needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior

Will Finasteride stop/reduce body hair when cycling

When cycling iv been told finasteride stops or greatly reduces the amount of body hair you grown when on. Is this true ?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by needbigguns
    When cycling iv been told finasteride stops or greatly reduces the amount of body hair you grown when on. Is this true ?
    Finasteride is to help prevent hairloss,how would it work in a reverse manner on body hair?

~Pinnacle~

crazykris6 is offline Junior Member
    I have heard that it help with malepattern baldness and thinning hair while cycling. I am not sure if it effects hair growth.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    This is somewhat true. You cannot grow 'less' hair than you already have. Proscar will prevent new body hair growth (mainly only a concern for women on AASs). This is because DHT has a quite different effect on hair that is not on your head. I could explain it better but I dont feel like typing everything out. Send me a PM if you have specific concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    This is somewhat true. You cannot grow 'less' hair than you already have. Proscar will prevent new body hair growth (mainly only a concern for women on AASs). This is because DHT has a quite different effect on hair that is not on your head. I could explain it better but I dont feel like typing everything out. Send me a PM if you have specific concerns.
    Ok...then I'll type it out...

We're not talking about DHT specifically here, but rather the 5a-Reductase enzyme, and it's two isozymes. The type-2 isozyme is found in hair follicles and the prostate (and this is the isozyme that Finasteride/Proscar blocks), while type-1 is found in the skin. Therefore, Finasteride would probably be much more useful in preventing prostate enlargement and hairloss, and much less effective in preventing growh of body hair.

I'm sure this is what you were getting at... and I just typed it out for you...

im slightly confused...so basically will it stop or reduce body hair growing ? Or not ?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    im slightly confused...so basically will it stop or reduce body hair growing ? Or not ?
    It will do very little for your body hair, whatever your concern may be

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    ive been on finasteride for almost a year and during my first cycle of test only i almost had to shave twice a day and the hair on my shoulders/back got much worse but i didn't lose any hair on my head.

so what will reduce or stop body hair from comming when im cycling ?

Blog Entries
    so what will reduce or stop body hair from comming when im cycling ?
    you may be SOL

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    This will stop the action of the 5-alpha, which converts test to the much more powerful DHT. It will in most cases hinder gains. It may, in effect, slow the quick hair growth experienced with high androgens, but why would you worry?

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    Wax.

yes, finasteride will stop body hair growth to some extent, but why mess with your hormones just for hair man, you need some DHT for growth anyhow.

i dont understand...DHT is bad isnt it ? I dont want my hair to grow on my head, thats not an issue, but if when cycling, would finasteride be benificial for stoping increased growth of body hair ???//

Can someone please asnwer this simply as iv been trying to find out a straight answer for ages now

Blog Entries
    i dont understand...DHT is bad isnt it?
    no

when cycling, would finasteride be benificial for stoping increased growth of body hair ???
    No

Can someone please asnwer this simply as iv been trying to find out a straight answer for ages now
    you wont get a straight answer here for the same reason there is not one magic pill. above is the straightest answer you will probably find. no, sorry.

im getting nowhere, one one hand i hear blocking DHT will stop increased growth of body hair and then i hear it wownt, iv even been PM's telling me DHT blockers will by numerouse ppl, then an Administrator with over 6k of posts says no

this is frustrating

Blog Entries
    im getting nowhere, one one hand i hear blocking DHT will stop increased growth of body hair and then i hear it wownt, iv even been PM's telling me DHT blockers will by numerouse ppl, then an Administrator with over 6k of posts says no

this is frustrating
    by no means am i some kind of authority on the matter. Problem with this question is that i think you may be hard pressed to find pubmed articles on the subject....

All i can say is that i have been taking finasteride for years now and i have plenty of body hair (ask ttuprincess, lol). And this body hair has not been stopped or reduced...being on hrt probably feeds the beast even more

themetalmich is offline Junior Member
    Finasteride totally works to prevent bodyhair. DHT promots Hairloss and bodyhair growth. Finasteride reduces your DHT by 5alpha reductase blah blah blah.........Over the past 6 or so years of taking finasteride whether on juice or not, I've noticed a definite reduction in leg hair, and I have NO back hair like I used to. It happens over time, but it is definitely a very effective drug for body hair.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by themetalmich
    Finasteride totally works to prevent bodyhair. DHT promots Hairloss and bodyhair growth. Finasteride reduces your DHT by 5alpha reductase blah blah blah.........Over the past 6 or so years of taking finasteride whether on juice or not, I've noticed a definite reduction in leg hair, and I have NO back hair like I used to. It happens over time, but it is definitely a very effective drug for body hair.
    Perfect example on how everyone is different
    Good to hear btw

so whats the bad side to finasteride ? are there any sides, if so what are they?

Thread Information