stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member

how can this be...

Ok.. strange question... During my cycle I have lost inches off my waist (at least two places in my belt) but my BF % has gone up like 3-5 %.. Why is this ? Does the machine that measure it give a false reading when on cycle or has the test switched my fat deposits a lil away from the abdominal area??

second question: Am I eating enough if my pants are getting bigger (my waist getting smaller) ? Im a big guy so losing fat is no problem but dont wanna do that on the expense of my cycle..

depdaddy is offline Member
    electronic fat testing devices suck..have some who knows what they are doing do a skin fold test

dep

rhinoman is offline Associate Member
    Unless you are competing, just use the mirror and gauge how you look.....Much more rewarding to me. I hate the scale and the fat scale. If I look better, than I look better ...no matter what any digital readout says.

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    lmao yeah those things are crap most of them are not made for bodybuilders there for skinny ****s you could be 6'1 250 10% bf and it will read you out as 25% body fat depending on the device your using but i have seen one that did a pretty good job on my bf but that is far and few inbetween

~Ga

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Bio-impedence is garbage, I use one on a daily basis at work. They're more of a sales prop then anything. You can easily change variables to alter a persons bodyfat percentage with the adjustment of a single number.
    They're also extremely inaccurate. With the same variables my bodyfat has fluctuated 20% in 2 days. Just stick with calipers, they're the next best thing to hydrostatic. Or better yet, just stick with a mirror as rhinoman mentioned.

depdaddy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    Bio-impedence is garbage, I use one on a daily basis at work. They're more of a sales prop then anything. You can easily change variables to alter a persons bodyfat percentage with the adjustment of a single number.
    They're also extremely inaccurate. With the same variables my bodyfat has fluctuated 20% in 2 days. Just stick with calipers, they're the next best thing to hydrostatic. Or better yet, just stick with a mirror as rhinoman mentioned.
    agreed these things suck ass...when i was a trainer for golds gym we had one..tested several people who were in the teens body fat by skin fold but were 26-28% on that peice of shit

dep

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by depdaddy
    agreed these things suck ass...when i was a trainer for golds gym we had one..tested several people who were in the teens body fat by skin fold but were 26-28% on that peice of shit

dep

They are a good thing though in a way. If ever person in a gym was told they have 12% bf then there wouldnt be nearly as much business in training or nutrition management when that is something that they clearly require.

Schwarz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    Ok.. strange question... During my cycle I have lost inches off my waist (at least two places in my belt) but my BF % has gone up like 3-5 %.. Why is this ? Does the machine that measure it give a false reading when on cycle or has the test switched my fat deposits a lil away from the abdominal area??

second question: Am I eating enough if my pants are getting bigger (my waist getting smaller) ? Im a big guy so losing fat is no problem but dont wanna do that on the expense of my cycle..

What are you running? Is it a bulker or a cutting cycle? How much are you eating and give us some stats...

S

my stats are: 6 foot 1 , 275 lbs (b4 cycle 260) - havent gained any weight in a month now. Strength gains were great up until 2 weeks ago. Now on week 10. Now feeling tired as hell, a lil anxious at times n no energy at gym. Was suspecting that the second half of my gear is bunk but still undecided on that. Last two training sessions in the gym have gone better again so maybe was sumin else. My last 4 sure real deca injection was 2 weeks ago n last for sure test E was 3 weeks ago.

But these symptoms still exist (they came like a week n a half ago): feeling tired, get a lil anxious/depressed , major acne broke ut (it strated to clear up though), get winded way easier than normal, + Im sweating like a pig..

but I havent lost any weight / strength and last two sessions actually went a lil better again. (had only 2 crappy training in between) One thing is for sure though, i aint having the drive I had in weeks 2-8.. is it normal to plateau at this point or is the other batch most likely bunk..

additional facts : I switched from human grade deca to BD decabol (2 weeks ago)and from human grade test E to BD test cypionate (3 weeksw ago)...
    I am really trying to figure out if sumin is wrong or is my gear bunk cause if it is I could go straight to PCT in a week.. My main worry is that I just dont feel the same now as I did 2 weeks ago.. The BD homepage says that the supllier is legit and if they are fakes they are really well made.. Then Im wondering if Im doing sumin else wrong that is causing this tiredness.. I slept the whole day yesterday n Im still tired. I will go to the gym in the evening n then tomorrow n they will prolly also tell me a lil more..

oh yeah n thx 4 te answers in regards to the fat % machines.. not gonna trust em from now on..

Thread Information