boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member

Steroids and Cancer?

Is it true that steroids can give you cancer? I believe that I read this somewhere on here or somewhere else.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    They wont cause cancer but they can speed the growth of existing dormant cancer cells.

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    got ya.

Schwarz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    They wont cause cancer but they can speed the growth of existing dormant cancer cells.
    Interesting. Is there a scientific study that's proved this?

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    i thought that hgh can speed the growth of existing cancer cells

Schwarz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hosam4ever
    i thought that hgh can speed the growth of existing cancer cells

That's what I thought too.

fhorst is offline Associate Member
    both can. But it also depends on the type of cancer, and stage. oxandrolone is also used to recover from chemo.

ONLY HGH spreads cancer. Most AAS have nothing to do with it, except for high doses of the stronger 17aa's like halo and anadrol and cheque drops , which can in cases of abuse cause liver cancer

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer

Absolutely true gentlemen. Do any research you want in to the matter and no matter where the scientist falls on TRT they all agree that taking supraphysiologiacal levels of Test will cause the rapid growth of any cancerous prostate tumor. As to other cancers I have never heard of any link, that is why even though I am young (31) I stll get my psa's checked before a cycle.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Again I say before someone tries to unintelligently flame me, this is documented in only prostate tumors so far.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah in prostate cancers the medicine used is some sort of drug that stops androgen (for example test) production... sou can assume that test has a direct action on prostate cancers.. Then I've read about oral steroids causing liver cancers (or some sorta tumors, cant remember) but they seemed to (according to that stud/read) reverse this process after the continuation of use.. To me the biggest medical issue with steroid is the cardiovascular system..

needle is offline Senior Member
    EVERYTHING can give u cancer!

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Apart from HGH, certain AAS are known for raising IGF levels. This will certainly help the growth of any existing cancerous cells in the body. Also cases of liver cancer have been associated with oral AAS, but usually among people who have taken high doses for extended periods of time (1 year+).

judge_dread is offline Member
    Interesting thoughts.....Let's bump it up

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    Yeah in prostate cancers the medicine used is some sort of drug that stops androgen (for example test) production... sou can assume that test has a direct action on prostate cancers.. Then I've read about oral steroids causing liver cancers (or some sorta tumors, cant remember) but they seemed to (according to that stud/read) reverse this process after the continuation of use.. To me the biggest medical issue with steroid is the cardiovascular system..
    Just curious as to why the biggest issue for you with steriods is the cardiovascular system since I some times have difficulties breathing regularly?

Braveheart2233 is offline New Member
    ahh very good my young priests, igf-1 is the key component of hgh that builds muscle as well as aids the growth of malignent tumors. There are no studies that have proven infact that testosterone gives you cancer, in all likelyhood thats bookaki. Tumors cancerous or malignent are like spunges and will suck up all the shit floating around in your body, igf is like steroids for a tumor in the sense of growth. so **** cancer get big smoke weed drink beers and shoot juice this shits way to much fun to be worrying all the time about cancer. Im a United States Marine and avid bodybuilder, as well as scientis. After having few bullets wizz over my head and a few grenades come a little to close i say **** it life life while your alive cause your gonna be dead a long time boys. GET PUMPED

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Just curious as to why the biggest issue for you with steriods is the cardiovascular system since I some times have difficulties breathing regularly?
    long-term steroid use can mess up your lipidprofile and increase your risk to get atherosclerosis which is a major risk factor for cardiovascular events. Then I think there is a link between getting bloodclots and steroid use (I've seen this in practice - I study medicine). Then sterois use can also induce the hypertrophy of the heart in a diffrent way than sports (which is possibly very dangerous). But to me the most important thing is that you get regular bloodwork done if u r into steroids ..

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Fried foods are linked to cancer. Especially french fries. Aluminum cans have been suspected in causing cancer. God knows how many of those we drink out of... The sun causes cancer, melonoma. Why do people not protect their skin when going out in the sun? Simple sun block....
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 09-21-2005 at 12:02 AM.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart2233
    ahh very good my young priests, igf-1 is the key component of hgh that builds muscle as well as aids the growth of malignent tumors. There are no studies that have proven infact that testosterone gives you cancer, in all likelyhood thats bookaki. Tumors cancerous or malignent are like spunges and will suck up all the shit floating around in your body, igf is like steroids for a tumor in the sense of growth. so **** cancer get big smoke weed drink beers and shoot juice this shits way to much fun to be worrying all the time about cancer. Im a United States Marine and avid bodybuilder, as well as scientis. After having few bullets wizz over my head and a few grenades come a little to close i say **** it life life while your alive cause your gonna be dead a long time boys. GET PUMPED
    I respect you guys in the military but doesn't it make you think real hard about your life after seeing bullets wiz by or seeing people die? Nobody wants to die early and most people don't. Putting yourself in harms way to protect our nation is very noble and necessary. But as you get older you realise there is a big portion of your life still in front of you. It's so sad to see young people die in war. This Iraq deal is confusing because what are we fighting for? Oil? I thought the US was suppose to track down Bin Laden?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Its more the fact of gaining a lot of weight quickly and your body adjusting than the steroids themselves IMO

Thread Information