takincareofbusiness is offline Associate Member

How long before a "Newbie" should get on Gear?

How much 'natural' training do you guys think is enough before starting a regiment? Is six months enough? And would starting with only HGH early be safer ?
    Last edited by takincareofbusiness; 09-17-2005 at 05:54 PM.

rager is offline Member
    lol a lot of response ha?

six months???? I hope your not serious. when i was 16 i had more then six months of training.

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    regardless of age, you really should put at least 1-2 years of solid hard training and dieting in...i know the temptation is there but gear alone will not get you big and to have real and lasting results you really must exhaust your natural potential first....

I assume you gear up before starting a cycle? Or do you just follow you same old routine in the gym and add gear? I didn't mean six months total in your lifetime. But don't you set your self up for a while before you lay it on?

And would the HGH be an option in the begining?

Quote Originally Posted by takincareofbusiness
    I assume you gear up before starting a cycle? Or do you just follow you same old routine in the gym and add gear? I didn't mean six months total in your lifetime. But don't you set your self up for a while before you lay it on?
    i think we are mixing terms here..."gear" and "cycle" are used commonly here to mean steroid use ....time in gym and dieting is recommended to be 1-2 years straight through (ex: Sept. 05-Sept 07) BEFORE touching anything other than creatine and protien, etc....and no, i do not feel HGH would be a good start for a lot of reasons...do us a fav, post your stats, goals, age, current consecutive time in gym, etc....then read and be patient..

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    6 months???? I am going on 6 years and I still dont think I have maxed out my potential to get big naturally yet. Yea its a bitch and its tough watching other guys blow up when they cycle but i know that building an amazing natural core will be worth it...give it at least 3 years of everything youve got...then consider your options

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Gear is not a good idea after only 6 months, no. You should get as big as you can NATURALLY before even thinking about how much "time" you have to put in.

HGH is totally out of the question, don't even go there.

~SC~

Ok, I'm 29 years old and have been in the gym consecutive for a year and a half. Before that I would train on and off all my life. I'm 6'2" and 265 lbs. I know I've got great genes and am looking to get to that next level. Over the last year and a half I've managed to get noticibly stronger and I've lost a little weight too. But I don't look as good as I'd like. I've always been big but I want to be HUGE!
    In any event, all I've been waiting for is something to give me the confidence to take the plung into to world of "Juice".
    I mean before this site I thought I'd either have to wait to bump into someone at the gym for guidance or take advice from a TJ pharmasist! (which is why I haven't done anything yet)
    Guess I've just been scared. So no problem, I can just continue going to the gym as usuall and wait and see what happens.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Gear is not a good idea after only 6 months, no. You should get as big as you can NATURALLY before even thinking about how much "time" you have to put in.
    Good advice.
    Ok, I'm 29 years old and have been in the gym consecutive for a year and a half. Before that I would train on and off all my life. I'm 6'2" and 265 lbs.
    What is your bodyfat like?

ok then...read up around here man...the stickys are a great place to start...design a cycle for your self, post it and get some feedback and enjoy...

My BF is around 16%. So I don't know if I should start with a cutting cycle or bulk up some more? I changed my routines so many times that at this point I think I can go either way. When I focus more on cardio I melt away preety good but then I don't want to lose much size so I drop cardio for a while. I've been on and off creatine and take whey ocasionally. But never anything stronger. A year ago I had my blood levels checked for life insurance and they said they could tell I have been working out really hard.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    My BF is around 16%.
    If that's true, then I'm impressed.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    If that's true, then I'm impressed.
    Me too. Thats really good genetics there.

I would plan a cutting diet and see what you can do naturally before using gear. Get really educated with foods and proper dieting techniques, and learn how your body responds to them. Cause without a proper diet, Gear will not do much 4 you. Try and get the most out of your gear by eating right.

IMO for a guy your size with your minimum experience in the gym its possible to start some kind of cycle, but deffinatly not HGH bro thats jumping all the way to the end, way to deep for a beginner.

Start with a bulking compound with some kind of oral.

Personaly ide do Test E and either Anavar or Turanibol along with it. Although some dont advise and say to always include and injectable test in every cycle, Its possible to use just one of those orals in your case then for a 2nd cycle use a Test.

Peace
    ~dv~

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Ok, I'm 29 years old and have been in the gym consecutive for a year and a half. Before that I would train on and off all my life. I'm 6'2" and 265 lbs. I know I've got great genes and am looking to get to that next level. Over the last year and a half I've managed to get noticibly stronger and I've lost a little weight too. But I don't look as good as I'd like. I've always been big but I want to be HUGE!
    In any event, all I've been waiting for is something to give me the confidence to take the plung into to world of "Juice".
    I mean before this site I thought I'd either have to wait to bump into someone at the gym for guidance or take advice from a TJ pharmasist! (which is why I haven't done anything yet)
    Guess I've just been scared. So no problem, I can just continue going to the gym as usuall and wait and see what happens.
    Now that's what you should have began the thread with...stats...stats...stats. Now we can offer some advice. Apparently you've put in good gym time and gotten results (how good we still don't know because you failed to provide start weight or a bf), and your age is indicative of gear assistance. The last real issues and the one that helps us answer your prevailing question of "is gear right for you now", is how often the do you train and what's your diet like?

M.

Currently I'm in the gym Mon. & Tue. mornings and Thurs. & Sat. afternoons. My off days are Wend. & Sun. Mondays are light and Tue. and Sat. is heavy. In the past I would run every day even on off days; I haven't been focusing on cardio lately.
    My diet is consistent. I eat everything from Pizza to chineese food and steamed vegetables to any kind of fish. I'm not a fan of small meals. When I sit down to eat I like to take care of businees. I've always thought of changing my eating habits to one of those rutines where you eat a lot of small meals throughout the day but I run a car dealership and basically eat when I have time. At night when I get home I usually have my last meal around 10:00 or 11:00 PM.
    I know diet is important and it wouldn't be that hard to change the way I eat. It's just that I'm not convinced diet is what's holding me back.
    Any suggestions?

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    . It's just that I'm not convinced diet is what's holding me back. Any suggestions?
    If you're being help back or you feel you are, I can tell you that your diet is your problem. Small meals are like time-releasing the food you eat. There's no way in hell you will be able to grow to your mazimum potental if your diet is loose. I mean loose as in the types of food you eat, like chinese food and pizza, and also how often you eat your meals, and how many meals you eat. Ask anyone on this forum how often they eat or how many meals they eat each day and I think it's safe to say at least 5 times daily. Myself I eat 7 times, but I have an active job so I need to compensate. Check out the diet forum bro. Diet is key. I'll leave you with this...If you're not eating properly then you're not giving your body the what it needs to fuel the fire. You workout to create a fire, you eat, and eat consistently to keep that fire going.

"You workout to create a fire, you eat, and eat consistently to keep that fire going."

Nice. I appreciate that advice.

Can I ask you a question? Are all your 7 meals preety much the same; and what do they consist of?

Or I guess I can take this to the Diet Forum...

But what about the HGH?
    Everyone seemed to avoid the subject. Like they're trying to scare me away from it. So far I haven't heard one negative side effect from it in all the threads it's been brought up in. (unlike all the other stuff you guys are taking) ????
    Why are you guys so scared of it? I have this place in Florida called Health Rejuvination Center dying to get me on it. What's the deal?

were not afraid of HGH...btw, that clinic is dying to get you on it prob to get you $$$$$...and btw, virtually everything has side effects...

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    first off read everything here, you will see how you have to eat

http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutrition/

HGH is not really recommended for anybody new to this game. You need to be the AAS game for a while before taking HGH. HGH wont add much mass unless you take AAS with it

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCard
    were not afraid of HGH...btw, that clinic is dying to get you on it prob to get you $$$$$...and btw, virtually everything has side effects...

exactly, HGH is expensive enough as it is and its about 5 times more through clinics like that. It also takes months to see results from HGH and that can set you back a lot of money!!!

Have you had any experience with it SoulCard?

So are you saying you deal with the other stuff because it's more economical? But what about how delicate the combinations are? Wouldn't it be less risky or damaging to deal with something less complicated or dangerous?
    I'm no expert but all I've gotten these last few days from this forum is that you've better be certain whichever coctail you go with is right for you. 'Cause the effects can really f^ck you up.
    Can anybody list some side effects to HGH? ( except the ones to your wallet)

HGH?...nope...too advanced for me ...as stated it should be runn with somethin else and takes 5-6 months to start to see results...

Or let me ask you this; If it all cost the same which would you do?

for more info on HGH, you could try the search button...that is what i usually do when I have a question on a specific topic...

PROP...cuz i love it!!

Or let me ask you this; If it all cost the same which would you do?

I'll take AAS over HGH

Can anybody list some side effects to HGH? ( except the ones to your wallet)
    While HGH for the most part is well tolerated, there are some side effects that can occur. The biggest and most common side effect is bloating and joint pain. If you are younger than your late 20’s, it would be very wise to enter an HGH cycle under the guidance of an MD, who can monitor and confirm whether your growth plates have fused. While abnormal bone growth with HGH use is not common, if used at the wrong point in your body’s development, it could cause disproportionate growth.

If you have a history of cancer or other tumors (at any age), it would be wise to get a complete checkup and be monitored by an MD to make sure that there are no active tumors before your HGH cycle. While HGH (and IGF-1) won’t cause cancer or tumors, they can create an environment that can allow already existing, active tumors to grow at an accelerated rate.

Higher doses of HGH 10+ IU/day may also cause growth of internal organs as well. Ex. Look at Ronnie Coleman's gut.

Thanks guys.

goose is offline Banned
    If you really wanted to use HGH,you could at a safe dose,however,as one dude stated its for the more advanced.If you took 3iu each day,for six months,would be safe but not worth the money for a newbie.by itself it is not a mass builder,you would see your BF% go down. When using HGH the body also needs more thyroid hormones,insulin , corticosteroids, gonadotropins, estrogens and what a surprise androgens and anabolics. This is also the reason why HGH, when taken alone, is considerably less effective and can only reach its optimum effect by the additive intake of steroids , thyorid hormones, and insulin, in particular.when you consider these factors,your better of ,starting with hardcore suplements and great diet for another 6 months

Ok, I'll look into that.

big&tall is offline Associate Member
    work out long and hard before you think of gear

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    "You workout to create a fire, you eat, and eat consistently to keep that fire going."

Nice. I appreciate that advice.

Can I ask you a question? Are all your 7 meals preety much the same; and what do they consist of?
    I'll give you what a typical day would do for me...

-40g. protein shake, 6tbsp. semolina (cream of wheat), 1 slice whole wheat toast
    -8egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 6tbsp semolina
    work out
    -40g. protein shake, 1c carb powder, 1 c. oats, 2tbsp natural peanut butter
    -6oz chicken, 8oz yam
    -6oz ground turkey, 1.5c brown rice, 1/2c pinto beans
    -6oz steak, 2c broccoli
    -1c. nf low carb milk, 20g casein protein, 20g. whey, 2sc. designer whey with glycerline.

my diet dosen't change much form day to day. I might cheat a bit on the weekends. I haven't actually followed a structured diet for about 2 months because of some medical issues. as such I put on a bit of weight but expect to be back around 7% bf in the next 6-8 weeks.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    years buddy, it takes years

No problem.

Thread Information