SexyKitty is offline Female Vet

T3 - Split the dose or Not?

What are everyone's thoughts on whether the daily dose of cytomel should be split or not?

I've seen some people split it 1/2 am, 1/2 pm, and some take it all at once but there doesnt seem to be a consensus on what is preferable. Opinions on this?
    Last edited by SexyKitty; 09-22-2005 at 06:29 PM.

Jerzey is offline Member
    How much are you taking?

I always spread it out....

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    i split mine up, once in the morn, once in the afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey
    How much are you taking?

I always spread it out....

50mcg right now but tapering up to 100mcg. Took it a year ago and had good results but my memory is sooooo bad, I cant remember if I split the dose or not

Jerzey is offline Member
    split it, especially when you go up. I've gone up to 125 and I always spread it out. At 50 I'd do one when I wake up and one early afternoon...(I get up early so it's half way through the day for me).

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    50mcg right now but tapering up to 100mcg. Took it a year ago and had good results but my memory is sooooo bad, I cant remember if I split the dose or not
    100mcg? wow...i sweat like mike tyson in a spelling bee on 50mcg/day

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    all at once in the am.. otherwise i get too hot in the evening, and can't sleep..

but that's me..

Example 1
    An example for a 20-day cycle with a max of 100mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Calculate the number of days of each period first (Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period. (.5) means 1/2 a pill or 12.5mcg

UP CONST DOWN
    4 days 6days 10days
    5% 40% 55%
    2 44444444 33222111.5.5.5

An example for a 60-day cycle with a max of 125mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone
    100mcg? wow...i sweat like mike tyson in a spelling bee on 50mcg/day
    I usually just get night sweats on 75 and up. I dont see results until I get to higher doses so I have to deal with it.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytone
    sweat like mike tyson in a spelling bee
    lmao

Jerzey is offline Member
    I dont see results until I get to higher doses so I have to deal with it.
    I'm at 100 now, I feel your pain.....

I usually just get night sweats on 75 and up. I dont see results until I get to higher doses so I have to deal with it.

im seeing results at 50mcg/day, but i am dealing with terrible sweating...it's embarrasing, especially at school...dont even want to know what i would be like at 100mcg

mitch911 is offline Member
    are you guys running AAS with the T3?

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    I am running GH and some AAS right now..

Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    yeah, i would not run t3 without any AAS

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Liquid T3 has a half life of just around 2 hrs.So splitting the dose up as much as possible is a wise idea.When I'm at 100 mcgs,I'll split it in 4 doses.
    Obviously the pill form of Cytomel is better,since pharmacists add agents to slow the absorption rate down.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Liquid T3 has a half life of just around 2 hrs.So splitting the dose up as much as possible is a wise idea.When I'm at 100 mcgs,I'll split it in 4 doses.
    Obviously the pill form of Cytomel is better,since pharmacists add agents to slow the absorption rate down.

~Pinnacle~
    really now??i did not know this...im going to try splitting it into more doses

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    T-3 has a half-life of about a day so all at once is fine. I have also read up to 2.5 days as well.
    Last edited by TheMudMan; 09-22-2005 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    T-3 has a half-life of about a day so all at once is fine. I have also read up to 2.5 days as well.
    Are you sure about the liquid version?I can't remember exactly where I saw a few posts showing the actual times....I know the pill forms half life is long like you stated.I was on a few medical sites that discussed cytomel and docs stated the reason pharmacists add slowing agents is for this reason of a short half life.So why then,would pharmacists slow down a drug that has a long half life as you say?

~Pinnacle~

Are you sure about the liquid version?I can't remember exactly where I saw a few posts showing the actual times....I know the pill forms half life is long like you stated.I was on a few medical sites that discussed cytomel and docs stated the reason pharmacists add slowing agents is for this reason of a short half life.So why then,would pharmacists slow down a drug that has a long half life as you say?

~Pinnacle~
    liothyronine sodium is the chemical used to make Cytomel I don't see why it being suspended in a liquid would have any difference in the way your body would metabolize it. I could be wrong but I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    liothyronine sodium is the chemical used to make Cytomel I don't see why it being suspended in a liquid would have any difference in the way your body would metabolize it. I could be wrong but I just don't see it.
    I understand that MM.I've seen docs on med sites talking to ppl about T3(cytomel )and a few explained that cytomel is quick acting and in and out of your system quick.So pharmacists add slowing agents to this to keep it in thier system longer.So the average pill made,now stays in your system for around 24 hrs or even a little longer.
    My thinking says,well if it's put in solution,it must act quick and be out of your system rapidily.Since no slowing agent was used.Sort of see what I'm getting at?.......I'd like to know for certain myself.Maybe I'll ask on one of those Q & A doc sites.

~Pinnacle~

I understand that MM.I've seen docs on med sites talking to ppl about T3(cytomel )and a few explained that cytomel is quick acting and in and out of your system quick.So pharmacists add slowing agents to this to keep it in thier system longer.So the average pill made,now stays in your system for around 24 hrs or even a little longer.
    My thinking says,well if it's put in solution,it must act quick and be out of your system rapidily.Since no slowing agent was used.Sort of see what I'm getting at?.......I'd like to know for certain myself.Maybe I'll ask on one of those Q & A doc sites.

~Pinnacle~
    That would be a good idea to ask because I have taken both and dosed them the same way and I would like to know for certain.

T-3 is quicker acting then T-4. This is what I have read. I think t-4 has a half-life of close to a week. Maybe that's what you read?

Either way let us know what you find out. Thanks!

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I take mine all at once in the AM before breakfast... Alot of people use to argue with me about that though...

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Great link... Mallet threw his 2c.c.'s in as well.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I take mine all at once in the AM before breakfast... Alot of people use to argue with me about that though...
    Like who?

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

~Pinnacle~

Kitty,

Regardless of type (liquid/tablet) Mud is correct...
    Pharmacokinetics
    Since liothyronine sodium (T3) is not firmly bound to serum protein, it is readily available to body tissues. The onset of activity of liothyronine sodium is rapid, occurring within a few hours. Maximum pharmacologic response occurs within 2 or 3 days, providing early early response. The biological half-life is about 2.5 days.
    - King Pharmaceuticals, Inc

http://www.kingpharm.com/uploads/pdf_inserts/Cytomel_PI.pdf#search='cytomel%20half%20life'

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I do it all in one dosage...

Thread Information