dans is offline Junior Member

Test Cream/Arimedex- Need Some Answers Please

Trying to get a straightforward answer on this:

Will applying testosterone cream(prescribed by a doc) in small doses help me make any strength gains or improve body composition? I am an athlete that gets tested so I cannot use anything else. Will the cream make a difference? Will it have no effect or even a negative effect?

He also prescribed Arimedex. Is this a waste of time if I am just using a cream? Will the Arimedex itself help me make gains by converting estrogen to test?

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Topical creams won't help you to gain anything noticable at all, no. They are used to barely bring natty test levels to normal, and even then they are usually on the LOWER end of "normal".

~SC~

smiler is offline Senior Member
    the cream will raise your test levels and yes help with gains be carefull you can transfer that to your lady, a-dex will keep it from converting to estrogen. as far as testing i am sure the cream will raise your level enouph to be "discovered"

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Topical creams won't help you to gain anything noticable at all, no. They are used to barely bring natty test levels to normal, and even then they are usually on the LOWER end of "normal".

~SC~
    tottally depends on how much and how often. many chemicals transfer through your skin almost as efficienly as injecting (almost i said)

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Mmmmmmm, yeah, okay.

~SC~

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member
    This is my own personal experience with transdermal testosterone .
    I am 62 years old and a blood test revealed lower than normal testoterone levels, my doctor prescribed "Testim" testosterone gel. According to my Doc normal testosterone levels was between 200 and 800. Mine was at 80. After 8 weeks, my testosterone level was up to 1000 so he decreased the aplication of the gel from ED to 5 times a week. I feel much better and have added muscle definition and strength.
    So, for me, it is working and working very well.

Seems to be two conflicting answers there. Who's right? I think the amount he prescribed would not raise my levels enough to show on a piss test, but I am not sure. The use a urine test that checks to make sure test to epitest ratio less than 4/1. My test level is at 450, I think I could go up to 800 and still make the ratio. Sound right?

So you think the Arimidex is a good idea?

What about taking Arimedex by itself? Waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by dans
    Seems to be two conflicting answers there. Who's right? I think the amount he prescribed would not raise my levels enough to show on a piss test, but I am not sure. The use a urine test that checks to make sure test to epitest ratio less than 4/1. My test level is at 450, I think I could go up to 800 and still make the ratio. Sound right?

So you think the Arimidex is a good idea?

What about taking Arimedex by itself? Waste of time?
    what are your goals here? i mean your not gonna turn into s/cat with that but anything that raises test levels is good

My goal is to put on lean muscle mass and get strength gains. Mainly strength gains. I am already very big/strong naturally but I need to get stronger/bigger. Have been lifting for 9+ years naturally so I am at a plateau strength wise. Will this type of thing help me put on 5 -10 pounds of lean muscle mass over 3 or 4 months?

My goal is to put on lean muscle mass and get strength gains. Mainly strength gains. I am already very big/strong naturally but I need to get stronger/bigger. Have been lifting for 9+ years naturally so I am at a plateau strength wise. I am not trying to be a bodybuilder, I am an athlete. Will this type of thing help me put on 5 -10 pounds of lean muscle mass over 3 or 4 months?
    Last edited by dans; 09-17-2005 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dans
    My goal is to put on lean muscle mass and get strength gains. Mainly strength gains. I am already very big/strong naturally but I need to get stronger/bigger. Have been lifting for 9+ years naturally so I am at a plateau strength wise. I am not trying to be a bodybuilder, I am an athlete. Will this type of thing help me put on 5 -10 pounds of lean muscle mass over 3 or 4 months?
    seriously doubt it. if you have been lifting that long and a good diet thats asking alot. i'd be happy with 5 to 10 lbs lmm in 3 months doing 600mg ew test cyp inter.

Thread Information