Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

who could bench press between -380-400 before first cycle

just wondering because that is the boat i will be in. I plan on being able to naturally bench press 380-400 before my first cycle of test.(first cycle ever).

so, was just curious to see guys who had about the same strength as I, share with us how much they were benching at the end of their first cycle and 5-6 weeks after stopping the cycle.

also, i think of myself as more of a body/powerbuilder rather than powerlifter

jinos is offline Member
    At the end of my cycle, I was benching 365lbs. I'm only 5-6 at 185-190lbs. I just finished my pct and my max was 315 lbs. Pretty sad.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jinos
    At the end of my cycle, I was benching 365lbs. I'm only 5-6 at 185-190lbs. I just finished my pct and my max was 315 lbs. Pretty sad.
    Dont worry about that shit unless you are going to a power meet. I have been close to 400 and have struggled(shoulder probs) with 265 on bench... Depends what your goals are... I could only bench two plates(each side) as a max before I started roids now I work out with sets in the 225lbs range.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    i benched 380 b4 my first cycle and now at a half way point (most gains prolly made already, 4 month cycle) I can only do 410... sorta depressing .. was expecting maybe a lil more.. but I guess these 100 pound increases come only to ppl with lower starting point (or then I just aint a best responder).. god I hope I aint dropping that much on PCT...

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Not me friend, not even close. You will find very few people benching 400lbs naturally. But I'm sure you already know that. What are your stats BTW? age/height/weight/bf %

jinos is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Dont worry about that shit unless you are going to a power meet. I have been close to 400 and have struggled(shoulder probs) with 265 on bench... Depends what your goals are... I could only bench two plates(each side) as a max before I started roids now I work out with sets in the 225lbs range.
    Damn!! 400?? Pretty damn good bro. It sucks cuz when I bulk I can bench more then ever but when I'm cutting I lose strength real quick. I guess you sacrafice one thing for another. Is there anyway to keep both?

Quote Originally Posted by jinos
    Damn!! 400?? Pretty damn good bro. It sucks cuz when I bulk I can bench more then ever but when I'm cutting I lose strength real quick. I guess you sacrafice one thing for another. Is there anyway to keep both?
    Well I said close to 400... more like max of 370 for one. I do not do that after my shoulder injury, I also injured it recently so I cannot even lift at the moment. I was benching about 315 for triples(no spot) at home before I hurt my shoulder.

Keeping the strength and loosing the weight... I am not sure it possible as the water and body weight almost always goes hand in hand with power.

hemidog66 is offline Associate Member
    bro I could hit 420 before now it is around 480 shirt assisted. the key to a big bench is bench heavy all the time 3-4 range.. I know I will get slammed but I almost always ---warm up then go all the way up doing only 2 reps to the top ( that way you power is still there) after that I will workout with 335 or someting lighter in my eyes. then I will use dombels and crossovers, whatever.

hehe I completely agree.. with previous post.. how much did u gain from ur first cycle hemidog (and how much of it did u keep) ?

Quote Originally Posted by hemidog66
    warm up then go all the way up doing only 2 reps to the top ( that way you power is still there)
    This is the way to power lifting for sure.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    The majority of bodybuilder's do not max. Plus it's a good way to injure yourself.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    This is the way to power lifting for sure.
    yup, except most people like to drop down to singles once you get within 80% or so of your 1RM.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    The majority of bodybuilder's do not max. Plus it's a good way to injure yourself.
    I sucked at powerlifting, also suck at body building... But I have dreams of grandeur

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Grandeur is Good - Hell, I'm a legend in my own mind!
    At least no one can say you didn't stick with it.
    Keep it up Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    Grandeur is Good - Hell, I'm a legend in my own mind!
    At least no one can say you didn't stick with it.
    Keep it up Bro.
    I know almost 16 years of lifting... I should be bigger dammit! LOL

Yeah - I think I got a total of 18 years - 2 on , 8 off, 1 on, 6 off and I'm workin on three in a row right now!
    Ain't always easy - but damn fun when you see results.

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    I got 380 on the dot up for my max at the end of my first cycle @ 18 years old. And the best thing about it was that it was infront of me entire fitness and wellness class.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    just wondering because that is the boat i will be in. I plan on being able to naturally bench press 380-400 before my first cycle of test.(first cycle ever).

so, was just curious to see guys who had about the same strength as I, share with us how much they were benching at the end of their first cycle and 5-6 weeks after stopping the cycle.

also, i think of myself as more of a body/powerbuilder rather than powerlifter
    your stats?

hemidog66 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    hehe I completely agree.. with previous post.. how much did u gain from ur first cycle hemidog (and how much of it did u keep) ?
    when I started my first I could do 415-420 raw on a good day and like spmeone said that is a good way to injure your shoulder, skip to 12 weeks of test-e /dbol kicker 485 shirt assisted I would never even try it without a shirt
    OK 4 weeks off cycle and I hit 467 without to much trouble. before the cycle my max with the shirt was 436 but I was new the the shirt thing.. I have all my lifts on vid somewhere on this board except the 485 but I have it as well.
    hope that helps..

Quote Originally Posted by JdFlex
    Not me friend, not even close. You will find very few people benching 400lbs naturally. But I'm sure you already know that. What are your stats BTW? age/height/weight/bf %
    19/5'9/bout 215/13-15 bf

will be 20 yrs old at minimum for first shot. we will see how things go, if things go really well, then i will hold off

i wanna add, i am about 20-30 pounds away from the 380, but i am gaining so quick right now i am positive i will hit 380 before next year

chest6 is offline Banned
    After my first cycle I got to around 335-340. Now I can do that like 5 times. Right now my max is probably 375..but I'm not all sure because I strained my pec a month ago..I'll have to see what I'm at now..hopefully no lower than 360. Oh and I'm 18 and that cycle was a big mistake

bark! is offline New Member
    eh, i did 315 for 3 before my first prohormone cycle (1-ad/4-ad), then after 6 weeks i did 315 for 7, then after PCT was over (and i was up 12#) i did it for 4 and have only bumped it up to 6 in the year since then. so not a huge gain. i've never injected, but then again i'm 6'6" 265lbs so those numbers arent all that impressive...but who the hell cares, my pecs scare children and grandmothers and in the end, that's what really counts

oh and i agree - high weight and low reps all the time is a recipe for injury. dont go below 4-5 reps more than once in a blue moon.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I was able to get one rep at 385 natural but strained my left shoulder a few months back. Now I can only incline. I was max incline at 275 for 5 reps when natural. Now 8 weeks into my first cycle I just hit 315 on incline for 3 reps (2-set) just last night! It's funny though, just a couple of weeks ago I was still at 275. My strength is just now starting to increase on cycle.

shoalin is offline Junior Member
    I can bench about 350 naturally but I rarely do that much, to much strain on my left shoulder.

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    400 natual bench... but who cares man its about how you look not how strong u are... most powerlifters are pot belly they look like sh8t.

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtraining
    400 natual bench... but who cares man its about how you look not how strong u are... most powerlifters are pot belly they look like sh8t.
    amen, definatly about how you look. but u Can't say it doesnt help boost your ego when you are able to back it up in the gym with multiple people watching though...

BobShocker is offline Junior Member
    i did a 400 bench when i was 18 before my first cycle. After a little Anadrol and sus I was doing reps with 385 . . .

Anadrol works!

Now my bench is in the mid 4's - i have not done a cycle since 1993 (a fact i will change soon)!!

I'm assuming ya'll are throwing this weight up on a flat bench - no machines.
    If so - Great Work!
    Those numbers are not easy to do w/out Gear.

Carl Carlson is offline Junior Member

Unhappy

I had a 440 max before juicing and was up to 575 after a year of juicing (3 cycles)............I dipped back down to ~485 after several months of being clean.

Juice giveth, then it taketh away

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Carlson
    I had a 440 max before juicing and was up to 575 after a year of juicing (3 cycles)............I dipped back down to ~485 after several months of being clean.

holy fuc, 145 pound increase thats insane man. any reason in particular you couldnt maintain that much or is that just the reality of comin clean

needle is offline Senior Member
    I hit four plates on my 1st cycle!
    Weight doesnt matter anyways!

rockwilder is offline New Member
    i was benching 405lbs before my first cycle or had ever heard of a steroid board and seen steroids at a bodyweight of 205lbs. don't lift heavy anymore. working to much to get into it. what were you guys bodyweight when you did your lifts. that matters to an extent also. some may say i bench 500lbs but weigh 275-300lbs. PLEASE LIST YOUR BODYWEIGHTS ALSO

Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    I'm assuming ya'll are throwing this weight up on a flat bench - no machines.
    LOL... hahahahahahaha

needle is offline Senior Member
    LOL... hahahahahahaha
    I AGREE LOL OMG he cant be serious!!!

I hit 4 plates at 59 209

dragon69 is offline Member
    Of course it's flat bench. Bench press is ALWAYS using a barbell not those stupid useless machines.
    I bench 405 regularly. 9 Years back it was 500 for a triple. I just started my 1st ever cycle 3 weeks ago. Can't wait to see where it'll take me (although it's a cutter, so maybe I won't see so much size/strength increases), hopefully I can get 500 back.
    Oh yeah, 225 lbs at 5'10" ...19" arms.

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    My senior year in highschool i weighed 205 i could get 350 with out any roids, but i just worked out everyday. Now that I have had my first cycle I weigh 225 can do 415, and i only have to work out 5 days a week.

LOL it was a nice trade off...
    Last edited by Hooksetter; 09-22-2005 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon69
    Of course it's flat bench. Bench press is ALWAYS using a barbell not those stupid useless machines.
    I bench 405 regularly. 9 Years back it was 500 for a triple. I just started my 1st ever cycle 3 weeks ago. Can't wait to see where it'll take me (although it's a cutter, so maybe I won't see so much size/strength increases), hopefully I can get 500 back.
    Oh yeah, 225 lbs at 5'10" ...19" arms.
    500 for triple naturally..impressive..

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Carlson

Thats a deprssing idea...

T: Lenny Leonard (my favourite tv duo BTW Lenny & Carl)

Quote Originally Posted by hemidog66
    when I started my first I could do 415-420 raw on a good day and like spmeone said that is a good way to injure your shoulder, skip to 12 weeks of test-e /dbol kicker 485 shirt assisted I would never even try it without a shirt
    OK 4 weeks off cycle and I hit 467 without to much trouble. before the cycle my max with the shirt was 436 but I was new the the shirt thing.. I have all my lifts on vid somewhere on this board except the 485 but I have it as well.
    hope that helps..
    Yeah thanks... the reason I wanted to know is to check that if my progress is what it should be.. was expecting maybe a lil more since been reading about these 100 lbs gains in first cycle.. But I guess its right about there..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information