Thread: My Fina project

G-13 is offline Member

My Fina project

My second batch of fina came our Primo...I can say this, use Watman filters, it makes all the difference in the world.
    My first batch came out cloudy, i re filtered 3x and still cloudy. I ordered more filters with my new kit and filtered it again and it's beautiful.

Now what i don't understand is this, my first batch looks golden yellow and my second batch looks darker like gold tea(if that makes any sense).

This is what i did different. My first batch i crushed the pellets and rushed through it. The second batch i took my time and let them dissolve. Would that make the color different? Also i got the pellets from a different vendor.
    In any case this stuff looks awesome.

I found some pics to compare my 2 batches to. The first pic will look like my first batch and the second pic will look like my second batch.

I want to shoot this stuff NOW!!!

And thanx to a great bro here who showed me i could be a "MAD SCIENTIST", i don't want to mention his name unless he want's it known. Thanks man!!

Last edited by G-13; 09-21-2005 at 10:03 PM.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Glad this batch worked out well for you!

"I can say this, use Watman filters, it makes all the difference in the world."You didn't use a whatman in your first batch?

~Pinnacle~

G-13 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Glad this batch worked out well for you!

"I can say this, use Watman filters, it makes all the difference in the world."You didn't use a whatman in your first batch?

~Pinnacle~

No man, the one that came with the kit was called g- something, i threw them away so i don't remember the name.
    But i could tell the difference right away, with the watman's my hands were killing me and it took forever, with the junk filters i took about a minute to filter 12ml's.

I can shoot this stuff tomorrow right? It looks good to go right now, my mouth is watering....

Quote Originally Posted by G-13
    I can shoot this stuff tomorrow right? It looks good to go right now, my mouth is watering....
    LMAO..let it sit for 48 hrs to make sure no crystals appear.Then fire away my friend!!

~Pinnacle~

G-13 is offline Member
    LMAO..let it sit for 48 hrs to make sure no crystals appear.Then fire away my friend!!

~Pinnacle~
    Alright....i'll wait lol

Also, do you have any idea of why the colors would be so different? Have you had that happen?

Alright....i'll wait Lil

Also, do you have any idea of why the colors would be so different? Have you had that happen?
    Different pellets from different companies.Also,did you heat this batch?Fina gets that rust color and oxidizes when applied to heat.

~Pinnacle~

G-13 is offline Member
    Different pellets from different companies.Also,did you heat this batch?Fina gets that rust color and oxidizes when applied to heat.

~Pinnacle~
    Yes i did, i heated up some water in the microwave to help the last of the pellets dissolve before adding the oil. Will this effect it?

Yes i did, i heated up some water in the microwave to help the last of the pellets dissolve before adding the oil. Will this effect it?
    No..you're good to go.Just oxidized from the heat.That's normal.

~Pinnacle~

Thread Information