Random is offline RETIRED VET

Question Hypothyroidism and Clen?

i have a friend who is taking synthroid (T4) for hypothyroidism, is it possible to take clen and or T3 with hypothyroidism? what are the effects? pros and cons?

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    That would be fine. Since you're already using a synthetic thyroid med you dont have to worry about suppression from the clen .

now this could be a stupid question, but could i substitute synthroid for cytomel and use clen also?

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDominate
    i have a friend who is taking synthroid (T4) for hypothyroidism, is it possible to take clen and or T3 with hypothyroidism? what are the effects? pros and cons?
    T3 is used for your thyroid. I have been researching and have asked the boards about it in the past for a buddy of mine. T3 is a metabolic booster that turns up the thermostate on your thyroid. I have been told with t3 if used correctly there are no side effects. I know clen is good fat burner and raises body temp., but never heard anything about it being used for thyroid.

alo5603 is offline Member
    now this could be a stupid question, but could i substitute synthroid for cytomel and use clen also?
    you could because they are of the same property of medication, just Cytomel is stronger in comparison to synthroid (ie T-4). So if i were you, i would just use T-3 but if you can only get synthroid, use it, just slightly higher doses.

alo

fijiman09 is offline New Member
    My wife has hypothyroidism and is prescribed synthroid meds (112 mcg). Her goal is fat loss and she has no AS experience. She wants to start taking cytomel or clen with her prescription, but we're not sure which would be better. Also, what would be a good cycle for her (keeping in mind that she will continue to take her synthroid everyday)?
    Last edited by fijiman09; 03-22-2006 at 11:17 AM.

IMO i think you can substitute synthroid for cytomel ...cytomel is just more powerful...

IMO i think you can substitute synthroid for cytomel...cytomel is just more powerful...
    Ok, but can she take cytomel or clen WITH her synthroid ?

dont take cytomel with synthroid , take one or the other, and yes you can use clen with synthroid

What would be a good cycle for her on clen keeping in mind that her daily dosage of synthroid is 112 mcg. I guess we could bump her dosage up, but we're really looking to keep it where it is and just cycle in the clen. I've heard some say do a 2wk on/2wk off cycle with clen, but others have mentioned doing a full 6 week cycle with benadryl half-way through the cycle. I'd appreciate some more info on both of these cycles for clen and how they may apply to my wife's particular situation.
    Last edited by fijiman09; 03-23-2006 at 12:21 AM.

i would start slow, days 1-4 20mcg days 5-10 40mcg if its not enough then days 11-14 60 mcg...the key to clen is finding your tolerance level...for some people clen will be worthless at a low dose, make sure you take 3-5 grams of taurine every day to avoid cramps... and drink tons of water

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ludakris9
    T3 is used for your thyroid. I have been researching and have asked the boards about it in the past for a buddy of mine. T3 is a metabolic booster that turns up the thermostate on your thyroid. I have been told with t3 if used correctly there are no side effects. I know clen is good fat burner and raises body temp., but never heard anything about it being used for thyroid.
    T3 is actually synthetic thyroid hormone. The tyroid gland produces t4 hormone which is converted into t3. T3 is the active, at a cellular level, thyroid hormone that does regulate metabolism and quite a few more functions. What did the doc about you hypothyroidism? Did you have hyper first? How long have you been on t4 and what is your dose?

You can take t3 with synthroid . I have hypo and take both. If you are looking to drop weight then you could start off with a low dose of t3 to see how your body reacts. Alot of this depends on your thyroid condition.

Maybe start off with 10 mcgs and bump it up to around 50mcgs over a period of 2 weeks or so.

mick-g is offline Associate Member
    If you are taking synthroid for low free T-4. The dr. prescribing it is trying to get you levels back to normal. If you are going to start taking T-3 along with it, it may be counter productive in what your dr, is trying to accomplish.

I agree thats why I was asking him what his thyroid condition is. How long he has been on thyroid hormone, how much etc.

When to doc puts you on thyroid hormone replceament it usually takes 3 to 6 months to get your thyroid levels stable.

Quote Originally Posted by tboney
    You can take t3 with synthroid. I have hypo and take both. If you are looking to drop weight then you could start off with a low dose of t3 to see how your body reacts. Alot of this depends on your thyroid condition.
    As far as my wife is concerned, she's not real concerned with the stability of her thyroid as this is just a manufactured stability anyway. TBone, do you think for her goal of cutting it would be better for her to take T3 or clen with her synthroid ?

D'Arcy is offline Female Member
    I'm also hypothyroid and female; but I have a slightly different take on the synthroid issue. I switched to Armour for my standard thyroid medication after having taken synthroid for forty yeras and still suffering hypo symptoms. It's another of those things that the individual needs to figure out interms of personal comfort. My doctor suggested Cytomel along with the Armour on her own, she has no idea I'm doing aas. So - this cycle I did just clen with taurine and potassium, very clean diet, weights 4x week, cardio 4-5 x week BUT I'm also taking var@ 10 mg, hgh 2IUed and test cyp (as part of an HRT program) 20 mg subco 2x week. I have no sides and I feel great.

So - to answer your question - personally, I'd switch her to Armour (there's a great yahoo group caled NaturalThyroidHormones for more info) and do T3 along with the clen. I would NOT mix T3 with synthroid.

D'Arcy

Quote Originally Posted by fijiman09
    As far as my wife is concerned, she's not real concerned with the stability of her thyroid as this is just a manufactured stability anyway. TBone, do you think for her goal of cutting it would be better for her to take T3 or clen with her synthroid?

Thread Information