highnmighty is offline Associate Member

Var & cholesterol?

I read up in Hooker's profile on Anavar and could not find anything about the affects it has on cholesterol. Did I miss something here? I am curious because I want to run a Var cycle only.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    reguardless of the dose, other drugs in equation and genetics...i cant imagine it would do much good for your hdl levels. but nothing that isnt reversable via diet/supps

zobobobo is offline New Member
    anavar is bad for cholesterol due 2 reasons. 1st it is liver toxic and can prevent liver from producing good cholesterol. 2nd it isnt estrogenic-estrogens has the function to stmulate the liver to produce good cholesterol. It actually appears that anavar is pretty bad for the heart-dont go over 6weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by zobobobo
    anavar is bad for cholesterol due 2 reasons. 1st it is liver toxic and can prevent liver from producing good cholesterol. 2nd it isnt estrogenic-estrogens has the function to stmulate the liver to produce good cholesterol. It actually appears that anavar is pretty bad for the heart-dont go over 6weeks.
    This is news to me 6 weeks? There are a lot of bros here that say it can be run for 8-10 weeks at a time. I thought Var was the safest AAS out there?

shadowman25 is offline Associate Member
    I would like more on that too. Var is becoming my favorite .

Quote Originally Posted by highnmighty
    This is news to me 6 weeks? There are a lot of bros here that say it can be run for 8-10 weeks at a time. I thought Var was the safest AAS out there?
    As far as liver toxic, well here is Hooker's take:
    Although Anavar is an oral steroid, and has been alpha-alkylated to survive oral ingestion and the first pass through the liver, it’s still relatively mild in that respect too..., the unique chemical configuration of oxandrolone both confers a resistance to liver metabolism as well as noticable anabolic activity. It would also appear that Anavar appears not to exhibit the serious hepatotoxic effects (jaundice, cholestatic hepatitis, peliosis hepatis, hyperplasias and neoplasms) typically attributed to the C17alpha-alkylated AASs.

zobobobo is offline New Member
    you can run it a year round if you have healthy liver and no cholesterol problems. But for the orals it is reasonable not more than 8 weeks.

shadowman25 is offline Associate Member
    sounds reasonable

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Var is murder on Cholesterol. I would and will still use it though with the right HDL supporting supplements. I am currently on Lipitor as a result of using Var in my last cycle. My Cholesterol levels are through the roof and I have had not problems in the past with straight injectables.

Var is also NOT liver toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Var is murder on Cholesterol. I would and will still use it though with the right HDL supporting supplements. I am currently on Lipitor as a result of using Var in my last cycle. My Cholesterol levels are through the roof and I have had not problems in the past with straight injectables.

Var is also NOT liver toxic.
    Ok how long were you on var for??? Also what are the right HDL supporting supplements???

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    dude.. crestor should be your friend if you are worried about cholesterol

mine was up to 350... but i normally have high .. 275-300..

lipator did very little..
    and yes.. diet and exercise were on ..

crestor dropped me to 175.. so.. get with it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    dude.. crestor should be your friend if you are worried about cholesterol

mine was up to 350... but i normally have high .. 275-300..

lipator did very little..
    and yes.. diet and exercise were on ..

crestor dropped me to 175.. so.. get with it..
    Ok what is crestor? Is this prescribed meds or what? Also what about running like 10mg of Nolva with the var? I read in Hooker's profile on Nolvadex that it lowers HDL.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    supps are Vitamin B3 which is No Flush Niacin and Policosanol. Here are some links that talk about other supps as well

http://www.loweringcholesterol.net/...ldl-cholesterol
    http://www.loweringcholesterol.net/...hdl-cholesterol

Ok what is crestor? Is this prescribed meds or what? Also what about running like 10mg of Nolva with the var? I read in Hooker's profile on Nolvadex that it lowers HDL.

yep.. ask your doc.. if your cholesterol is high.. ask for it..

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    yep.. ask your doc.. if your cholesterol is high.. ask for it..
    What about the idea of running say like 10mg of Nolva while on a oral cycle like Var? Will this control cholesterol?

What about the idea of running say like 10mg of Nolva while on a oral cycle like Var? Will this control cholesterol?
    Have you been tested?? that would be the 1st place to start.. see what it is before you start.. run the cycle.. then get tested again..

that's the only way to know..

Rules

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by zobobobo
    Good job bro, looks like you did your homework. Orals really do mess up your liver and cholesterol, I am not just saying this because I think so, I got proof from my bloodtests. The doctor that got the results was alarmed at my liver enzyme elevation and how high LDL was and how low HDL was. All this was due from anavar , winstrol , and dbol . I dont think I am going to use orals anymore.

Nova during var cycle would probably be contraindicated, since var doesnt convert to estrogen. Nova is actually slightly liver toxic also, tho it can help blood lipids some.

I ordered this supplement called "Liver Detox" I can't wait to try it and get my system back up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Good job bro, looks like you did your homework. Orals really do mess up your liver and cholesterol, I am not just saying this because I think so, I got proof from my bloodtests. The doctor that got the results was alarmed at my liver enzyme elevation and how high LDL was and how low HDL was. All this was due from anavar , winstrol , and dbol . I dont think I am going to use orals anymore.

Nova during var cycle would probably be contraindicated, since var doesnt convert to estrogen. Nova is actually slightly liver toxic also, tho it can help blood lipids some.

I ordered this supplement called "Liver Detox" I can't wait to try it and get my system back up to speed.
    With all do respect, I think you can contribute your liver problems to the Dbol & Winny. Var is noted for hardly being toxic to ones liver. Although in your case it certainly didn't help.

I understand that Var does not amarotize, however, the reason I bring up Nolva is to control ldl levels.......

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike

Which liver values were tested? ALT and AST are always elevated in people who lift weights. Has nothing to do w/liver damage.

Teegunn is offline Banned
    Taking "red rice yeast" along with a good combo of a flax/fish oil gelcap is the best bet for naturally controlling cholesterol. Red rice yeast can let most people get off of stuff like lipitor. It has for my father. I now take it myself in smaller doses because my family has a history of cholesterol problems.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I've done a cycle of 10 weeks of Var at 40mg/day so I'm not scared of the stuff but I wouldn't do it again for more than just a few weeks for that reason -it's too rough on your HDL/LDL levels.

What really made me decide that was a study on reversing muscle wasting in AIDS patients that compared Var and Deca -the Var gave better results because participants didn't put on fat like they did on deca but after several weeks (and I'm sorry I lost the study so I can't say exactly how long) they were all taken off the Var and put on Deca because their lipid profile was so adversely affected it was considered dangerous to keep them on longer.

Thread Information