Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    big&tall is offline Associate Member

Protein ??????????????

HI there need some help. protein intake can it come from shake mostly or does it need too come from mostly food. I am drinking 8 shakes a day and eating as good as can. any thoughts

chest6 is offline Banned
    wrong forum.
    WHOA! 8 shakes a day? IMO that is way too many..I would go with 2 a day. Most of your protein intake should come from food, thats why they call it a "supplement"

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    wrong forum.
    WHOA! 8 shakes a day? IMO that is way too many..I would go with 2 a day. Most of your protein intake should come from food, thats why they call it a "supplement"
    LMAOO......his turds must be like fvcking rocks.8 pro drinks a day and I'd be backed up to my throat!!!!

~Pinnacle~

chest6 is offline Banned
    i know i wouldnt be able to talk

lean123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    wrong forum.
    Dam lol.........hey big&tall what are your stats and how long you been hitting the gym for? I see your doing a cycle of test cyp for 10 weeks......

~lean

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    protien supplementing through shakes is fine, its just that protien from food is better quality protien. i guess it has something to do with getting more good things from teh meat then just the protien.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    LMAOO......his turds must be like fvcking rocks.8 pro drinks a day and I'd be backed up to my throat!!!!

~Pinnacle~
    i go the other way mate the more protein i eat i shat like niagra!!!!!

guys I eat a lot of chicken grild tuna turky no fried anything no candy. drink nothing but water and protein shakes they are preaty good after awile hell any thing is good after eating sh-t for so long. i do know how to tell how much protein iam geting out of my food. so every two hours during the day i drink a shake. any help thanks.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big&tall
    guys I eat a lot of chicken grild tuna turky no fried anything no candy. drink nothing but water and protein shakes they are preaty good after awile hell any thing is good after eating sh-t for so long. i do know how to tell how much protein iam geting out of my food. so every two hours during the day i drink a shake. any help thanks.

easy measure your food - get some scales

100g of chicken = 26g pro
    1 whole egg = 5g protein
    100g lean ham = 24g protein
    100g oats = 60g carbs

its easy

you dont wana be drinking 8 shakes a day - thats ridiculous - your metabolism will be crap
    i only have 3 scoops a day max

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    easy measure your food - get some scales

I second that!

100g of chicken = 26g pro
    1 whole egg = 5g protein
    100g lean ham = 24g protein
    100g oats = 60g carbs

Get a Nutritional Guide.

you dont wana be drinking 8 shakes a day - thats ridiculous - your metabolism will be crap
    i only have 3 scoops a day max
    Absolutely unheard of, how do you have room for real food? Or are these shakes, little 8oz cans/boxes?

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Bro, 2 shakes is sufficent, get most of your proteins from solids, I sometimes push 3 shakes myself.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    if you cant eat your required amount of protien,,drink it but should come from food first..

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Too much protein can alter your bodies own hormonal environment to not so anabólic one.. (ofcourse this will not apply when on cycle), secondly too much protein will not get u any benefits... the protein will be either turned into fat or utilized as energy..

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    what protein shakes are you taking?

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i take ususally 6 ast vp2 shakes a day and have no problems

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Wrong forum yes you are correct Chest

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    You need to get your protein from a variety of sources as they all have different combinations of amino acids and different bv's. The absolute most I would recommend would be 4, one first thing in the morning, one pre workout, one post workout and a casein shake before bed.

jnx3k is offline Associate Member
    wow. 8. thats alot. The most ive ever done is 3. Oh well. Hope you take this info, and make some changes to your protein intake.

well i get up in the morning at 5:00 drink a shake a eat oatmeal go too the gym work out at 6:00 untill 7:45. get too work at around 8:15 drink shake at 10:00 break drink shake. go to lunch at 11:00 at around 12:30 drink shake. then at 3:00 break drink shake eat snak. On the way home drink shake at 5:00. Around 6ish I eat dinner drink water. 7:15 drink shake. I will usaly eat snak 8:30. Then when I go too bed drink Shake. The shake are GNC 100% whey Protein 1 1/2 Scoops That is around 30gs. So I should still cut down on them. Just trying to get all I can out of Cycle. thank Guys.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big&tall
    well i get up in the morning at 5:00 drink a shake a eat oatmeal go too the gym work out at 6:00 untill 7:45. get too work at around 8:15 drink shake at 10:00 break drink shake. go to lunch at 11:00 at around 12:30 drink shake. then at 3:00 break drink shake eat snak. On the way home drink shake at 5:00. Around 6ish I eat dinner drink water. 7:15 drink shake. I will usaly eat snak 8:30. Then when I go too bed drink Shake. The shake are GNC 100% whey Protein 1 1/2 Scoops That is around 30gs. So I should still cut down on them. Just trying to get all I can out of Cycle. thank Guys.
    You're too dependant upon shakes. Start incorporating a lot more whole food sources.
    First thing in the morning and after your workout bump up the shake amounts to 50g protein a piece, since your body can handle more at these times.

big_C is offline Member
    wrong forum but I can't stress enough, supplementing protein is fine, but no more than 100 grams a day should come from a shake.CHICKEN!! I eat 4 or 5 boneless breasts a day, besides a ton of clean carbs to get my 450 to 500 grams of protein a day I need. The general rule is 2 grams per pound you weigh. I'm 280 pounds so 560 grams is ideal for me, 450 is hard enough to do!!

Thank men i will recal my shake drinking and eat MORE CHICKEN as the cow says. hay that is what this board is for and am verey thankfull it is here thank all of you!!!!!

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Most protein shakes make me fart. I found EAS whey is easy on my fart box. Most other whey shakes create smells that you would only experience on a farm.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I would just liek the rest of the photo set of the bitch in your avatar

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I limit my protein shakes to when I first wake up, post work out, and prior to going to bed. I used to alternate between whole food and MRP's, but that's when I had a green cloud following my ass, it stank so bad...

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Yea man - like everybody says 2 a day. Your primary protein source should be whole foods. I use shakes post workout or when I just cant get whole food - like at work when I dont have time for a whole food snack.
    Some GREAT sources of whole food protein:

Eggs / Egg whites
    Fish - Starkist select tuna is good - also salmon.
    Cottage cheese - great source of protein - especially before bed.
    Chicken - boneless skinless white meat only
    Turkey - better than chicken - skinless white meat only
    Lean red meat - this does not include ground meat or most steak cuts
    Round steak or flank steak are good choices. Use beef less than the options above.
    Pork - wouldnt use this as much but occasionally its OK - again needs to be a lean cut - tenderloin is good for this just make sure to trim it well before cooking and eat only the lean center portions.

To keep a good nitrogen balance try to consume 1 g protein for each lb of body weight per day. And dont forget the complex carbs - you need those too!
    Good luck!

I am doing 3 to 4 a day now at 50g instead of 8 shakes a day thanks for the info

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnZ
    Yea man - like everybody says 2 a day. Your primary protein source should be whole foods. I use shakes post workout or when I just cant get whole food - like at work when I dont have time for a whole food snack.
    Some GREAT sources of whole food protein:

Eggs / Egg whites
    Fish - Starkist select tuna is good - also salmon.
    Cottage cheese - great source of protein - especially before bed.
    Chicken - boneless skinless white meat only
    Turkey - better than chicken - skinless white meat only
    Lean red meat - this does not include ground meat or most steak cuts
    Round steak or flank steak are good choices. Use beef less than the options above.
    Pork - wouldnt use this as much but occasionally its OK - again needs to be a lean cut - tenderloin is good for this just make sure to trim it well before cooking and eat only the lean center portions.

To keep a good nitrogen balance try to consume 1 g protein for each lb of body weight per day. And dont forget the complex carbs - you need those too!
    Good luck!
    Finally someone said cottage cheese!!!!! I have read in many Bodybuilding texts that cottage cheese protein is better absorbed than chicken! Dunno if its true just what i've read, i will now look for that link! Dont forget the cottage cheese!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    wait a minute...

8 shakes x 80g per shake...= 640grams of protein

and you eat 6-8 meals per day..

or are you eating to cut.. ??

or are your shakes 40g per???
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

iam was drinking 8 shakes a day at 30g a day

Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    Finally someone said cottage cheese!!!!! I have read in many Bodybuilding texts that cottage cheese protein is better absorbed than chicken! Dunno if its true just what i've read, i will now look for that link! Dont forget the cottage cheese!
    Some people hate the texture of cottage cheese but for some odd reason I've always loved it. I'll eat that stuff raw without a prob.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    eat as much protien as you can from a variety of good food sources in a day... then SUPPLIMENT the rest with powder. If you take to much protien from one source, your body will eventually get sick of it and stop absorbing. if you have to eat 350 grams in a day, no more than 100-150 should be shakes.

ScottyShotty is offline Associate Member
    I just throw 3 scoops (60g) 100 % whey into a blender with 2 raw eggs and 24 oz of milk and a banana for flavor. Its close to 100 g of protein and man, it bubbles up and fills the entire blender.........I only drink 1 of those 1 hr after the gym.......but protein should always come from whole foods.
    Look how big grizzly and polar bears are.They drink 0 shakes a day.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    eat meat meat meat.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Some people hate the texture of cottage cheese but for some odd reason I've always loved it. I'll eat that stuff raw without a prob.
    Me too!! buy the like 5 pound tub at Costco along with 10lbs of chicken!!

HumanPerfection1 is offline Associate Member
    2-3 shakes, make sure their low in sodium, 20 egg whites hard boiled and 11/2-2lbs of chicken a day and your set with the proteins

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyShotty
    I just throw 3 scoops (60g) 100 % whey into a blender with 2 raw eggs and 24 oz of milk and a banana for flavor. Its close to 100 g of protein and man, it bubbles up and fills the entire blender.........I only drink 1 of those 1 hr after the gym.......but protein should always come from whole foods.
    Look how big grizzly and polar bears are.They drink 0 shakes a day.
    Too much protein in one serving....Average peeps can assimilate 50g a sitting. You just shit out and store the rest as fat.

shoalin is offline Junior Member
    I have about 2 shakes a day one in the morning with a bowl of oatmeal and one right after the gym with a protein muffin, But throughout the rest of the day its chicken.

Anaholic is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    if you cant eat your required amount of protien,,drink it but should come from food first..
    I agree, not to mention too much protien will make you have so much gas you won't be able to contain yourself from farting every 2 seconds.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member

kidney function

hey bro, at 8 shakes a day I'd be worried about overflowing your kidneys and causing damage there. An overdose of protein is any daily dose which exceeds your cells' daily maximum possible protein uptake. This excess protein flows around in your blood and overflows your kidneys, causing problems at the glomerulus (where substances are filtered out of your blood and into your urine). Eventually the glomerulus can't handle the added osmotic pressure of all this extra protein flowing in and the nephrons start to break down.

Montgomery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information