snowfox is offline Associate Member

Estrogen receptors, fat buildup, SERM'S and AI's

Does any of the selective estrogen receptor blocking drugs or aromatase inhibitors reduce or stop the buildup of fat in estrogen receptor sensitive areas? i.e. breasts, hips etc... or is their only benifit in preventing gynecomastia ?

As estrogen (and aromatase enzyme) does play a role in fat buildup I would think that one of the many serms/AI's would act to prevent or make it easier to loose fat (localized or overall) caused by excess estrogen.

Anyone got some suggestions. experiences or studies referrals?

Thanks.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfox
    Does any of the selective estrogen receptor blocking drugs or aromatase inhibitors reduce or stop the buildup of fat in estrogen receptor sensitive areas? i.e. breasts, hips etc... or is their only benifit in preventing gynecomastia ?

As estrogen (and aromatase enzyme) does play a role in fat buildup I would think that one of the many serms/AI's would act to prevent or make it easier to loose fat (localized or overall) caused by excess estrogen.

Thanks.
    thankfully, Hooker has done all of that research for us, and believe me, i've checked many of his references, and he's got it covered...take a day to browse that forum, it'll give you all the answers you're looking for

AM

supersteve Guest
    I took letrozole for a long time and I didn't notice much fat gain at all even though I put on a fair bit of muscle in that time. However, I was eating very clean and may not have put on much fat even without the AI.

Also, it is actually now being suggested that estrogen is lypolitic (i.e. burns fat).

big'r is offline Junior Member

Thanks.
    Hee kerel. Gezellig.... Een medelander (Sorry guys, had to tell him i'm dutch too).

I know of 1 study comparing testosterone supplementation to supplementation of testosterone + arimidex .
    The outcome was there were no differences in BMI, fat mass and fat free mass between the 2 groups.

As for preventing gyno. AI's will not do that for you. Nolva will.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big'r
    As for preventing gyno. AI's will not do that for you. Nolva will.
    Not true. AI's keep estradiol under control, thus preventing gyno. That isn't to say that Nolvadex isn't very effective.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    It's the diet, cardio and amount of muscle mass that dictates bf levels. Sure, thyroid function as well but cardio and diet dictate that.

Er zitten wel meer Nederlanders op deze board. En 1 van de beste boards op het internet (one of the best boards on the internet). Yes of course I've read hookers profiles time and again, but it's the members here which have many different experiences. Anyhow, excess estrogen does play a role in estrogen related fat buildup...not neccesarily gyno in everybody.

Clean diet and cardio is the way to go to loose that excess fat. And that would burn the fat off of all body area's at the same rate. But would serm's/ai's help burn fat faster around the nip/ chest area while doing whatever diet, i.e. eca, clen or plain dieting and cardio?

big'r is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    Not true. AI's keep estradiol under control, thus preventing gyno. That isn't to say that Nolvadex isn't very effective.

Do you have some pubmed links to this?
    I'm always interested to learn more......
    And i don't mean AI's keeping estradiol under control, but AI's preventing gyno.

Your statement is theoratically logical, but since the human body is so complex, i always want direct evidence.

And i don't mean AI's keeping estradiol under control, but AI's preventing gyno.

Your statement is theoratically logical, but since the human body is so complex, i always want direct evidence.
    The evidence is overwelming, both from an antedoctal standpoint and a clinical study standpoint. There is a paper that summarizes and references much of the clinical data on this subject. I'll see if I can dig up a copy (link).

like i mentioned previously, the profile section is backed by numerous studies which are referenced at the end of each, and if you check them, like i have, you'll have your answers...otherwise, i don't usually rely on others to post info, since it's very simple to go to Google Scholar and type in "arimidex estradiol" and find lots of studies...if any of you guys need help accessing some of the publications, let me know...i got a username and password for many of them this semester when i started my nuc med program...

and fyi, letrozole has been shown to reverse gyno, and is a superior AI than any mentioned here...again, lots of info on it in the profile section

AM

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    like i mentioned previously, the profile section is backed by numerous studies which are referenced at the end of each, and if you check them, like i have, you'll have your answers...otherwise, i don't usually rely on others to post info, since it's very simple to go to Google Scholar and type in "arimidex estradiol" and find lots of studies...if any of you guys need help accessing some of the publications, let me know...i got a username and password for many of them this semester when i started my nuc med program...

and fyi, letrozole has been shown to reverse gyno, and is a superior AI than any mentioned here...again, lots of info on it in the profile section

AM
    Ok...so this is what you were talking about...yeah, I usually don't bother answering questions that I've already answered either via profile or in this forum....or if it's common sense... I mean..."how long do I run letro to get rid of gyno?" is my favorite...

Run it until the gyno isn't there!

How about ru

Bro, believe me, I've read as much as possible on profiles and studies. But profiles and studies don't affect everyone the same way. That's why this board is so useful in helping people out with their own experiences.

But I'm going to give up now as everybody seems to refer to this thread or that profile/study instead of actual experiences.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the reply's.

Thanks.
    dude, sorry to burst your bubble, but the profiles are CHALK full of studies...reading them isn't enough, you gotta check the references, and then find them on your own to read the full article...nobody is gonna hand feed you here...everyone here has 'experimented' with just about every serm, ai there is, and they all do what the profile section says they do, the only thing that might differ is a tweaking of doses, etc...damn, do a little legwork every now and then...

AM

Thread Information