timetogain is offline New Member

can you juice if you have a heart murmur?

I may have a murmur... I know juice can affect your cardiovascular system... Just checking if taking gear would be ok.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I was born with a heart murmur. I juice. I'm okay. I just try to keep bloating to a minimum to help keep blood pressure in check and make sure you do cardio at least a couple times a week. I've had no problems. I was told though that my murmur was going away but I'm not sure if that's possible. Any more insight into this one anybody?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

yeah

i have a heart murmur also.i can honestly say i've never heard of them goign away though.i've been on gear for yrs and i have used enough narcotics(coke, e, k, tina) to wipe out a small village.now i know everyone's drug tolerance is difference so my advice is not professional , but i'm ok.i don't see it being a problem, but my question to you is why dont' you ask your doctor what he/she thinks?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

or

talk to a cardiologist

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    i tested for one too when i was younger, don't know if i still do or what. Never really new to much about it.

_SOLID

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Much To Be Answered . . .

If you have a heart murmur, the key question is not whether you can juice, but to what extent you should work out in the first place. There are a few things you did not mention that are relevant - your age, your weight, and any specific diagnosis related to the heart murmur.

Partyboynyc is especially right about one thing: Talk to a cardiologist. If your heart murmur was brought to your attenion by a general physician or primary care doctor who simply listened to your chest with a stethescope and said, "Hey, dude, you've got a heart murmur," that is hardly an adequate diagnosis. If you've never been checked out by a cardiologist, it's not only worth it, it's necessary (even if only to bring the peace of mind of hearing, "Nothing to worry about").

Depending on your age and the nature of the murmur, if you do any kind of intensive workout, you should have a cardiac stress test at the very least. (That's the one where they do an EKG while you strut your stuff on a treadmill.)

Once you have run your workout game plan by the cardiologist, be totally up front and discuss your desire to juice. A physician is not a cop, and everything you say is confidential. The doctor may tell you that you're a smacked ass, but his or her responsibility is to give you sound medical advice, period - to tell you what the specific ramifications are regarding any particular drug you are doing or plan to be doing, what the likely effects might be, etc.

Finally, remember that everyone is different when it comes to any health-related conditions (heart murmurs or anything else). Don't be a putz by listening to someone who says, "I've got a heart murmur and I juice with no negative effects" - it doesn't mean that you will have no negative effects, it simply means that they have no negative effects (at least none that they are aware of). Become proactive about the specific nature of your heart murmur - including its cause, if that can be determined - then make an informed decision about whether to start juicing based on your clinical picture.

That will be five cents, please . . .

Thread Information