hocoathlete is offline Associate Member

DNp and cardio increase

HEy i was wondering if DNP would have an effect on your cardio endurance???ive been reading about it and how it mimicks excericese i think? hmm..jsut need some minds on this.

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    DNP doesn't really mimic cardio. It's an uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation. Basically your body makes ATP by using the gradient created across the inner mitochondrial membrane. What DNP does is allow the H+ to cross the membrane and down it's gradient by attaching to it and dissolving into the membrane (since it's lipid-soluble) and what this does in the end is deprive your body of all the ATP that would have been created due to the gradient. Basically you can imagine that it "punches holes" in your mitochondrial membrane (not literally of course) that allows the H+ gradient to dissipate. This makes your body start working overtime to look for other sources of energy, thereby burning all of it's stores of energy.

So it won't effect your endurance in the same way that your'e thinking, but I'm sure it will make strenuous activity very difficult. But I don't speak from experience so maybe I'm wrong about that.

Oh and by the way, I don't want to assume anything about you or how much research you've done, but DNP is some really serious stuff. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone because for most people they can get the job done with hard work and cardio, so just make sure you know everything and anything about the compound before you jump into it.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    You're gonna have a hard time working out once it builds up in your blood. It makes you tired, lethargic, and uncomfortable. Which could very well be a good thing. You want to reduce or maintain your present level of activity, certainly not increase it.

hocoathlete is offline Associate Member
    oh dont worry, im doing my research...im farrrrr from taking it.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    DNP doesn't really mimic cardio. It's an uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation. Basically your body makes ATP by using the gradient created across the inner mitochondrial membrane. What DNP does is allow the H+ to cross the membrane and down it's gradient by attaching to it and dissolving into the membrane (since it's lipid-soluble) and what this does in the end is deprive your body of all the ATP that would have been created due to the gradient. Basically you can imagine that it "punches holes" in your mitochondrial membrane (not literally of course) that allows the H+ gradient to dissipate. This makes your body start working overtime to look for other sources of energy, thereby burning all of it's stores of energy.

So it won't effect your endurance in the same way that your'e thinking, but I'm sure it will make strenuous activity very difficult. But I don't speak from experience so maybe I'm wrong about that.

When you hear guys talking about 'people that have no expierience with a specified compound give advice when they have no business doing so unless they have used it,' you can count yourself out.

You gave some pretty decent, grounded, info on a drug you have never used.

Good on you for reading up. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    When you hear guys talking about 'people that have no expierience with a specified compound give advice when they have no business doing so unless they have used it,' you can count yourself out.

You gave some pretty decent, grounded, info on a drug you have never used.

Good on you for reading up. Keep it up.
    Thanks man, I try to read as much as I can, and it also helps that I'm a molecular bio/biochem major. But I just feel so strange sometimes giving advice about things I haven't done.

Thread Information