Thread: Shoulder

pcbboy is offline New Member

Shoulder

Last January while working i injured my shoulder. In May i started a cycle of Dbol and sust. I gained alot of strenght but the pain in my shoulder persisted. The doctor had me on physical therapy but i felt weights were working better. I just had an MRI done and they couldn't see the rotator cuff very well due to new muscle tissue growth over the injured area. Thanks to the AAS i believe. I have to go in for a contrast MRI but my question is, if the AAS makes me feel better what steroid could i ask the physician for? And can you get a prescription for dbol, sust, or teste? Any ideas?

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i think the only steroid they give u for pain like that is cortisol... which is a totally different type of steroid.. not the muscle building kind but the anti- inflamatory kind... good luck selling the doc on giving u a script for a muscle building roid... not gonna happen

yeah i read about the cortisol and it actually promotes muscle degeneration and makes you weaker. But i read a few articles about steroid injections in patients but they didn't mention what steroid they were using. It would kick ass thought to have a doc prescribe some roids!!

Gerkie66 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pcbboy
    ...It would kick ass thought to have a doc prescribe some roids!!
    it would, but don't think its really gonna happen...at least not in the U.S....

just make sure you rehab your rotator cuff and don't "cover up" the pain with AAS or any type of pain medication...you want to make sure you heal it otherwise it will just come back and cause problems in your life and especially with your training...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerkie66
    it would, but don't think its really gonna happen...at least not in the U.S....

just make sure you rehab your rotator cuff and don't "cover up" the pain with AAS or any type of pain medication...you want to make sure you heal it otherwise it will just come back and cause problems in your life and especially with your training...
    I still have to go in to find out what is really going on, they don't know if it is a rotator cuff tear, impingement or tendonosis. So I should find out sometime this week or next what is actually wrong with me. But i'm guessing there is a tear that has been covered up with new tissue growth from the sust and dbol .

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    But i'm guessing there is a tear that has been covered up with new tissue growth from the sust and dbol.
    Scar tissue.

~SC~

I still have to go in to find out what is really going on, they don't know if it is a rotator cuff tear, impingement or tendonosis. So I should find out sometime this week or next what is actually wrong with me. But i'm guessing there is a tear that has been covered up with new tissue growth from the sust and dbol.
    Just be careful and find out...I had a tear in my rotator cuff back in 1999, but was stubborn and didn't go to the doctors because I was afraid of what they'd tell me...well, I played sports and ignored all the pain and symptoms that i was experiencing and by the time i got it checked out and had a contrast MRI done, I ended up with three different tears in my rotator cuff and had to have surgery...

My shoulder has never been the same since...rehab was pretty intense, but its still not where it used to be...just be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerkie66
    had a contrast MRI done
    did you have an mri done prior with no contrast? I am just wondering how much more they can see with the contrast. And yeah i'm afraid too, but i just as soon get better than go through the pain i have since january.

yea...i had an mri done and then about a month later they did the mri with contrast...

from the first mri they said that there was a possible minor tear, but nothing significant so it was up to me if i want surgery because at that time they said that it wasn't necessary and had the chance of healing with proper therapy...

of course i don't want surgery, so I tried rehabing, but I continued sports and would constantly get this sharp pain from the top of my shoulder straight down through my elbow and into my fingers...my arm would just go dead with the pain...that is when i went back and they did the one with the contrast and ended up finding three tears and saying that if i wanted to stay active that i would need the surgery...

so the contrast showed a whole lot more for me, but i don't know how it is with other cases...

Yeah yours sounds a little different than mine, i don't have the pain down my arm. My shoulder pops when i move it and i cannot raise it more than 90 degrees to the side. I suppose surgery sucks, the rehab is the hardest part. I would like to convince the doc to use steroids to help but i think that will be long shot. I read this article http://www.docguide.com/dg.nsf/Print...256EBE0047CB64 and they used nandrolone decoanate afterwards. But I guess i will have to wait and see what the contrast comes up with.

billybob13 is offline Banned
    hmm.....

interesting article...

my shoulder had (and unfortunately still does) have limitations with external rotation and when i lift my arm straight above my head if my arm leans slightly back i lose all strength and it kinda just collapses, but then the strength comes back...its kinda weird...

you're right about rehab! It is the hardest part, but make sure you do everything and it will be worth it and then you'll eventually get back into your normal training routine...

good luck and i hope it all works out for you!

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    i was researching tendonitis since i have it in my left elbow. Found a few posts of people swearing that running hgh for a few months will cure the pain/problem. Dr. just gave me a shot in my elbow last week of that type of steroid ur referring to as well as some pain killer with it and it is alot better. But as soon as i can afford it, i'm gonna run hgh for at least 6 months at probably 3 i.u.'s 5 on/2 off. I imagine hgh would help ur shoulder as well.

Thread Information