powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

please give advice, possible customs problem

First, I will say I know this source is 100% legit and they must have shipped it. I have ordered loads before from them and this particular order was divided into 2 parts and I already have 1 part. The other part hasn't come and I am beginning to think Uncle Sam has it.

I am thinking any day now I should get a confiscation letter probably from the department of justice. What should I do? What else could happen besides notice of confiscation? I put myself on high alert for controlled delivery, but I dont really think that would happen...

I am going to wait a few more days to see if it comes or if a letter comes. If nothing I will contact my source and inquire. Anything to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Not sure what anyone is going to be able to do help wise. All that people can offer is speculation on what happened, but how that will help you I have no idea.

~SC~

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    First, I will say I know this source is 100% legit and they must have shipped it. I have ordered loads before from them and this particular order was divided into 2 parts and I already have 1 part. The other part hasn't come and I am beginning to think Uncle Sam has it.

I am thinking any day now I should get a confiscation letter probably from the department of justice. What should I do? What else could happen besides notice of confiscation? I put myself on high alert for controlled delivery, but I dont really think that would happen...

I am going to wait a few more days to see if it comes or if a letter comes. If nothing I will contact my source and inquire. Anything to help me out would be greatly appreciated.
    If you get a notice.Throw it away and move on.They aren't coming to your house.I recieved one once,and filed it in the garbage can,took my lumps,and moved on.Unless your source guarantees delivery,the paper will serve no use to you.

~Pinnacle~

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Thanks for the responses. I guess SwoleCat is right, not much advice can be given. Pinnacle (or anybody who knows), I read that if you get a notice your address is flagged in some computer system and any future packages to that address are inspected. Is this true? So, if you get a notice should you change the shipping address?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I most certainly would, yes!!

~SC~

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Thanks for the responses. I guess SwoleCat is right, not much advice can be given. Pinnacle (or anybody who knows), I read that if you get a notice your address is flagged in some computer system and any future packages to that address are inspected. Is this true? So, if you get a notice should you change the shipping address?
    Not true.They don't have the time to red flag and run a computer check on every addy that gets a flag.That wouldn't be feasable by any means.My mail flowed perfectly after my notice.Packs kept rolling in.

~Pinnacle~

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Not true.They don't have the time to red flag and run a computer check on every addy that gets a flag.That wouldn't be feasable by any means.My mail flowed perfectly after my notice.Packs kept rolling in.

~Pinnacle~
    I used to think that too, but back in January I had my first customs letter. I had my supplier reship the package and 2 weeks later another notice. Reship again, 2 weeks more and a third letter. It couldnt have just been a coincidence that they snagged 3 in a row. I had been ordering from this source for 2 years and never had a package caught, so it really couldnt have been bad packaging. I switched to a PO box and havent had any trouble since.

Thread Information