D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre

propecia making test more tolerable

OK, i read some more in Anabolics 2002 and it says:

Proscar/Propecia shows great potential for the steroid using athlete. And as you know, the dihydrotestosteron (DHT) metabolite is responsible for many of the unwanted androgenic side effects associated with testosterone use. The hihg levels of DHT that form in certain tissues produces oily skin, acne, facial/body hair growth and accelerated male pattern baldness. By minimizing the production of DHT, we should greatly reduce many of these harsh side effects and make our testosterone cycles more comfortable. In many instances, Proscar/Propecia can allow the athlete the use of steroid compounds (testosterone esters such as cypionate, enanthate, Sustanon etc.) halotestin and methyltestosterone with much less androgenic side activity.
    It then states there are two human enzymes, Type 1 is 5-a reductase which is predominant in the sebaceous glands, and type 2 primarily found in hair follicles and prostate. The type 2 is responsible for 2/3 of the circulating DHT in the body, and thats what finasteride(proscar) specifically blocks..so therefor it would be better against baldness than acne or oily skin, but would benefit either way.

Also stated under Arimidex in Anabolics 2002 is:
    In combination with Propecia/Proscar we have a great advance. With one drug halting estrogen conversion and the other blocking 5-alpha reduction,(testosterone, methyltestosterone, and Halotestin only), related side effects can be effectively minimized. Here the strong androgen testosterone could theoretically provide incredible muscular strength, while at the same time being as tolerable as nandrolone.
    Last edited by TNT; 05-01-2002 at 10:45 AM.

McBain is offline Member
    Checkout this link bro. Fucking amazing info on the effects of DHT, prostate cancer and a ton of other stuff. It is seriously the more informative thread BY FAR that I have ever read. Takes a while to read but trust me, it is completely worth it, if you are interested in taking care of your body and understanding why you are taking something like proscar. (Be ready to sit down for like an hour to read the whole thing).

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...0&pagenumber=6

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I'll have a look at it...thanx bro...

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    My question is does Propecia do anything to protect against hair loss when taking a precursor to (Winny, OX, etc.) the DHT?

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    My understanding is that gear like Winni is derived from DHT. So the answer to your question is no.

Eg you take DHT and Proprecia and you still have DHT. You get me... ? Research and you will answer your own Q!...

Originally posted by Nate_Dog
    My understanding is that gear like Winni is derived from DHT. So the answer to your question is no.

Eg you take DHT and Proprecia and you still have DHT. You get me... ? Research and you will answer your own Q!...

I think the key word here is "derived" that doesn't mean it is DHT from the way I understand it? Oh and I have researched I just wanted to hear from others.

Peace
    Last edited by CarbonCopy; 05-02-2002 at 05:24 AM.

McBain is offline Member
    bump, I'd like to hear this as well, I thought taking finastride with ox and winny would be a good idea...maybe I'm wrong?

Bump...

Any thoughts on this? Maybe Doc, or TNT have some ideas?

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    OK Boys and girls.. I dug up this post from IronGame:

Originally posted by The Iron Game

DHT Derivatives

Winstrol does not convert to DHT although it is a DHT derivative, this is also the case with primobolan . To Finasteride or not to finastride? Well I mentioned above that Finasteride will only work to prevent the conversion of DHT by the 5AR enzyme. It wont do much to reduce hair loss on these because they are already a DHT derivitives. The hairloss is much to do with it stimulating the androgen receptors in the scalp.The best way to treat hair problems on these steroids are with Spironolactone or flutamide. Nizorol shampoo (or similar) is also good to some extent. Dont be fooled by either winstrol or primo. They can both be quite harsh on the hair.

Lastly there are certain topical solutions that can be used to try and bring about regrowth of hair.

Peace

Thanks Nate_Dog Anyone else used propecia with winny or ox? What were the results? Hope I am not driving this into the ground, but I would really like to learn more. Thanks!

Peace,
    CC

NightOp is offline Member
    Originally posted by McBain
    Checkout this link bro. Fucking amazing info on the effects of DHT, prostate cancer and a ton of other stuff. It is seriously the more informative thread BY FAR that I have ever read. Takes a while to read but trust me, it is completely worth it, if you are interested in taking care of your body and understanding why you are taking something like proscar. (Be ready to sit down for like an hour to read the whole thing).

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...0&pagenumber=6
    I agree bro.. I read that one a while back after someone pointed me there during some research, great thread.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by CarbonCopy
    Thanks Nate_Dog Anyone else used propecia with winny or ox? What were the results? Hope I am not driving this into the ground, but I would really like to learn more. Thanks!

Peace,
    CC
    I'm planning on using finastride with an ox/test cycle in a few months.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    just food for thought.

dht is also responsible for much of the gains associated with taking testosterone . dht is a very very powerful steroid . you can block its negative effects, but you'll sacrifice its anabolic /androgenic effects as well.

Thread Information