Thread: THC & Estrogen

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member

Weed & Estrogen

I realize the discussion of rec drugs here is a nono, but i dont want this to be another pointless thread about vapourizers and bongs.....i just want to know if it is proven that smoking pot converts test to estrogen, im having a hard time getting a straight answer, whereas it seems its a known fact that alcohol does indeed convert.....
    Last edited by Dalton5; 09-19-2005 at 07:49 PM.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    I'm not a fan of rec drugs, but I must confess that I have never seen this proven.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    proven or not u can't post about it... the rules r there 4 a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    Alrighty then, I wouldn't want to offend you, is this more to your pleasing?

Does anyone know if the chemical compound tetrahydracannibinol can convert testosterone to estrogen?

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    u ain't offending me bro... i have no problem with people using weed... i have smoked it alot myself back in the day... but there is a reason all the threads about rec drugs get locked by mods... u don't have to agree with the rules to abide by them..

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton5
    Alrighty then, I wouldn't want to offend you, is this more to your pleasing?

Does anyone know if the chemical compound tetrahydracannibinol can convert testosterone to estrogen?
    Well Dalton, since you put it that way. I have seen some bias studies showing that THC produces estrogen, and i've seen some studies show that it doesn't. IMO it doesn't (atleast in moderation), but who the fvck am i right.

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Well Dalton, since you put it that way. I have seen some bias studies showing that THC produces estrogen, and i've seen some studies show that it doesn't. IMO it doesn't (atleast in moderation), but who the fvck am i right.
    Thank you 305GUY.....of course, this is for research purposes.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    this is ok as long as no one starts trumpeting the use of rec drugs... heres a thread i have going on it :

Marijuana : How it affects building muscle

leave it to the mods to police the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy
    this is ok as long as no one starts trumpeting the use of rec drugs... heres a thread i have going on it :

Marijuana : How it affects building muscle

leave it to the mods to police the threads.
    Awesome link Dboy.....just what I was looking for.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton5
    I realize the discussion of rec drugs here is a nono, but i dont want this to be another pointless thread about vapourizers and bongs.....i just want to know if it is proven that smoking pot converts test to estrogen, im having a hard time getting a straight answer, whereas it seems its a known fact that alcohol does indeed convert.....
    test converts to estrogen regardless bro. it metabolizes to estrogen by means of the aromatase enzyme found in the liver.

you know the rules though......no rec drug talk. not even a question like this to try and bend the rules. use common sense. marijuana is horrible for the human body in the first place. if you want to use it, thats your choice. just don't come on here trying to seek answers about it.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Are we all forgetting that estrogen can be responsible for some gains on a cycle? Take proper ancilliaries such as Nolva at 10 or 20 ED and you'll be fine... estrogen only matters if you're storing lots of fat in your legs/ass or in your breast tissue.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    test converts to estrogen regardless bro. it metabolizes to estrogen by means of the aromatase enzyme found in the liver.

you know the rules though......no rec drug talk. not even a question like this to try and bend the rules. use common sense. marijuana is horrible for the human body in the first place. if you want to use it, thats your choice. just don't come on here trying to seek answers about it.
    I think that the link to the thread given above if read carefully illustrates that this particular subject can be one thats scientifically based with findings that may be of particular importance to bodybuilders, esp. since I'm sure a large % on this site occasionallly have a puff. Im not trying to glorify rec drugs here, simply just trying to sort through the crap and propaganda to get an unbiased opinion......even Swole himself has put in his two cents on this very "real" issue and although he runs an extremely tight ship here his response was both educating and enlightening unliike your narrow minded post. I realize I am at risk for having a thread like this locked down......but leave it for the mods brah.

Maximus G is offline Junior Member
    when smoking pot your body produces less test thats proven but someone that is smoking pot or using other drugs shouldnt even be using steroids IMO .

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus G
    when smoking pot your body produces less test thats proven
    Do you have any references or is it "proven" because someone told you and you believed it?

big_C is offline Member
    Surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet, so i'll put in my two cents before it does...the chemical compound tetrahydracannibinol found in the buds of the female cannibis sativa have been proven to inhibit test production in the testes, lowering it temperaraly. However prolong use...ie everyday will keep inhibiting the testes and cause a low free test level in the blood. It does not actually convert test to estrogen. Some recent studies suggest that prolong use produces more sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) which binds to free testosterone , rendering it biologically inactive.

Toxicology. 2005 Jan 31;206(3):471-8.

Marijuana extracts possess the effects like the endocrine disrupting chemicals.

Watanabe K, Motoya E, Matsuzawa N, Funahashi T, Kimura T, Matsunaga T, Arizono K, Yamamoto I.

Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Ho-3 Kanagawa-machi, Kanazawa 920-1181, Japan. [email protected]

The progesterone 17alpha-hydroxylase activity, which is one of the steroidogenic enzymes in rat testis microsomes, was significantly inhibited by crude marijuana extracts from Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)- and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA)-strains. Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol also inhibited the enzymatic activity with relatively higher concentration (100-1000 microM). Testosterone 6beta- and 16alpha-hydroxylase activities together with androstenedione formation from testosterone in rat liver microsomes were also significantly inhibited by the crude marijuana extracts and the cannabinoids. Crude marijuana extracts (1 and 10 microg/ml) of THCA strain stimulated the proliferation of MCF-7 cells, although the purified cannabinoids (THC, CBD and CBN) did not show significant effects, such as the extract at the concentration of 0.01-1000 nM. These results indicate that there are some metabolic interactions between cannabinoid and steroid metabolism and that the constituents showing estrogen-like activity exist in marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Toxicology. 2005 Jan 31;206(3):471-8.

Marijuana extracts possess the effects like the endocrine disrupting chemicals.

Watanabe K, Motoya E, Matsuzawa N, Funahashi T, Kimura T, Matsunaga T, Arizono K, Yamamoto I.

Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Ho-3 Kanagawa-machi, Kanazawa 920-1181, Japan. [email protected]

The progesterone 17alpha-hydroxylase activity, which is one of the steroidogenic enzymes in rat testis microsomes, was significantly inhibited by crude marijuana extracts from Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)- and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA)-strains. Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol also inhibited the enzymatic activity with relatively higher concentration (100-1000 microM). Testosterone 6beta- and 16alpha-hydroxylase activities together with androstenedione formation from testosterone in rat liver microsomes were also significantly inhibited by the crude marijuana extracts and the cannabinoids. Crude marijuana extracts (1 and 10 microg/ml) of THCA strain stimulated the proliferation of MCF-7 cells, although the purified cannabinoids (THC, CBD and CBN) did not show significant effects, such as the extract at the concentration of 0.01-1000 nM. These results indicate that there are some metabolic interactions between cannabinoid and steroid metabolism and that the constituents showing estrogen-like activity exist in marijuana.
    haha thanks hooker!

Thread Information