for the last few weeks of my cycle of test, and finish up with taking deca only... Hopefully, I have to find out if my supplier has deca first...
    Anyway,
    Is this a good idea? bad idea? Comments?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Many will tell you to never take deca by itself w/no test.

I'd listen.

~SC~

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    No need for Deca .That's not the answer.The answer for your lack of gains lies in your diet.If your not eating 6-7 quality meals each day,your results will be..well..just like you're experiencing now.So with a terrible diet(which I'm assuming you have)Deca will be absolutely worthless to you.

~Pinnacle~

Ok, WHY not take deca alone?
    As far as diet, i drink two muscle milk shakes a day, and i'm averaging around 170 grams of protein a day, sometimes more... sometimes less...i weigh around 225... obviously not all muscle. Should my protein intake be much more ?

imanewbie is offline Associate Member
    should be 2g per lb of body weight

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtist
    Ok, WHY not take deca alone?
    As far as diet, i drink two muscle milk shakes a day, and i'm averaging around 170 grams of protein a day, sometimes more... sometimes less...i weigh around 225... obviously not all muscle. Should my protein intake be much more ?
    Why not Deca alone?it shuts down your natural production of testosterone .You could very well run into sexual disfuctions(limp dick).

And yes,your diet sucks.That's why you aren't getting results.Plain and simple.You should be consuming minimum 3500 cals a day at your body weight.You aren't even close.I can tell.And you sound as though you aren't consistant with your diet either.To achieve maximum results with anabolics.Diet,training and rest must be in PERFECT order.Anabolics aren't some magic pills or oil.Without the proper nutrition you won't see squat from them.

~Pinnacle~

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude for muscle growth you need protein and lots of quality stuff. Diet and hard work is the key.

Oldman

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey guys I'm 21... been working out for a few years, never really really serious about it up until late... I'm a newb at all this steroid jargon and so on but i'm starting to catch on. Right now I'm on a cycle of Test cypionate (alone) and in the middle of my 6th week. I'm satisfied with the results. For the past three weeks i've gone up about 10lbs a week on my bench and i'm getting a lot stronger everywhere else, BUT i've barely gained any size... ? Is this normal? strength but no size?
    Anyway, I'm going to start stacking deca for the last few weeks of my cycle of test, and finish up with taking deca only... Hopefully, I have to find out if my supplier has deca first...
    Anyway,
    Is this a good idea? bad idea? Comments?
    like the guys said.....your diet is key. if you're looking for size you need lots of carbs, more protein, and good fats.

you also say you didnt start seriously training till recently. i wouldnt have jumped into steroids that quickly if i were you, but too late for that. increase your food intake and run your test for about 5 more weeks.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i weigh around 185lbs and i take in at least 400grams of protein a day and sometimes over 5000 cals a day.... u need to more than double the amount of protein u r taking in...and get your calories up as well...

Alright thanks guys, I sat down and designed a diet for myself. I'll be eating 5 times a day, at around 50grams of protein per meal. Roughly, I should be taking in 250grams a day... is that enough ? I read somewhere that 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is sufficient, i've also heard that 2grams is the right way to go. I've decided to go with lots of chicken, tuna, and roast beef and two shakes a day. As far as carbs and calories and so on...I'm clueless as to what else to incorporate into my diet. please help!

Did I jump into steroids too quickly... yeah, i'd say so... I haven't utilized my cycle to it's full potential, but I'm just basically out some cash... Friends led me to believe this would be some sort of "end all" for gaining tons of muscle.

Alright thanks guys, I sat down and designed a diet for myself. I'll be eating 5 times a day, at around 50grams of protein per meal. Roughly, I should be taking in 250grams a day... is that enough ? I read somewhere that 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is sufficient, i've also heard that 2grams is the right way to go. I've decided to go with lots of chicken, tuna, and roast beef and two shakes a day. As far as carbs and calories and so on...I'm clueless as to what else to incorporate into my diet. please help!

Did I jump into steroids too quickly... yeah, i'd say so... I haven't utilized my cycle to it's full potential, but I'm just basically out some cash... Friends led me to believe this would be some sort of "end all" for gaining tons of muscle.
    You aren't the first person to jump blindly in steroids ,and won't be the last either.so don't beat yourself up.
    Keep your carbs high than your protein.If you're having 50g of protein in a meal.have 75g of carbs.Like brown rice,baked potato,yams ect.
    In the morning with your eggwhites,have a bowl of old fashion oats as well.
    Strive for 6 meals each day,not five.try to eat as much solid food as possible.Shakes are OK,but food is better.Have a shake immediately after your done training,and a solid meal 1 hr after that.You need to eat big to get big!!

~Pinnacle~

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    checkout the diet forum for bulking diets.. i started there when i first got to this site and it did wonders for me.... 250 grams ain't enuff... gotta go at least 1.5 grams per lb... 2 per lb wld be better...

Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    checkout the diet forum for bulking diets.. i started there when i first got to this site and it did wonders for me.... 250 grams ain't enuff... gotta go at least 1.5 grams per lb... 2 per lb wld be better...
    One thing I want to clarify about protein grams/bodyweight.That number is based on your LEAN body mass,NOT your overall weight.If your a 200 lb tub of shit and your LBM is 160.Then 160 is what you base your protein intake on.

~Pinnacle~

haha, well i'm not a fatass, but i do have fat around the waistline...

Whew... 6 meals a day is gonna be a bitch...
    whatever it takes..

Thanks for all the help guys

Thread Information