jdog55 is offline Associate Member

When people say keepable gains

I always wonder what people mean when they say they kept thier gains. I've always kept my gains but I will lose most of them if I don't do another cycle for a year or more. Are you guys keeping your gains for good without another cycle?

Jdog55

vein-x is offline Associate Member
    Yes, it means how much mass and strength is kept. MOST of the time, a majority of the gains are kept, with adequet PCT. If people run a bad PCT or not any at all, that's when they lose gains and strength. You must keep your blood, test and hormone levels elevated.. and then back down to regulated. If you drop into the negitive side (decrease in libido, shrunken testes remains, etc...) that's when you WILL lose gains, hands down. Unless something is done to keep your body level, you will have problems...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you have a good natural base of 5 years of more before using AAS, you can keep most of your gains, yes. (Aside from bloating compounds like Dbol /A-50/etc...)

~SC~

Is that because your body physically needs 5 years or so of training to keep the gains or is it because a person with 5 years training knows how to lift weights better and eat better?

Jdog55

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    interesting question...

big&tall is offline Associate Member
    i hope you do not have to keep takeing gear to keep my gains.

I think it is because you need a solid base to build on. If you dont have much and you put on a ton of weight your frame can not handle it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine2000
    I think it is because you need a solid base to build on. If you dont have much and you put on a ton of weight your frame can not handle it
    Exactly.

Your body has to understand WTF is going on and what it is you wish to accomplish w/all the muscle mass. The body does not like to be shocked or taken out of homeostasis.

~SC~

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I have strength trained naturally for over 14 years and I'm on my first cycle. PCT is coming up soon and I'm eagerly awaiting to see how much I retain.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    yes, you can keep your gains and then gain naturally.. i get a second wind towards the end of pct, and get a little stronger..
    you will lose a little strength after a cycle, but you should keep a majority of it..
    by the way, i trained for six years before my first cycle.

Darkness is offline Member
    I believe that no one should jump on gear while they're still growing naturally, only when you start reaching your natural limits and/or plateau should you look into some gear.

StayJuicen34 is offline Associate Member
    Hey I've done several cycs and havent had any probs here brotha

time on = time off is not "keeping" your gains imo. Try a couple years with no cycles. It's hard but i'm probably about 30 lbs heavier than I was 4 years ago.

jbone30 is offline Associate Member
    If you have a good natural base of 5 years of more before using AAS, you can keep most of your gains, yes. (Aside from bloating compounds like Dbol /A-50/etc...)

~SC~

this is good advice

Thread Information