Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    klepp1214 is offline Junior Member

Totally Chickened on my first Shot!

So after months of planning, and many more months of debate, research, ect... it came time to try and do what i thought i would never do.. a cycle. At first i planned on doing one and only one, thus it was going to be sustanon , dbol , and deca ... to put on as much size with one as i could.. and come off with clomid and nolvadex . Well due to impatience and some bad luck financially.. i ended up with all my sustanon, and no cash or patience to get everything else. Aside from that alot of folks suggest test only first cycles so i figured what the hell. I already had some superdrol i purchased and was a week into taking that so i figured i had better start soon for obvious reasons. Long story short, i filled up my 25 gauge 1 incher... and handed it to my buddy who just did a cc of test e with a 23 gauge 1 1/2 right in front of me and laid down on my bed to prepare myself. Quick tidbit of info, im mortified of needles, i pass out during tatoos and ive avoided the dentist for years for one reason and one reason only....its so bad that i could be dying and theres a chance i will accept it and not be poked with anything of the sort! Anyhow, as i laid there with my mp3 player blasting the most hardcore music i had in my ears.. i got to thinking, ill be shooting EoD to get as much as i can out of the sust... 3/4 cc EoD to be exact.. and as hard a time as i was having doing this one. i couldnt handle having it be like that even one more time.... let alone 42 more times..... (12 weeks) Even though they say it gets better.. moving from buttside to shoulder, then other buttside to other shoulder.... ATLEAST the first time in each new area is gonna scare the shit outta me. Then i got my buddy always talking about having a hard time on xxx side cause of nerves and veins, and so im so panic stricken even my feet were sweating. So i tell him to put his hand where he needs to on my ass....and im gonna look straight ahead... and give him the thumbs up when im ready.. so he puts his hand there.. immediately i threaten his life if he comes near my ass with that ****er before im ready....i say go.... then about 1/2 a second later i was like.. no way..screw this!! after that we went to burger king and ate and my heart rate and adrenaline was still racing.. how ridiculous, im a 23 year old man for christ sakes!! Now i know i know, no pain no gain, go big or go home.. ect ect... well shit, im having a really hard time with this lol. Any advice? will a buncha vicotin or something just relax me enough? What a mess!

get someone else to stab ya.

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    i believe he said his friend was going to stab him....dude, i was scared as hell my first time too. I've passed out before giving blood so i know the fear of needles. To me it was like, what's more important. Gettin swole or pissing myself cause im so scared of that teeny weeny little needle. It took me all of 3 minutes to get the nerve to do it the first time and you know what, i didn't feel a d@mn thing. Nothing at all, and I've shot nothing but quads, they are so easy. Man up brutha if you want it bad enough and just do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bradd5150
    i believe he said his friend was going to stab him....dude, i was scared as hell my first time too. I've passed out before giving blood so i know the fear of needles. To me it was like, what's more important. Gettin swole or pissing myself cause im so scared of that teeny weeny little needle. It took me all of 3 minutes to get the nerve to do it the first time and you know what, i didn't feel a d@mn thing. Nothing at all, and I've shot nothing but quads, they are so easy. Man up brutha if you want it bad enough and just do it!!!

I saw his title and assumed he was doing it himself. To read that life story someone would have to pay me.If your 23 and your not man enough to inject yourself or have someone inject you.You should package them up nicely and give them to someone who can use them.

Duster is offline Junior Member
    the only way to get over a fear is to do it straight up!

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    suck it up...... DO IT

chest6 is offline Banned
    have ur friend not tell u when hes gonna do it..think about something else..he will jab u...eh scratch that u would freak out with the needle in you and the needle would move around too much

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Ah, I remember my first time. You never forget those special times.

I didn't expect my first injection to be difficult but when it came to doing the injection, my 'self defense' mechanism kicked in unexpectantly. I finally just did it, slowly. To this bad, I still can't manage to 'stab' myself with the pin.

My first injection was in the glutes. I recommend the thighs (vastus lateralis muscle) for first-timers. Much easier.

klepp1214: glad you aren't doing a stack for your first cycle. That would have been damn stupid.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    go buy EMLA......it's a topical anesthetic, avaible @ walgreens or prob other pharmacies; over the counter

It's what doctors use to numb a babys penis before circumcision
    You do however have to let it stand on the site for 30 minutes for it to work.
    wipe it off.steralize it and shot.

If it's working properly your skin will become slightly white.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klepp1214
    So i tell him to put his hand where he needs to on my ass....and im gonna look straight ahead... and give him the thumbs up when im ready.. so he puts his hand there.. immediately i threaten his life if he comes near my ass with that ****er before im ready....i say go
    Do you know how funny you made this sound.. LMFAO bro...

But in all respect, you should go with a single ester test . 1 that you could get away with shooting once a week instead of 7 times a week or 4(sust).

If you are really that terrified of needles you should get Test E and sale what you have to another. Also D-bol is vary cheap. like 25$ bro. And its good that you have a hommie to help you out..

~dv~

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    suck it up...... DO IT
    Hey are those your dogs in your avy..?..NIce dogs bro, thats a good photo. Im looking to get a dog soon just cannot make-up my mind about choosing a breed.

~dv~

SpiderRico is offline Member
    gotta start somewhere and some how i didnt think i would be able to do it either now... im like a herion addict its just natural

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    it ain't gonna kill ya bro! just do it. pain is weakness leaving the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    go buy EMLA......it's a topical anesthetic, avaible @ walgreens or prob other pharmacies; over the counter

It's what doctors use to numb a babys penis before circumcision
    You do however have to let it stand on the site for 30 minutes for it to work.
    wipe it off.steralize it and shot.

If it's working properly your skin will become slightly white.
    You sir, are the king! This might just help.. ill have to look into it.. its not that i cant handle the pain, i have 5 tatoos, some fairly large.. it just... totally breaks me down.. i dont even understand where the fear comes from lol.

thanks for all the feedback, today ill give it another shot.. maybe myself.. sitting down in the quad is ok right? or do ya have to be standing?

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member
    IMHO. The pain of an injection is NOT the reason for needle phobia.

You will only realize this after you get rid of your phobia. The FEAR of the needle is the problem. No ammount of pain-dulling substance is going to overcome that fear.

A bee sting, paper cut, hitting your thumb with a hammer are MUCH WORSE at inflicting pain than a needle. It is the idea of something cutting through our flesh that creates the phobia.

Once you are able to overcome this, you are home free. GOOD LUCK1
    Last edited by SEBASTOP; 09-18-2005 at 09:26 AM.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEBASTOP
    IMHO. The pain of an injection is NOT the reason for needle phobia.

You will only realize this after you get rid of your phobia. The FEAR of the needle is the problem. No ammount of pain-dulling substance is going to overcome that fear.

A bee sting, paper cut, hitting your thumb with a hammer are MUCH WORSE at inflicting pain than a needle. It is the idea of something cutting through our flesh that creates the phobia.

Once you are able to overcome this, you are home free. GOOD LUCK1

lmao..you said cutting through the flesh........That's gonna help him out!!

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    you said above that you have tattoos, so pain is not your issue.
    try this. get every thing ready a day before. load your needel, every thing.
    next day have a seat. dont look at your needel. clean the area and pick your spot.
    deep breathing. quads will be the easyest. pick up the needel and place it where you want it. look away, one deep breath and slowly push. you wont see it happen but before you knowit you will be in place to aspirate and inject. dont even look at the injection, just slowly push. drink some water and breath deep, Im sure you can do it.
    good luck bro. first one is the hardest

yes, first one is always hardest but ur gonna have to look at it if you are going to aspirate . And you had better aspirate. Yes the numbing stuff aint gonna do sh!t for you, its the fear of the needle going deep inside you. I did my first shot sitting on the toilet, so yes, you can be sitting to do it and i recommend it since you might pass out. I used 23g 1 1/2" pins so i only went 2/3 of the way in so i had to watch it go in. I couldn't "stab" myself either so i did it slowly. JUST DO IT BRO, you'll be so glad after its over that you did it.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    u need to look away and let your bro shoot u when he is ready and not when u r ready... u will probably not even know he has done it.... i can't describe how easy it does get after awhile...

i sure hope it does get easier, especially w/ EoD shots, anyhow im running for 12 weeks at 3/4cc EoD, if quad isnt that bad ill probably go quad quad butt butt... anyhow i went looking for the cream at Walgreen and CVS, asked the pharmacists and neither had it, and the cvs pharmacist was kind enough to explain to me it was used in some cosmetic surgeries and is quite powerful, and around 150 bucks a tube... scratch that... anyhow gonna shit,shower,shave.. and sit down and just do it i suppose. Someone on the boards once said, one quick jab through the skin then you can just slide it in.. sound good? Wish me luck!

shoalin is offline Junior Member
    Oh man I remember my first shot I was sweating all over and I just came out the shower but after that first nano second prick you feel nothing else.

well guys, thanks for the support.. i did it.. with my girlfriend watching, but all by myself. I did it in my right quad.. i dont believe i got all of it in cause after i drew out the needle.. and applied alot more pressure than i was able to while it was in my leg, some extra came out, not alot though, hope its not a big deal. anyways i basically set it against my skin and slowly pushed.. the pain was little to absolutely none.. which was a little bit of a surprise.. but the minute i knew it was in i got so dizzy it was unreal.. i mean i felt high as a kite, i definetely had to struggle to stay concious.. just didnt talk, breathed, and injected as quick as i could.. w/ a 25g it takes a bit.. but i did aspirate and nothing... i massaged a minute or two after as well. We'll see how i feel tomorrow, ill keep ya's updated and maybe start a diary.. the nausea and dizzyness was real bad though, hope tuesday's shot isnt as bad but im not too confident.
    Thanks again!

beuleux is offline Banned
    Welcome to the dark side.....

Motorhead is offline New Member
    I know how you feel bro, I just did my first injection of a 12 week cycle today, took me damn near thirty minutes to finally man up and get pissed at myself enough to stick my glute. Good luck bro!

Bulldog743 is offline New Member
    Took me a half an hour to let my wife stick me with the 23g. 1.5 in. needle, not being that afraid of needles the "dying" part is what made me scared, test. cypionate , with oil getting into the heart and having a stroke or heart attack, is what scared me to death, the weirdest part is---i watched as she did it and waited for some kind of pain, there was none and no pain the next day etc..... Aspiration is a must, the second time we did it, she hit a vein, and we had to pick a lower part in the glute... Remember to aspirate ...... Use gloves and alcohol pads, wipe everything, inject very slowly, aspirate slowly, let alcohol dry before sticking needle in bottle...... The second injection was a piece of cake....

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    make sure u let the alchohol dry on your skin b4 u inject also, unless u want a little pain... didn't do that the other day and was surprised at how much it burnt...
    the dizziness and other shit will stop after u get used to stickin yourself and realize it ain't a big deal.... welcome though to the darkside...

big&tall is offline Associate Member
    I had my wife pin me. dude you my not be ready if you want it bad youll look the after cycle gains

thanks again guys, and yea i sure hope the dizzyness stops, it was extreme. the gf said my lips were as white as my teeth.. wasnt a pleasant feeling trying to stay conscious.. if that stops (hopefully sooner than later) then im good to go.. i can focus more on my training and diet than on when my next miserable poke will be! Check back for updates! week 2 of superdrol starting but havent noticed much of anything weight strength or pumps from it as of yet... minus it totally eradicating my appetite... i almost dry heaved and gagged on chicken for gods sake =p

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    it sounds like it's more mental, but that's me. congrats on the sucessful poke. hope all goes well next time...

welcome to the dark side bro. funny thing for me, i didn't get neauseus while i did my first shot, but like 10 minutes later i started thinking about it and got a little woozy. After my second shot, it was cake and actually started looking forward to monday mornings and thursday evenings for my shots. You will too. good luck bro.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Like stated above just let someone else stab ya

Quote Originally Posted by james21
    Like stated above just let someone else stab ya
    yea that was the plan at first, but then i started having issues cause my buddy started telling me he needed the music off so i could tell him if he hit a nerve or vein ect... started worrying me, not to mention.. shooting EoD i didnt want to have to depend on having someone there for me and then not have someone available and be screwed, i figured might as well learn to do it myself. Anyhow as a next day update, Im pretty sore but not limping or anything, i didnt heat the oil, shower beforehand, or massage too much at all so that could be it, but not as bad as i expected, just feels like a solid charly horse. Will I be ok switching back and forth from quad to quad EoD instead of using 4 inj sites?

kungen1234 is offline Junior Member
    There are two ways to treat phobias, both involve facing the fear.

Option A) Slowly and comfortably introducing the object of fear, with the aim of progressing and escalating exposure to the source of phobia. In example maybe show pictures of a snake, then letting the person see a real snake in a aquarium, then let the person pet the snake and then let the person hold the snake.

Option B) Drastically introduce the source of fear into the persons reality shocking the person into overcoming his/her fear. In example luring the person into a room filled with snakes and locking him/her in there until the phobia is gone.

Seems like you hit it Option B brother, everything WILL become easier, its called overcoming your phobia.

thats the fringe benefit im hoping for, otherwise i see being booted out of many a doctors office for years to come. Who knows, along with putting on 20 lbs i may be able to go get my wisdom teeth done! anyways will post back after tomorrows experience, with any luck there will atleast atleast be much less dizzyness, my girlfriend said she was scared how white i was and i was sooo fighting to stay concious, very uncomfy feeling lol but im sure a few folks can relate. I feel like a acadamy award winner but... without you guys, none of this would be possible~!

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klepp1214
    yea that was the plan at first, but then i started having issues cause my buddy started telling me he needed the music off so i could tell him if he hit a nerve or vein ect... started worrying me, not to mention.. shooting EoD i didnt want to have to depend on having someone there for me and then not have someone available and be screwed, i figured might as well learn to do it myself. Anyhow as a next day update, Im pretty sore but not limping or anything, i didnt heat the oil, shower beforehand, or massage too much at all so that could be it, but not as bad as i expected, just feels like a solid charly horse. Will I be ok switching back and forth from quad to quad EoD instead of using 4 inj sites?

Ok firstly you knew to heat the oil, massage the site afterwards and shower so why on earth didnt you bro???? your first jab and you didnt do it right not the best of starts IMO
    Are you saying you are only going to be using you quads for EOD injections?

well yea, i was pretty nervous but also pretty anxious... i washed my leg with antibacterial soap, then doused it with alchohol.. i was sterile, no doubt in my mind, and the dart was already preloaded from a day prior.. i had to start slow =) As for massaging it afterwards, i did... just not a whole lot.. more so my girlfriend doing it for me. I was concerned with getting it out of my leg and laying down, i cant emphasize how close i was to passing out lol. So i layed on the bed and rubbed the cotton ball around over the site and had her massage the muscle, only for a min or so though. Crazy part is we have fought for weeks over me doing this, and she said she would lose all respect for me and leave me if i did it ect.. which infuriated me, she spoke from ignorance.. but then, yesterday morning she just woke up and said if its what makes me happy... and the rest is history. As for using quads only.. yes if i could that would be great. if not, well so much for that...ill have to get used to some other spots which means more nerve issues.. but if i can go back and forth without too much trouble id be happy to say the least... i hear of scar tissue build up, but your leg is so big what are the chances of hitting the exact same spot that many times before it has a chance to heal up well

Soup is offline Associate Member
    the first time I did it, I kept sticking myself but was afraid to push the plunger. I must have stuck myself 5-7 times before doing it. I was a pin cushion, and sore the next day but I got over my fear of jabbing myself.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Klepp I am glad you metioned you have a GF, the original story had an oddly homosexual feel to it-LMAO!

So i tell him to put his hand where he needs to on my ass....and im gonna look straight ahead... and give him the thumbs up when im ready.. so he puts his hand there
    Congrats man, it does get easier-I too was needle phobic, I shook so bad my first inject I stabbed myself at least 8 times before I finally got it in for real. My quad looked like I had tried out a cheese grader on it.

lol yea he told me he felt a bit gay with his hand on my ass lol. Anyhow im at a toss up between having the GF do it, or going round 2 with it tomorrow... dont want to think about it too much and freak myself out beforehand so ill decide when the time comes tomorrow. Either way i forsee my legs not getting trained this week (leg day is wednesday).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information