oldman is offline Anabolic Member

Deca - Itching and Rash

I have taken Deca before for a short time for really bad joint paid and it worked great.

I started a new cycle 2 weeks ago using 2CC of 200mg/ml and I have a horrible rash, hot spot and lump in the areas where I injected. I was told it is a reaction to the alcohol in the bottle and to cook and vent it but today I am due for my 3rd shot and am am afraid to do it because of the symptoms I got on the others.

I have read that rash and itching is not uncommon but any of your Bro's have any thoughts on this crap?

>> I am not stacking with anything else <<

thanks

Oldman
    Last edited by oldman; 09-11-2005 at 10:51 PM.

johnm is offline Junior Member
    Had a similar experience on my 2nd shot. I did not have alcohol at the time, so I used anit-bacterial soap to cleanse the area. Later that night I had a feverish hot spot on the injection site and it iched like hell for about 4-5 days. My doctor told me that it was more than likely an allergic reaction to the soap or towel I used. Used Alcohol on 3rd shot and did very well. Your always going to be a little sore but it should never feel hot and itchy.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i have never had a problem with deca ... that is intersting though.. hot spot and lump doesn't sound good though... r u sure your gear is legit?

I am pretty sure it is good gear I got from a very reliable source. I have pretty bad allergies from stuff like grass, pollen and dust so I think maybe my body did not like something.

The person I got it from said sometimes there is a high amount of alcohol in aas when processed and sometimes the extra can cause this reaction. He told me to vent the bottle with a syringe needle and cook it in the oven on low for a while to burn off an extra alcohol. I did this after the second shot (did this a few days ago) so today I did a 200mg shot instead of 400 so I will post if I have any odd reaction to it.

If it gets worse I guess to the doctor I will go.

Thanks

Oldman

The swelling and most of the itch from the first two weeks of shots have gone away but I did another one on Sunday in my Quad and damn that thing swelled up the size of my fist. It does not itch but it sure it sore. I have to go to the doctor today so I guess I will ask him while I am there.. Maybe he will feel sorry for me and hook me up with something cleaner.

<<-- me at the doctor today.. haha

Oldman

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    The swelling and most of the itch from the first two weeks of shots have gone away but I did another one on Sunday in my Quad and damn that thing swelled up the size of my fist. It does not itch but it sure it sore. I have to go to the doctor today so I guess I will ask him while I am there.. Maybe he will feel sorry for me and hook me up with something cleaner.

<<-- me at the doctor today.. haha

Oldman
    It could very well be the oil the gear was made with.Some guys use sesame oil,grapeseed oil ect.You have any allergies to nuts?

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    It could very well be the oil the gear was made with.Some guys use sesame oil,grapeseed oil ect.You have any allergies to nuts?

~Pinnacle~

No "nut" allergies that I know of but I do have very bad allergies to pollen, tree and grass so I am probably to some degree allergic to it. I do not know what oil they use and I am not sure I am allowed to say what brand it is here.

Thanks

Oldman

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    You can get alcohol wipes at any local pharmacy OTC. Look around where they have the latex gloves.

How long are the needles you are using? Deca requires a fairly deep muscle injection, although I assume the needles are at least 1".

I have never experienced any of the sides you've mentioned. What type of gear is it? I've read that there has been some trouble with the QV brand and if that's what you're taking, I'd reccomend posting some pics or checking around to confirm that it is legit.

I am using Alcohol wipes to wipe off the bottle and my skin before injecting it. My wife washes her hands with anti-bacterial soap. the syringes are 23g 3/4" Of course now that you mention it she did not stick the needle all the way in this last time I did see that but did not think about it.. Maybe a 1" or longer stick would be better?

Now here is the image http://forums.steroid.com/attachment...chmentid=48016 I took this as being good based off it being in that section of this site.. I could be way off which I will be pissed at the $$ I wasted if so..

Honestly I have such bad joint pain and after the 2nd dose the pain is getting better everyday so???

I went to the doctors today to have him look and he too thought it was an allergic reaction to the shot but nothing that bothered him.. Of course I could not beg a prescription out of him either.. hahaha.

I need better hookups.

Thanks

Oldman

First off,I run 100 mgs Deca weekly year round,and I have NO issues with joint pain at this dose.Many other retired BBers I know run the same dose year round.Just wanted to tell you that.No need for a higher dose to help with joint pain.
    Secondly,it could be the fact you're not injecting deep enough into the muscle tissue.when injecting in the glute,you need a 1" pin if you are lean.A 1.5 " pin if you're a fat ass.
    It could very well be the gear is dirty.That's a strong possibilty.
    I'm having a similar problem with any type of Testosterone right now.I get swelling,redness,and a fever at times.Deca and all other drugs don't do this to me.I'm puzzled at why Test is doing this to me.

~Pinnacle~

big_C is offline Member

~Pinnacle~
    Holy crap...i think you answered a question of mine I've had for 10 years now...I never posted the question because it's really not a big deal to me, but with some gear from certain UGL's, or even gear from BD or other reputable labs, I get a small red area around the injection site, itching and sometimes warmth. It alway's goes away after a day or so, and it doesn't happen often, but it does once in a while. I alway's thought it was a small infection or something, even though I practice really good injection habits, ie...clean inj site w/alc, double pin, ect.. but I'm allergic to tree nuts, I've been doing this for 10 or 11 years and never thought of that!!

First off,I run 100 mgs Deca weekly year round,and I have NO issues with joint pain at this dose.Many other retired BBers I know run the same dose year round.Just wanted to tell you that.No need for a higher dose to help with joint pain.
    Secondly,it could be the fact you're not injecting deep enough into the muscle tissue.when injecting in the glute,you need a 1" pin if you are lean.A 1.5 " pin if you're a fat ass.
    It could very well be the gear is dirty.That's a strong possibility.
    I'm having a similar problem with any type of Testosterone right now.I get swelling,redness,and a fever at times.Deca and all other drugs don't do this to me.I'm puzzled at why Test is doing this to me.

~Pinnacle~
    So you think I should try a deeper injection and a smaller dose. This gear is 200mg/ml so I should try 1/2cc a week? What gauge and length syringe should I try? You can see I am not fat so getting deep in the muscle is not a problem

I appreciate everyones input this is new to me..

Another question at 100-200mg/week should I worry about test levels?

thanks

Oldman

So you think I should try a deeper injection and a smaller dose. This gear is 200mg/ml so I should try 1/2cc a week? What gauge and length syringe should I try? You can see I am not fat so getting deep in the muscle is not a problem

I appreciate everyones input this is new to me..

Another question at 100-200mg/week should I worry about test levels?

thanks

Oldman
    A 1/2 cc or 100mgs will be perfect.When I'm not on cycle,I run 250 mg Test weekly,100 mg Deca weekly,and HGH in the mix as well.

I'm not sure what you're getting at when asking about Test levels.Elaborate a little more if you would.

And for the needle,a 1" would be suitable since you're on the lean side.Just make sure you get deep in the muscle.

~Pinnacle~

A 1/2 cc or 100mgs will be perfect.When I'm not on cycle,I run 250 mg Test weekly,100 mg Deca weekly,and HGH in the mix as well.

I'm not sure what you're getting at when asking about Test levels.Elaborate a little more if you would.

And for the needle,a 1" would be suitable since you're on the lean side.Just make sure you get deep in the muscle.

~Pinnacle~

Sorry I should have finished my thought.. I have read that Deca can lower your natural test production. I am pushing 40 yrs old.. I was wondering if that low of a dose would make any dent in natural test production? I heard that it takes much higher doses to really cause a big drop but I am not a kid anymore either.

I will make sure I get 1" needles and go all the way in.. if it happens again I will see about getting some new gear.. it could be a bad batch or I am just allergic to the kind of oil they used.. i will try a different brand.

I really appreciate the help I am glad I posted i have learned a lot so far just lurking around.

>> EDIT <<
    Can I ask this also.. is there a benefit to going higher on Deca lets say 400mgs or will that cause other issues.
    >> End EDIT <<
    Oldman
    Last edited by oldman; 09-13-2005 at 08:52 PM.

Sorry I should have finished my thought.. I have read that Deca can lower your natural test production. I am pushing 40 yrs old.. I was wondering if that low of a dose would make any dent in natural test production? I heard that it takes much higher doses to really cause a big drop but I am not a kid anymore either.

I will make sure I get 1" needles and go all the way in.. if it happens again I will see about getting some new gear.. it could be a bad batch or I am just allergic to the kind of oil they used.. i will try a different brand.

I really appreciate the help I am glad I posted i have learned a lot so far just lurking around.

Oldman
    Deca does shut down your own natural test production.That's why it's advisable to run Test with Deca,so you don't run into any sexual disfunctions.You see the dose of Test I run with 100 mgs right?You could lower that to 150 mgs weekly and be golden.But you will need some Test with the deca you run.
    And I'm 37,so you aren't that much older than me.

~Pinnacle~

Deca does shut down your own natural test production.That's why it's advisable to run Test with Deca,so you don't run into any sexual disfunctions.You see the dose of Test I run with 100 mgs right?You could lower that to 150 mgs weekly and be golden.But you will need some Test with the deca you run.
    And I'm 37,so you aren't that much older than me.

~Pinnacle~

gotcha.. I went and had a complete physical today..I tried to tell him I was not 40 YET but he gave me the rubber glove anyway..

I had him do a free and total test levels so I could get a good baseline of where I am now. I thought that would be a good idea.

Oh and by the way I was reading this post here and it says you are like 50 hahaha..

Anyway great advise now I need to see where I can get my hands on some good stuff it is tough around were I am.

Thanks again

Oldman

Oh and by the way I was reading this post here and it says you are like 50 hahaha..
    Yeah...that bald headed prick is a friend of mine.He sometimes doesn't know where to draw the line.But it's all good.

Good luck on your quest.And hang around and learn some more things.Tons of info buried in the archives here.Knowledge is power!!

~Pinnacle~

die2live is offline New Member
    Oldman - I though you were an "ole pro" hehehe. even i know to use the 1 1/2 " **** for this gear. Aspirate and jam the thing to within a 1/4" of the flange. But the point about allergic reactions got me thinking, I've always wondered why nobody publicly states their oil base composition, i.e. sesame, cottonseed, etc. Since some people have nasty sesame related allergies that is something I would think most people would like to know up front. Just a thought...

Well this week went better. I got a 22g 1-1/2" and stuck it in my delt about 3/4 of the way in. No itching so far but damn my arm is sore. I worked shoulders this morning and it feels a little better but I could barely move at first.

I guess I was not going deep enough and some of it was getting SQ and causing an allergic reaction.

thanks

Oldman

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member

~Pinnacle~
    IMO this could be your problem..
    dv

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    IMO this could be your problem..
    dv

yup that is what I was thinking also but I had to try it again deeper into the muscle to see before I dumped this 20ml bottle.

Now when I took the shot yesterday I also took 100mg of benedryl too hoping that if it was an allergic reaction that it might help some so???

Oldman

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    what kind of gear , who makes it, is it UGL.?

Hellfire labs Deca

Thread Information