Thread: Acne and aas ?

Erwin is offline Associate Member

Acne and aas ?

I am thinking about going to my doctor and trying to get a script for accutane. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this and were there any side effects when you were on cycle and taking accutane. I have tried using salicylic acid but it just seems to be making it worse. I have been off for about 10 weeks now and the acne wasn't bad until after cycle. Tren only at 90mg ed for 5 weeks. Don't flame me on this but it really got bad after my wife shaved my back and hasn't cleared up. Any other ideas would be helpful. Thaks guys.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    that stuff is harsh, i tried tetracycling and had ok results but if you go in the sun your skin burns bad. at least mine did and i never burn just tan, so i quit that and ordered vit b3 (pantothenate acid) works even better for me and its cheap and legall...no script

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    I posted the same question and dont seem to get any responces? maybe no ones done it before?

Quote Originally Posted by catlovesfood
    I posted the same question and dont seem to get any responces? maybe no ones done it before?
    i just saw that, if you do an internet search on accutane most of what comes up is lawers filling lawsuits against accutain for various reasons, besides summers over keep your shirt on and get huge plus b3

keltiktiger is offline Junior Member
    Actually it is Vit B5 (pantothenic acid) - Google "Vit b5 acne" and it should pull up forums and details. High doses of Vit A mimics Accutane to a certain extent and other supplements like Zinc, antioxidants, echinea (could never spell that one!!!!) all help. Tanning also helped me.

What type of a dose were you taking of the b3 smiler? I tried b5 for awhile but it wasn't helping. Evidently the salicylic acid thing is genetic because it didn't help my father either. Maybe I am just screwed but I never had acne after age 19 unitl i took prohormones a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by keltiktiger
    Actually it is Vit B5 (pantothenic acid) - Google "Vit b5 acne" and it should pull up forums and details. High doses of Vit A mimics Accutane to a certain extent and other supplements like Zinc, antioxidants, echinea (could never spell that one!!!!) all help. Tanning also helped me.
    thanks my bad...b5

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin
    What type of a dose were you taking of the b3 smiler? I tried b5 for awhile but it wasn't helping. Evidently the salicylic acid thing is genetic because it didn't help my father either. Maybe I am just screwed but I never had acne after age 19 unitl i took prohormones a year ago.
    as kelt pointed out to me it is b5 not b3 and i took 3 grams 4x a day for 2 weeks then down to 5 grams once a day, dont get me wrong i still have backne and shoulder zits plus a couple on my chest but not near as bad

I am just trying to figure out what to do to get rid of it completely. Otherwise all of this lifting and dieting is for nothing if I have to cover my body all the time. Does anyone know what the sides are if any when accutane is used with aas? Will be running another tren cycle ina few months. thanks for the info guys

Accutane is highly toxic to the liver and increases cholestrol (thats why you have to get blood tests done both before and during taking it) - so basically keep that in mind if taking any oral steroids such as dbol that build up in the liver at high doses. I'm not a steroid expert so you will need to research effects on cholestrol with whatever steroid you are thinking of using. So you have to consider you liver, cholestol levels as well as the counteractive effects of test levels increasing sebum production (and counteracting the effects of the accutane - so its like one fights the other)

If you have to get regular blood tests while on Accutane (like I had to do) bear in mind that if something is amiss then your doctor will want to know why and will immediately take you off the accutane.

Better to do the Accutane and get your skin cleared up first before thinking about your next cycle and then after a couple of months look into low androgenic cycles and take Vit B5, Vit A, Zinc and other natural supplements that help with acne.

I for one don't want to sacrifice my skin for the sake of gaining a few pounds of muscle - I had acne since a teenager and Accutane was the only thing that worked and 2 years later it is still gone. I haven't cycled yet and this will be a major consideration in what I decide on (All I've taken so far is Dbol - which actually worked great for me)

maybe Vit b3 works as well - will look into that

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    avoid accutane. If you need acne solutions PM me bro.

noober is offline New Member
    Accutane is an extremely harsh medication you have to take it for about 6 months and the side effects are pretty bad. Besides the depression, it causes your skin to totally dry out and if you very lightly scrape it you will easily bleed, you will need to moisturize all the time and rubbing the moisturizer in can seriously make you cry cause the rubbing burns your skin so bad. The worst part was what it does to your lips, your lips get so insanely chapped that you need special perscription ointment for any releif. If you fail to use the ointment your lips will painfully crack and often bleed. Using this drug is hell for months but is worth it to people like me who had horrible acne... 4 years later all i get is a few random pimples that go away quickly, but no more gatherings of pimples and outbreaks but i do still get bacne (i have never used steroids *yet*).
    and also there was a monthly blood test required to test cholesterol and liver function i beleive.
    If its worth it to you the benefits are amazing but i did it before it was covered by insurance so you can imagine two pills a day, 7 bux a pill, 6 months... But now most insurance covers this drug.
    Good luck.

The sides were rough - for me it was the physical stuff like the dry skin and chapped lips that was the worse - but not as bad as what Noober experienced. I never got depressed on it and my dermatologist told me that those cases were mostly teenagers probably depressed with other things and living in a lawsuit happy society too many prescription drugs get blamed for allsorts.

I had tried EVERYTHING and this is all that worked - now I do get an occasional outbreak and I find VIT b5 works to clear those up.

jones318 is offline Junior Member
    ok man for one accutane is expencive 2 it is a very very last resort for doctors to prescribe you should try the stuff these fellas are offering they all sound like they have good experience with acne treatment. but you should also pm powerlift cause i read alot of his posts and he knows his sh1t my uncle is a dermatologist and he very rarely prescribes accutane because of the dreadful possibilities of sides. just tryin to help bro !

thanks for your info guys, definitely rethinking the whole accutane thing now. Just want to go to the pool with the kids and not be embarrased.

noober is offline New Member

hey Dbag

Quote Originally Posted by keltiktiger
    The sides were rough - for me it was the physical stuff like the dry skin and chapped lips that was the worse - but not as bad as what Noober experienced. I never got depressed on it and my dermatologist told me that those cases were mostly teenagers probably depressed with other things and living in a lawsuit happy society too many prescription drugs get blamed for allsorts.

I had tried EVERYTHING and this is all that worked - now I do get an occasional outbreak and I find VIT b5 works to clear those up.
    Hey Dbag i never sewed anybody and yes I have a history of depression but i never blamed the drug company and made a congressional case thanks.
    BTW it says in many of the readings that the company produces that there is a risk of depression, so kindly sit on it and rotate.

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    I told my doc im gonna cycle so he offered accutane 2 months after I finish cycling.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    OK first of all..... accutane isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is.... Idunno who has taken it and who hasn't.... but if you HAVE NOT taken accutane before.... please don't "make a stand against it"

Im going to run a search (which should have been done before) - to find a few posts i had about accutane..... when i find them i'll post them.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    sorry this is so long..... but here is a post i made on another board.....

Accutane info and other ways to stay acne free!

There have been quite a few posts as of late regarding acne..... Not just on this board.... but on a few others also. I figured i would just take the time to let everyone know what I do to stay acne free while on and off cycle.....

Lets get a few things straight..... there are different levels of acne. When you goto a dermatologist..... they look you over and classify you. I was considered to have "severe" acne. Just about as bad as one can get. This was also before i even so much as looked at anything anabolic ! I was just one of those unlucky kids with HELLA bad acne!

Acne treatments..... Which one do i use? This is a personal choice..... a lot of people say not to jump the gun and go straight to accutane..... while quite a few people condone the use of accutane right from the start. In my honest opinion..... you should decide which treatment/s you are going to use based on the severity of the acne.... and the scenario you put yourself in. By this i mean..... Are you going to cycle AAS? Are you active in sports? Do you naturally sweat alot? You need to look over your situation and decide which route is best for you.

There are many different treatments out there for acne..... ranging from pills to soaps and creams.... While some of you may not know all of the treatments.... im not going to go over them all. There was a rather lengthy post on each treatment so if you want to know the other drugs that i do not bring up in this post..... simply run a search and im sure you can find it.

Now..... lets talk about what you can do to clear up your acne.....

The absolute most effective way to clear up acne is to take Accutane (isotretinoin). I stand by this drug 100%. I know from personal experience and from hearing stories from others... that this drug is truely a miracle. I must caution you tho..... Many users of accutane have claimed to have gotten side effects. The 3 most common side effects are:
    1 - Cracked dry skin
    2 - Depression
    3 - Sun burn (you burn easier while on accutane)

How can we reduce these side effects? WE TAKE A LOWER DOSAGE! The common dosage of accutane from a dermatologist is 80mg's a day. When you goto a dermatologist and get prescribed accutane.... they send you for regular bloodwork. Accutane can be very harsh on ones body..... if your bloodwork comes back not looking soo pretty..... the dermatologist will either cut back the dosage or take you off the accutane all together.

REMEMBER: YOU ARE NOT A DERMATOLOGIST!...... and if you happen to be one..... why the hell are you here? It would not be wise for you to take 80mg's a day since most of you can't read your own bloodwork..... and thats even if your able to get blood work on a bi-weekly/monthly basis.

Will taking a lower dosage effect how the accutane works for me? In a sense.... yes. Instead of clearing your acne up in a week or 2 - it may take just a little bit longer. But this short ammount of time is well worth the moisture in your skin..... and the safety of your liver. Not to mention the money you'll be saving.

What dosage do you recommend i take? No matter how severe your acne is, unless it's not bad at all.... in which you don't need accutane, I suggest taking 1/4 of the Dermatologist recommended dosage. Since the recommended dosage by a dermatologist is 80mg's/day - i suggest taking 20mg's/day. At this dosage your skin will slightly dry out.... but not NEARLY as bad as it would with a higher dosage. I personally don't have any depression problems at 20mg's/day.... but i can not speak for everyone... as everyone is different.

Accutane will work while on or off cycle. I've run 20mg's/day while i was on... and while i was off..... and it just destroyed the acne. The only difference is while you're on cycle..... you might need to stay on the accutane for a longer period.

If im taking an oral steroid ..... should i take accutane? NO! Like i said before.... accutane is harsh on your body, including your liver. Many people claim accutane is more liver toxic than Dbol or Anadrol ..... I personally do not believe this HOWEVER i would not run 2 orals together in the first place.

What do i do about acne from an oral steroid then? You must remember there are other treatments available to you. Im going to mention 2 that i find effective in reducing acne.

If you are on a liver toxic steroid..... you have 2 options that i recommend.
    the first option is Vitamin B5. (pantothenic acid)
    Many studies have shown that Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) reduces acne.... and can even get rid of it all together. B5 is great because you can not over dose it either..... if you have too much.....your body will flush it out.

What dosage would you recommend? This is going to vary from person to person..... but here is what i find to be sort of a happy median for everyone.
    If your going to cycle AAS: Start running 2500-5000mg's Vitamin B5 daily 1 month prior to cycle. Then once you start your cycle - run 10g's B5 daily all the way through PCT.

NOTE* Acne may get worse for a week or so when taking B5 as it pushes the remaining oil to the surface of the skin. After that tho..... your acne should start to clear up.

Whats the other option? you said you had 2....? The other option is Retin-A. (tretinoin) Retin-A is more or less a topical accutane. It doesn't work as fast as accutane does tho. I would start it 1 month before cycle and continue all the way through PCT. Just rub the cream on the affected area.

LASTLY..... whether you used a treatment that i talked about or a treatment you found on your own..... i suggest taking a daily shower (which i hope you do anyways.....) and scrubing the affected area with an anti-bacterial soap and a wash cloth. Possibly shower 2 times a day..... depending on your daily activities and the ammount you sweat. ALSO REMEMBER: Change your sweaty clothes ASAP.

ooooo wait..... Mr. Acne..... where can i buy these products?
    Be still young grasshopper..... i was just about to tell you......

Where to locate.....
    B5: www.beyond-a-century.com - here you'll find the powder version of vitamin B5. Not only is it easy to mix in your protein shakes..... it's easy to dose..... and it's CHEAP AS HELL for an ASSLOAD of the stuff.

I edited out where to find accutane because i don't think i can post it on this board..... so thats up to you bro.

PLEASE DON'T SEND ME PM'S! this goes for everyone!

~haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Thanks for the info hazard, good stuff. Like I said, definitely rethinking the whole accutane thing and uping my b5 dosage for awhile to see what happens.

Got another question about this. Has anyone on here ever used glycolic acid? Just want to get some opinions and see what everyone thinks. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    OK first of all..... accutane isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is.... Idunno who has taken it and who hasn't.... but if you HAVE NOT taken accutane before.... please don't "make a stand against it"

Im going to run a search (which should have been done before) - to find a few posts i had about accutane..... when i find them i'll post them.

~Haz~
    um i never tried crack but i "make a stand against it" i never tried murder but i "make a stand against it" i never tried gay sex but i "make a stand against it" the point, if you haven't fiquered it out yet is that you can take a stand against something you have researched it. maybe it wasn't that bad for you but does that mean it's not that bad for everyone else? easy killer

Thread Information