jwol is offline Junior Member

money gram problem HELP

for those unfamiliar with moneygram, its similar to western union, with much cheaper rates.

I sent my first overseas(China) order through moneygram last night(source said it was ok). It was under $1000. I set up the transition with fictitious info, etc etc...and while processing it, she asked to see id. I asked why and she said "security." I need to see your social security number. I showed it to her on my id without letting her see the rest of the license, blah blah...so they gave me the reference number, and we're set right...

No, wrong...source emailed today and said he can no longer take moneygram for whatever reason, and told me to go get the money back and send it western union. Which presents another problem. How am I supposed to get it back? Will it require ID? Bc the name i gave is close to my real one, and they have my ssn. I also have the receipt.

What can i do here? Im worried that i cant get the funds back.

bump...need to know, im bout to go try to get it back

ok guys...it was a bitch, but i got the money back, apparently this dont happen often with them because there were no references as to how to get it back, but it all worked out

Thread Information