Need an answer...

If progesterone and estrogen can cause anti inflammatory effects to the joints, why do so many claim that anavar ,equipoise , and primobolan help there joints while on cycle? These drugs have little if not any water retention to help the joints,or is this all mental were they have read that it helped and beleaved it? Ive also read before that test is bad for the joints, but with the water retention that it gives how can this be?

So for joint health it would seem drugs like test, anadrol ,dianabol ,and deca would help.

And drugs like winstrol , anavar, masteron ,primo,eq would not help or even maybe hurt them.

am i right or wrong? I dont claim to know alot about steroids . im here to learn from other peoples knowledge.

I was thinking about running a primobolan depot and anavar cycle. But if this is right with what i have said so far, that cycle is history.

Going more for a test C or E cycle along with anavar. But if anavar is not good for the joints ill just run test by itself.

Any opinions are welcome . If you have any scientific research to back up your claims that would be very helpful as well.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i have never seen some one say var or eq helps joints. eq and var will not dry them out as bad as winny will.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    i have never seen some one say var or eq helps joints. eq and var will not dry them out as bad as winny will.

I have seen many on this board say that eq and var will. I beleive i even saw a post yesterday with somones saying eq helps the joints, and pinnacle had to say it was a myth that eq helps the joints. Just goin by memory here.

Blog Entries
    eq and var will not help joints. it wont make it as bad as some other compounds but wont help.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    eq and var will not help joints. it wont make it as bad as some other compounds but wont help.
    So what your saying is that i am right with what i said in the first thread,Test really can help your tendons?

Damn deca , being detectable for over a year.

Blog Entries
    yes your right. and that is the only resion why i dont run deca .

ALRIGHT! Thanks for the replys gsxxr.
    Anybody else want to throw some info in here?

Does nobody else know....

Everytime i ask a question few people answer. If i started a thread saying im doing deca only or what does equipoise do(something that should be answered by doing 10 minutes of research on there own) im sure there would be hundreds of responses of everyone giving the exact same advice. Is what im talking about ,just a mystery to the steroid world , or can someone give me some answers.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    A while back someone posted a study on what AAS helped joints. They helped joints by accelerating the growth of new connective tissue. EQ and Var were a couple of the top performers as well as deca . They did not just "lube" the joints but helped in accelerating new growth. If I remember correctly, aromatizing steroids also helped the joints out by bringing more fluid to them, but this was only temporary while you are using them.

Sorry, I've got no qoutes, but a search or two could probably find more info.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810
    A while back someone posted a study on what AAS helped joints. They helped joints by accelerating the growth of new connective tissue. EQ and Var were a couple of the top performers as well as deca . They did not just "lube" the joints but helped in accelerating new growth. If I remember correctly, aromatizing steroids also helped the joints out by bringing more fluid to them, but this was only temporary while you are using them.

Sorry, I've got no qoutes, but a search or two could probably find more info.
    wow, someone actually replied
    Yes i have read it bunch of times about procollagen tissue or what not.
    From what i read there was no references to back it up tho.
    I also saw that many people did not agree with it. Because of that article, i wanted to do a prim/var stack.That article also said test was bad for the joints but with all that water retension from estrogen is should help the joints, thats why i dont agree on it.So my main concern for my next cycle is what cycle should i do for my joints? I cant do deca.I would do test if it helps , but does it help? (i need to be certain) or if primo and var helps heal the joints i will go with them.

Blog Entries
    i have read that but i ??? who much and if it's true or not.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Ive read it a few times, but only on this and other boards. I know from practical experience that when I get bloated my joints feel way better. Long esther test is going to aromatize somewhat and that would make my joints feel better. Im adding Var next week to my cycle. We'll see if it helps with joints at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810
    Ive read it a few times, but only on this and other boards. I know from practical experience that when I get bloated my joints feel way better. Long esther test is going to aromatize somewhat and that would make my joints feel better. Im adding Var next week to my cycle. We'll see if it helps with joints at all.

thanks for the info. I was thinking about running test e or cyp with anavar , i would like to know how if works out for you. Keeping my body strong and injury free is much more important to me than gaining as much size in a short amount of time as physically possible. My joints take a pounding in what i do, so i just want to have everything right before i start my cycle.Anybody else have any thoughts or suggestions?

bump

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Hellmask,

This is a very good question, however your prevailing premise namely, "estrogen's water retention properties are solely/primarily responsible for the anti-inflammatory benefits", is flawed. Though you're on the right track, the answer is significantly more complicated. The following article addresses the reasoning behind joint pain as related to those substances most often discussed in this respect, and identifies positive and negative effects of said substances.

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Hellmask,

This is a very good question, however your prevailing premise namely, "estrogen's water retention properties are solely/primarily responsible for the anti-inflammatory benefits", is flawed. Though you're on the right track, the answer is significantly more complicated. The following article addresses the reasoning behind joint pain as related to those substances most often discussed in this respect, and identifies positive and negative effects of said substances.
    What article? and i tried the link you posted in the other thread it did not work, and i am curious to see what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by magic32

says page cant be displayed

Must have been truncated, I'll pull it again.

Hellmask,

Here's the link and it's working for me...

http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/m...D=32&pageID=383

Let me know if it still won't come up, then I'll just post the article.

It still isnt coming up.

Interesting...well here's the whole article, though it may lose some formatting, I'll post it on your other thread also...

Deca , Winstrol and Your Joints
    by Anthony Roberts

Separating Fiction from Fact

I’ve been somewhat plagued by certain questions ever since I started reading about steroids a decade ago. Certain ideas just never sat well with me…and unfortunately, when I asked more questions, I only received similar answers. When I was introduced to the world of internet steroid boards about half a decade ago, I posed these same questions to the “powers that be” on the boards I was a member of. I received many of the same answers, but my private messages and e-mails to moderators and staff members on various boards asking for references or some kind of logic were all left unanswered. On occasion I was offered the profound advice that it’s “well known that…etc…” and told to stop asking. Well known to whom? It’s certainly not well known to me.

One of the most annoying and often repeated “well known fact” is that Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca) improves and soothes your joints by storing water in them. And, conversely, Winstrol has a “reverse osmotic” effect on your joints, which makes them ache when you use it, because it draws water out of your body, joints included. Reverse Osmotic? Wow…if we use really big words, maybe we’ll sound smart and people will stop asking questions. I believe this to be the dictum most anabolic steroid boards are founded on, and probably the way the staff on those boards begin their evening prayers…

Well, this mode of thinking isn’t good enough for me, and if you’re reading Avant’s website or Mind and Muscle magazine, it’s not good enough for you either. Hold on, because we’re about to engineer a paradigm shift!

My first clue to solving this mystery was that Winstrol was DHT derived, as is Masteron , and I have a friend who gets bad joint problems when using both of them. A little bit of research revealed many people shared his affliction. And it was very obvious that many people who’ve used Deca have found it to alleviate chronic joint problems and pains. I know that Deca is a 19-nor derived steroid, and I also know that it’s a progestin, and hence can stimulate the progesterone receptor (15) about 20% as well as progesterone. I also know that it aromatizes (converts to estrogen) at a much lesser rate than testosterone (16). Could the answer somehow lie in estrogen? Well, Deca doesn’t really aromatize much at all, so maybe there is a synergy between Deca’s PgR stimulating ability and its low(ish) estrogenic effects?

We certainly know that Estrogen depletion by menopause can decrease bone mineral density and the replacement of estrogen quickly restores the bone loss (18). In addition, we know that estrogen is aided in this by progesterone but that estrogen is more important (19). Collagen is also subject to improvement by addition of estrogen and progesterone (20). But is that all? Why do your joints “feel” better on deca?

And where would this leave us, in terms of Winstrol and Masteron causing pain in joints? I have always thought there was something more to this. And I think the answer lies in DHT.

You see, DHT administration has been found to decrease estrogen levels through a variety of mechanisms on peripheral tissue (1). DHT directly inhibits estrogenic activity on tissues, either by acting as a competitive antagonist to the estrogen receptor or by decreasing estrogen receptor binding. Either way, it has two clear mechanisms of possible action in peripheral tissue.

DHT and its metabolites have further been shown to inhibit aromatization itself, and this is a possible mechanism whereby it can reduce circulating levels of estrogen in your body. Indeed, DHT, androsterone, and 5alpha-androstandione are all potent inhibitors of the formation of estrone from androstenedione. Finally, DHT acts on the HPTA to decrease the secretion of gonadotropins (it inhibits it). In fact, it's so potent at reducing estrogen that transdermal DHT gel applied to the affected area has been used to treat gynocomastia (5)(6). Estrogen is the primary culprit in gyno (8), although we know that progesterone can be synergistic with estrogen in this (and other) respects(s).

DHT also has a negative effect on Progesterone biosynthesis in cells (7), and even has the ability to inhibit progesterone elevation caused by estrogen (10). Therefore DHT would be (and is) very effective in reducing gyno because it reduces both estrogen as well as progesterone. This property holds with DHT-derived steroids, for the most part as well, since Masteron has been found in some cases to have positive effects in reducing breast tissue tumors(9), which is essentially what gyno is (albeit benign).

You still with me? Good, because I want you to hold that first idea (DHT reduces estrogen and progesterone), and put it in the back of your mind while you read this next part, which is about your immune system.

T helper 1 (TH1) cells secrete pro-inflammatory cytokines as well as promoting cell-mediated immune responses, whereas TH2 cells trigger antibody production (2). Sex hormones (such as progesterone) that promote the development of a TH2 response also happen to antagonize the emergence of TH1 cells. Hence, when progesterone levels are (or the PgR, progesterone receptor) stimulated, you'll have more anti-inflammatory cytokines floating around and less pro-inflammatory cytokines. Aspirin, Tylenol, and all of the over the counter anti-inflammatories are also useful as painkillers. Anti-inflammatory effects are often highly correlated with pain killing activity. What happens when women with arthritis get pregnant? They typically see a reduction in joint pain. This, I contend, is due to the progesterone and estrogen increases seen during pregnancy, and the anti-inflammatory effects they generate.

Progesterone, like testosterone, both stimulates humoral immunity (the TH2) and suppresses cellular immunity (TH1 response). Ergo, progesterone has anti-inflammatory action. Deca is a progestin, meaning it stimulates the progesterone receptor. And that’s why it alleviates joint pains. Remember that old idea that deca promotes "water-retention" in the joints, and that’s why it helps your joints feel better? Bullshit. You just read the real reason deca helps joints. Deca actually works on two fronts as an androgen—which have well-documented effects on corticosteroids—and as a progestin to reduce inflammation.

Let’s move on....

Estrogen exerts what is known as a biphasic (two phase) effect. At low amounts, it is pro-inflammatory, because it stimulates the TH1 arm of the immune system (cellular immunity) and inflammation. In high(er) amounts, it is actually an anti-inflammatory (2). So when one takes very strong anti-estrogens (or aromatase inhibitors), one both loses water (because estrogen causes water retention) as well as experiences sore joints due to the pro-inflammatory effects generated from low estrogen levels.

Letrozole , which reduces blood plasma levels of estrogen due to aromatase inhibition, is the best example of this. It is infamous for causing aching joints. Letrozole decreases both aromatase activity as well as (obviously) plasma levels of estrogen, and in addition reduces progesterone levels (3). This is why when people use Letrozole, they claim it takes "water out of their joints" and makes them ache. Again, this is total bullshit.

Lowering estrogen will reduce water retention, but of equal importance it will also limit your body's ability to produce estrogen-mediated anti-inflammatory reactions to weight training. You lose water and your joints hurt, which is why the myth exists that lost water in the joints is the source of discomfort. It is true that you one loses subcutaneous water when estrogen levels are low, but it's simply not true that losing this water will make your joints hurt. It is the loss of estrogen and progesterone’s anti-inflammatory effects that is behind the aching joints. We can also make the claim that Testosterone can have some anti-inflammatory effects both through it's aromatization to estrogen is as well as its effects on corticosteroids. This too, is well documented.

Now, let’s see if we can recall that first bit I asked you to remember....the bit where I told you that DHT reduces estrogen and progesterone. By now we have established that reductions in both of those hormones (Estrogen and Progesterone) are caused by DHT and DHT-derivatives, which carry many of the same properties and produce similar metabolites.

And this reduction in Estrogen/Progesterone, caused by DHT, reduces your body's production of anti-inflammatory and painkilling cytokines. And this is what causes Winstrol, Masteron, etc to cause joint pain. And as noted at the beginning of this article, when one undergoes reductions in estrogen and progesterone, bone mineral density and collagen will suffer deleterious effects.

So there we have it, finally: a plausible explanation for the contrasting effects Deca and Winstrol have on joints.

References

1. MacDonald PC, Madden JD, Brenner PF, Wilson JD, Siiteri PK 1979 Origin of estrogen in normal men and in women with testicular feminization. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 49:905–916

2. Science, Vol 283, Issue 5406, 1277-1278 , 26 February 1999

3. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2002 Nov 15;105(2):161-5.

4. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1995 Sep;80(9):2658-60.

5. Successful percutaneous dihydrotestosterone treatment of gynecomastia occurring during highly active antiretroviral therapy: four cases and a review of the literature.

6. Clin Infect Dis. 2001 Sep 15;33(6):891-3. Epub 2001 Aug 10.

7. Androgens and the immunocompetence handicap hypothesis: unraveling direct and indirect pathways of immunosuppression in song sparrows.

8. Am Nat. 2004 Oct;164(4):490-505. Epub 2004 Sep 1.

9. Nippon Sanka Fujinka Gakkai Zasshi. 1988 Mar;40(3):331-7.

10. Progesterone is not essential to the differentiative potential of mammary epithelium in the male mouse. Freeman, Topper. Endocrinology. 1978 Jul;103(1):186-92

11. Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol. 1983 Sep;19(9):1231-7.

12. Biol Reprod. 1989 Jun;40(6):1201-7.

13. Metabolism. 1990 Nov;39(11):1167-9.

14. Effects of nandrolone decanoate on bone mineral content R, Righi GA, Turchetti V, Vattimo A.

15. Cancer Res 1978 Nov;38(11 Pt 2):4186-98

16. Biosynthesis of Estrogens, Gual C. et al. Endocrinology 71 (1962) 920-25

17. Comparative effects and mechanisms of castration, estrogen anti-androgen, and anti-estrogen-induced regression of accessory sex organ epithelium and muscle.Invest Urol. 1981 Jan;18(4):229-34.

18. [Clinical aspects of estrogen and bone metabolism]
    Clin Calcium. 2002 Sep;12(9):1246-51. Japanese.

19. The effects of progestins on bone density and bone metabolism in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trial.

20. Bone response to treatment with lower doses of conjugated estrogens with and without medroxyprogesterone acetate in early postmenopausal women.
    Osteoporos Int. 2005 Apr;16(4):372-9. Epub 2005 Jan 15.

21. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Apr;192(4):1316-23; discussion 1323-4.

Mind and Muscle Magazine is a division of Par Deus, Inc.
    © 2001 — 2005 Par Deus Inc. All Rights Reserved.

magic32 thanks for the article.That is the article i read that changed my veiws.My question is , which one tells the truth ,this one or the article about procallogan tissue?The procollogan says test is bad this one says its good.

I'm not familiar with the other one but this one as you can probably tell was extremely researched, and authored by Hooker.

Gotta fly...til later.

M.

Naz786 is offline New Member
    Hi guys.

I recently had a blood test done after coming off a testoviron and d bol cycle.
    everything was fine except for the urea levels they were high.

should be between 2-6.5, went up to 9.3. how to combat this for next time.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Naz786
    Hi guys.

I recently had a blood test done after coming off a testoviron and d bol cycle.
    everything was fine except for the urea levels they were high.

should be between 2-6.5, went up to 9.3. how to combat this for next time.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Did you PCT, if so with what and how long?
    Lastly, how soon after cycle did you test?

M.

The latter is more likely the problem get that tested again two weeks later and have them check creatine also. Urea levels over '9' are very dangerous because elevated blood levels of urea and creatinine (usually they occur together) are likely evidence of decreased kidney function. This is because they are waste products that your kidneys normally filter from your blood. If your kidneys aren't working properly, these substances build up in your body. Blood tests that evaluate kidney function are used to measure urea and creatinine.

If you have elevated blood levels of these substances, your doctor should have recommended additional tests to further evaluate your kidney function. These may include:

Glomerular filtration rate — to determine your kidney function as a percent of normal
    Urine tests — to look for increased protein and red blood cells

If he didn't don't even go back, see another doc, if possible a urologist.

M.

Naz786 is offline New Member
    PCT was with clomid for 9 days. the test was done 2 weeks after cycle, the nurse said it was nothing to worry about it can be a state of dehydration it can happen to anyone even herself if she did the test. I bet u guys if i told her i was on roids she would have said all sorts of shit. The creatinine was fine just the urea. After a month
    i did the test again and the urea levels had only come down to 7.5 in only one month
    damn (only one month)and drinking 2 gallons of water a day, should be more than enough to push any shit out. I,ve heard about cranberry extract help wash away any shit around the bladder and kidney area maybe i should try this.

So they might come down quicker from 7.5 then they did from 9.3

Also when on the roids i was supplementing

Cod liver oil
    primrose oil
    calcium
    liv 52
    milk thistle
    vit c
    Vit d
    multi vit
    and a shit load of water

I am quite concerened abouit my health and if want the body to undergo any stress
    it will only be from the roids.

Allways wanted to be abig guy

But this isn't good for future cycles and have only done 2 cycles with a space gap of 8 months.

Thankyou

Thread Information