jinos is offline Member

Tell your doc or not?

I was wondering if I should tell my doc about me on AS or not. Of course I want to, but I have a friend who has been doing AS for the past 8 years on and off and he said never tell your doc cuz it will effect you getting insurance. Especially life insurance. Even though it is confidential, they can still write it up and it will show up on your insurance. Is that true? If so, what should I do? I want to get some bloodtests done before I start my next cycle. Thanks bruthas.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    there have been threads like this before and i have always said the same thing...i didnt go to medical school therefore i tell my doctor everything. many will argue and tell horror stories about being ratted out and busted and all. that may be true. i find it best to get a doctor that you feel comfortable with and be honest with him. juice, booze, rec drugs, everything.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    How did you get your blood tested before your last cycle? Also your friend is right.

juicyup34 is offline Banned
    bro of course tell your doc there is no shame here, yyou have made a life atyle choice he may or may not judge you but you will be safe. use your brain friend

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Depends on the Doc-some you hear about are cool and actually know that the TRT the prescribe is steroids and so they have some understanding. But others, my last, are friggin idiots, I tested the waters by telling him I had used in the past-long, time ago. I didn't get out of there for forty minutes he wanted to lecture me about the dangers or Roids so bad. And he must have wrote AAS useage on a half dozen forms, so naturally I denied insurance, paid cash and got the hell out. So it is up to you, but if you tell him and you are not sure how he will react be very aware you could be screwing yourself.

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    I just told my doc I wanted to take some bloodtests to check that everything was ok. didn`t tell him about AAS.

TheLicencee. is offline New Member
    I Agree With Your Freind 110%
    No Questions Asked

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLicencee.
    No Questions Asked
    in one of your other posts you said you were a doctor trainie. if this is true then how can you advise someone not to tell their doc?

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    your doc has your best interest @ hand. it won't affect insurance......life insurance?.....come on jino...someone's filling you full of shit bro...are you kidding me...i'd love to see a life insurance policy that was denied becasue of AS. Tell the doc, just ask that it's not written down or recorded

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Do Not tell your doctor unless you are 110% positive he/she will not put it on your record. My Wife was denied health insurance because in casual conversation with her dr. she admitted trying Rec. drugs to help with her severe headaches. Now she cannot get covered by any health insurance company. I would not recommend telling them, for your own safety. If you need bloodwork, order it online and do it confidentially.

big_C is offline Member
    No Questions Asked
    he's a doc in training...yea sure and friend is spelled like he spelled it too!!
    Anyway, back to the thread, I tell my doc everything, he has already given me the mandatory "don't do it" speech, he knows I am anyway, he's cool about it and has answered a few questions for me, "off the record" of course.

jinos is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicyup34
    bro of course tell your doc there is no shame here, yyou have made a life atyle choice he may or may not judge you but you will be safe. use your brain friend
    I am using my brain lil boy. It was just a question concerning my future with life insurance. So use your brain.

jinos is offline Member
    I was just wondering cuz my friends training partner got denied life insurance due to AS use reported in his insurance. They considered him a risk factor and was denied. This is no BS. I only asked this for my future concerns for my family. Hey Meso, so if my friend is right what should I do?

For the last friggin time----------It would be trainee, not trainie. Trainie sounds more like a chick with a dick!

look your not going to listin to me anyway but i heard some sh1t il post it out soon

Quote Originally Posted by jinos
    I was just wondering cuz my friends training partner got denied life insurance due to AS use reported in his insurance. They considered him a risk factor and was denied. This is no BS. I only asked this for my future concerns for my family. Hey Meso, so if my friend is right what should I do?
    Jinos, you can tell your Doc, but as I said if you have no idea what he will say or how he will react you could screw yourself. Remember that when you try to get health insurance you give the ins co the oppurtunity to look at your medical records, if a dick bag DR writes all over your charts "AAS" yes you may very well get denied coverage. Also, not all Dr's will feel obligated to keep it confidential seeing as how using and posessing any quantity worth having is generally a felony, he may feel it is his duty to report your ongoing criminal activity.

look your not going to listin to me anyway but i heard some sh1t il post it out soon
    Why is it there is always one newbie who decides it is his job to stir up hate and discontent. We don't need it, we have mods for that!j/k

jinos is offline Member
    That's what I worry about. I don't know if my doc would document me of AS use, but I'll ask him.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    why chance it.

jinos is offline Member
    True. I'll just ask him not to report it to my insurance. Hopefully he'll be cool about it. Or not...

You could just check his gut reaction to steroids by just bringing it up in a conversation about Pro Baseball, if he flips and goes on a rant then you know not to discuss it with this doc. If he doesn't really react then you might start talking as the devil's advocate for steroids in baseball , if he still doens't flip out then you prolly got a guy you can talk to.

Needle_Newb is offline Junior Member
    Your doctor must keep everything between you and him/her confidential. You won't be ratted out or sold to insurance companies. If your insurance companies know, I'd be more worried that the cops would be next.

Yes tell your doctor, or if you really don't like the idea, ask your doc to be referred to an endocrinologist.

juicyup34 is offline Banned
    yes, well think of it this way, calling me that in front of the forum is kind of a flame, but i hold no grudge. if you are a loner go ahead use steroids , dont tell em, get your life insurance policy. But if you have dependants which a lot of us do your life insurance will not be paid to them, which is the whole point, if they suspect any cause of your death was related to steroids . And even then do you want them to have to fight for the money? Not worth the risk to me, and as i have found being honest with people never will bite you. I am not flaming you, and im not a litle boy. sorry for the misunderstanding i did not mean to insult your intelligence in front of anyone on the board, this is also my apology for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Needle_Newb
    Your doctor must keep everything between you and him/her confidential. You won't be ratted out or sold to insurance companies. If your insurance companies know, I'd be more worried that the cops would be next.

Yes tell your doctor, or if you really don't like the idea, ask your doc to be referred to an endocrinologist.

Actually, not everything you tell him is priviledged info. Dr are under a legal obligation to prevent any illeagal activity that could lead to harm to the patient or others if he feels you are a danger to yourself or others you could be in trouble. State laws will vary on this. And as I have stated, when you apply for health insurance the new insurance co. will have the legal right, you will have to sign a waiver of course, to look at your medical history. Depending on their standards they may deny coverage to those who have documented drug abuse, I.E. AAS useage. It would be really great to get a new job and get turned down by the company's insurance carrier because your old Dr stated on an exam form that he was testing you blood due to AAS useage.

jinos is offline Member
    Thanks for understanding my point of view. Sorry for the flame. I thought you were flamin me. I just want what's best for my family and don't want anything negative to come to them in the future. Just trying to be a responsible AS user in everyway.

No one can fault you for that.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jinos
    I would not tell your doc, or just feel him out such as asking " Doc if I told you something I was thinking of doing will you not write it in my chart?" and if he gives you a lecture about the horrors then you know your answer, but if he starts saying you need this or that checked then ask " How do I keep this out of my medical records so someday this does not effect any coverage in the future?" He will then tell you one of two things. He will say I have to or he will be like only one doctor I have talked too and say "I will just order these tests up for no reason... your insurance will deny it... you pay my office visit and the lab, ok?" Then you say ok.

jinos is offline Member
    Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

marqui678 is offline Junior Member
    I usually dont mention anything to my doctor regarding steroids , when I ask her for blood test, she doesnt question why. I did tell my former doctor that I was taking andro, he was pretty cool about it, and told me my balls would grow back in a few months. Anyway, unless you have an underlying problem, theres no real benefit of telling your doctor your taking steroids.

Thread Information