ScottyShotty is offline Associate Member

workout question, but related to D-bol

Ok guys I've heard alot of different opinions on the amount of time spent in the gym.I started my first cycle of test-e and d-bol 30 mg a week ago. Today I was in the gym for about 3 hours of raw power. Now I'm assuming its from the d-bol because:
    a)test doesnt kick in for 2 to 5 weeks
    b)When I'm not on D-bol my body quits after 1 1/2 hours.

People talk about overtraining, but I'm only 26 and feel 3 hours for 3 different body parts a session is adaquate.I listen to my body, and around hr. 3 it says "quit".

I just wanted to post and ask this once to see how long peoples workout sessions are while on a cycle. Just curious how many hours per body part/per session. Thanks
    Last edited by ScottyShotty; 09-18-2005 at 10:27 AM.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Somewhere around an hour and a half, but I also only lift one body part/day, each muscle group once a week.

guildwars05 is offline Associate Member
    I do the exact same thing as muscle stack, have been for over 10 years natty and it works. I assume I will blow up more now that i am not natty. But yes, i train ONE muscle each session. or muscles that work together...EXAMPLE

triceps/ chest/back ( i train them in one session for about 1.5 hours) the only body part I really train 2 times a week is triceps because genetically mine blow up. I train bi's and tri's as well = tri's 2 times. But the rest one. Also I go upper body, then lower, and continue this pattern, I workout a mininum of 5 days, a max of 6. When I first started bb, I over trained all the time beause I was addicted to the pump, before going out i had to pump up, ALL the time. but it shredded my muscles and didnt give them adequet time to recup and grow. Now I grow nice and keep my natty gains. I should have fun on the AS. hope that helps

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    I train each muscle group once per week.My training sessions never last more than an hour.I feel into that over training trap when I was in my twenties and wondered why I never saw results.You can't expend every ounce of energy in the gym.You need energy to recover.The more energy you have towards recovery,the better your recovery and results.All the drugs in the world won't help you out if you're over training.

~Pinnacle~

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Dude...3 hours is way too much. You are going to kill your body and not see any results...plus get injured also.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    3 hours......even for being on cycle thats way too much.

after about an hour 10 mins or hour 30 mins, your cortisol levels are so high that lifting more actually begins to make your muscles not grow. AAS blocks cortisol from going into your receptors while on, but it doesnt eliminate it. WHen you get off your cycle you are going to have VERY high cortisol levels and all the muscle you gained will get eaten up, maybe you could keep a little with proper PCT

Split your workout up
    1hr -1.5hrs(max) at a time

just lift twice a day

Darkness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Khadafi
    just lift twice a day
    Thats what Arnold did.

ok, so the real reason why you "overtrain" in one session, is because the cortisol levels rise and even if you switch to another body part, its counterproductive?
    Thanks son of K-that gives me a better understanding. Twice a day it is!

And another reason why I thought I was doing good is because all the big guys I know in the gym say they lift for almost 2 1/2 to 3 hours

Darkness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyShotty
    And another reason why I thought I was doing good is because all the big guys I know in the gym say they lift for almost 2 1/2 to 3 hours
    Thats a lie, no experienced lifter's workout is ever longer than 1 hour 1.5 hours tops!

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyShotty
    normally I'll walk on the treadmil for about 30-45 min. prior to begining my weight workout. I'll droink a protein/carb shake while I'm waling. Usually I'll finish it with about 20 min to go. I use the time to focus my workouts. It's more like a mental vision of my workout. What I'll do, even visualizing myself executing it, and when I head to the weights, buddyboy, it's on. I only lift for about an hour and a half. 2 body parts a day, 4-5 days lifting.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    1.5 hours max for me. 5 days a week. If yours sets are heavy and strict, you will not last 3 hours straight many days a week.

Sherlock Holmes is offline New Member
    I never 'listen to my body'. If I did that I'd never go to the gym.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Dont due 3 hours bro. I can guarantee that long is counterproductive. Like to stay around 60 min myself.

Thread Information