Thread: Hair loss?

302help is offline Junior Member

Hair loss?

How soon does the hairloss start if you are prone to mpb. Is it right away or just when you start felling the juice kick in. I will be on test E and EQ. I do have Finstride and am going to get the shampoo but I still think I will get some hairloss.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    also throw in some topical spironolactone...it fights dht at the scalp...that with everything else you mentioned, i don't really see you losing much hair, at least not with the cycle you mentioned...i know everyone's different, but i use all three, and i'm prone to mpb too, but i've seemed to halt it with year-round usage of propecia/nioxin/nizoral/spironolactone...JMO

AM

Needle_Newb is offline Junior Member
    Finasteride will hamper your gains by a lot. DHT is a very powerfull androgen. Any androgen can cause hair loss though. Maybe you should deal with hair loss and grow a goatee ... the true dark side look.

[QUOTE=Needle_Newb]Finasteride will hamper your gains by a lot. QUOTE]

what are you basing this on?

The prevention of testosterone to convert into DHT will hamper gains. DHT is more androgenic than testosterone. You loose out on the DHT gains. It's all explained in Anabolics 2005.

dude, that book ain't the Bible you know...in terms of realized gains, i can tell you from EXPERIENCE, something that book will never clue anyone in to, using Propecia is NOT going to make any difference. even if there was a slight, and i do mean slight, difference, is the alternative more appealing? damn, yeah, i'm sure that book has lots of really neat info in it, but there's no substitute for human experimentation. it's like the old discussion on nolva hindering gains, yes, it's proven that using nolva lowers igf-1, and technically, that should mean that your gains might not be optimal, but realistically, will you notice that much difference? probably not...i use propecia, and i'm gaining like a mofo, just like many other bros i know...concentrate more on diet and training, and be happy that you'll still have a full head of hair...

Well, I am not predisposed to hair loss myself but some of my friends are, they swear finasteride hurt their gains and they just decided to deal with it. Of course my sport is strongman, androgens are very important, any androgen can cause hair loss, not just DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Needle_Newb
    Well, I am not predisposed to hair loss myself but some of my friends are, they swear finasteride hurt their gains and they just decided to deal with it. Of course my sport is strongman, androgens are very important, any androgen can cause hair loss, not just DHT.
    well, you guys aren't probably that concerned with a bald head, hell, it's probably preferred in that arena, eh?

i wouldnt suspect that, in terms of bodybuilding, at least non-comp, that you're really going to notice much difference...JMO

AM

Bald heads and Goatee's baby !

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Finastride may hinder strength gains slightly due to less circulating DHT. DHT's effect on the CNS is the main reason. I've been on finastride for years and I'm pretty strong. I don't care about strength anymore but how I look anyway. For example, no more bench press for me, it's stupid. All dumbells.

Just take ephedrine or some caffeine before training to stimulate your CNS.

Why is the bench press stupid ? It's a great mass and strength exercise. If you say so because you frequently injure yourself, it's because 99% of bodybuilders bench press with horrible technique. Watch a powerlifter bench press.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Needle_Newb
    Why is the bench press stupid ? It's a great mass and strength exercise. If you say so because you frequently injure yourself, it's because 99% of bodybuilders bench press with horrible technique. Watch a powerlifter bench press.
    Well, I'm sorry, not stupid. Just not good for BB's is what I mean. It's a great power move and initial mass builder, you're right. I'm in love with the bench press, don't get me wrong. It's fun throwing up 3-4 wheels per side and everybody looks over at you. But my lower/mid chest got way over built and I was out of symmetry. Now I do all upper chest with dumbells and the press once in awhile to even things out. You just get way more range of motion with dumbells to stimulate more muscle fiber. Look at how the barbell hits you in the chest and the movement is complete. With dumbells you can increase your range of motion past that point for better overall development.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Well, I'm sorry, not stupid. Just not good for BB's is what I mean. It's a great power move and initial mass builder, you're right. I'm in love with the bench press, don't get me wrong. It's fun throwing up 3-4 wheels per side and everybody looks over at you. But my lower/mid chest got way over built and I was out of symmetry. Now I do all upper chest with dumbells and the press once in awhile to even things out. You just get way more range of motion with dumbells to stimulate more muscle fiber. Look at how the barbell hits you in the chest and the movement is complete. With dumbells you can increase your range of motion past that point for better overall development.
    IMO, you're both right, as i incorporate both into my routines for different reasons...btw, wrong forum i think j/k, nobody get mad

AM

bark! is offline New Member
    finasteride hurt my strength slightly. also the ejaculate volume decrease is disconcerting. i only use it on a cycle with test.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    I'm taking 1mg of Liquid Finasteride a day which is one squirt. I don't feel any different while being on then being off. In fact I feel stronger so I have to agree with Alpha. Now if you're taking 5mg a day while on a cycle it might start to hinder gains. IMO with 1mg of finasteride along with 500mg of TEST you shouldn't have any worries.

Thread Information