BOBBY D is offline Member

B-12 Injectable, How Much To...

I want to buy some human grade b-12 in the AR shop. i see the 30ml 1000mcg/ml bottle, i was wondering what is a regular recommended dose as a beginner. is it daily or weekly. any help will be appreciated.

thanks.

itsdarock is offline Junior Member
    the recommended dose which is also what i take is 1ml=3000mcg

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Im not posative but i think its monthly, my girl used to see weightloss clinic and they would administer it once a month. Its only b-12 though so i would think you could use it EW.,
    dv

Quote Originally Posted by itsdarock
    the recommended dose which is also what i take is 1ml=3000mcg
    sorry 1ml=1000mcg

sorry again,you can take it daily or eod

This should help you:

Editorial

Vitamin B12: injectable versus oral

Vitamin B12 is used therapeutically, both to correct vitamin B12 deficiency and for its apparent pharmacological effects. The vitamin is available in various forms for either oral or parenteral (typically intramuscular) administration. Preparations designed for sublingual or intranasal administration are also available, but they are relatively expensive and there is not much research on their use.

There appears to be some confusion among practitioners of natural medicine about whether oral or intramuscular administration is preferable for patients requiring vitamin B12 therapy. For the treatment of pernicious anemia, either method of treatment is acceptable. Although oral treatment is not common in the United States, as many as 40% of patients in Sweden with pernicious anemia are treated orally. Despite their lack of intrinsic factor and gastric hydrochloric acid, patients with pernicious anemia are capable of absorbing an average of 1.2% of an orally administered dose of cyanocobalamin._1 An oral dose of 100-250 mcg/day will maintain adequate serum vitamin B12 levels in most patients with pernicious anemia, although some patients may require as much as 1,000 mcg/day. Therefore, patients with pernicious anemia who are being treated with oral vitamin B12 are generally advised to take 1,000 mcg/day. For those with newly diagnosed pernicious anemia, some doctors recommend an oral dose of 2,000 mcg/day (or injections) during the first month, in order to replenish body stores.

A year’s supply of 1,000-mcg vitamin B12 tablets costs under $20, which is less than the cost of going to the doctor’s office at least four times a year for injections. On the other hand, patients who are likely to be noncompliant with oral therapy should be seen regularly by a doctor and treated with intramuscular injections.

When vitamin B12 is being used for its pharmacological effects, as in the treatment of fatigue, Bell’s palsy, diabetic neuropathy, subdeltoid bursitis, or asthma, intramuscular injections appear to be preferable to oral administration. Although there is little published research in this area, clinical observations suggest that orally administered vitamin B12 is not particularly effective against these conditions. It appears that supraphysiological serum concentrations are usually needed for vitamin B12 to exert its pharmacological effects, and that these serum concentrations can be achieved only with parenteral administration.

Some writers have argued that vitamin B12 injections are unnecessary, citing a study that claimed oral vitamin B12 (2,000 mcg/day) produces higher serum vitamin B12 levels than intramuscular injections.2_ However, in that study, the serum concentrations were measured one month after the last intramuscular injection was given, whereas the oral doses were being taken daily during that time. Interestingly, although this study was published in a specialty journal (Blood), it contained the following disclaimer: “The publication costs of this article were defrayed in part by page charge payment. This article must therefore be hereby marked ‘advertisement’ in accordance with 18 U.S.C. section 1734 solely to indicate this fact.” Although the study did confirm that oral vitamin B12 is effective for the treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency (including pernicious anemia), it did not compare oral and intramuscular administration with respect to their short-term (1-7 days) effects on serum levels. Consequently, this study cannot be used to justify the claim that oral vitamin B12 produces the same pharmacological effect as does intramuscular vitamin B12.

In summary, experimental and clinical evidence indicate that either oral or parenteral therapy can be used effectively for the treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency. However, when vitamin B12 is being used for its pharmacological effects, in the vast majority of cases only parenteral administration appears to be effective.

dirtyvegas

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    This should help you:

Editorial

Vitamin B12: injectable versus oral

Vitamin B12 is used therapeutically, both to correct vitamin B12 deficiency and for its apparent pharmacological effects. The vitamin is available in various forms for either oral or parenteral (typically intramuscular) administration. Preparations designed for sublingual or intranasal administration are also available, but they are relatively expensive and there is not much research on their use.

There appears to be some confusion among practitioners of natural medicine about whether oral or intramuscular administration is preferable for patients requiring vitamin B12 therapy. For the treatment of pernicious anemia, either method of treatment is acceptable. Although oral treatment is not common in the United States, as many as 40% of patients in Sweden with pernicious anemia are treated orally. Despite their lack of intrinsic factor and gastric hydrochloric acid, patients with pernicious anemia are capable of absorbing an average of 1.2% of an orally administered dose of cyanocobalamin._1 An oral dose of 100-250 mcg/day will maintain adequate serum vitamin B12 levels in most patients with pernicious anemia, although some patients may require as much as 1,000 mcg/day. Therefore, patients with pernicious anemia who are being treated with oral vitamin B12 are generally advised to take 1,000 mcg/day. For those with newly diagnosed pernicious anemia, some doctors recommend an oral dose of 2,000 mcg/day (or injections) during the first month, in order to replenish body stores.

A year’s supply of 1,000-mcg vitamin B12 tablets costs under $20, which is less than the cost of going to the doctor’s office at least four times a year for injections. On the other hand, patients who are likely to be noncompliant with oral therapy should be seen regularly by a doctor and treated with intramuscular injections.

When vitamin B12 is being used for its pharmacological effects, as in the treatment of fatigue, Bell’s palsy, diabetic neuropathy, subdeltoid bursitis, or asthma, intramuscular injections appear to be preferable to oral administration. Although there is little published research in this area, clinical observations suggest that orally administered vitamin B12 is not particularly effective against these conditions. It appears that supraphysiological serum concentrations are usually needed for vitamin B12 to exert its pharmacological effects, and that these serum concentrations can be achieved only with parenteral administration.

Some writers have argued that vitamin B12 injections are unnecessary, citing a study that claimed oral vitamin B12 (2,000 mcg/day) produces higher serum vitamin B12 levels than intramuscular injections.2_ However, in that study, the serum concentrations were measured one month after the last intramuscular injection was given, whereas the oral doses were being taken daily during that time. Interestingly, although this study was published in a specialty journal (Blood), it contained the following disclaimer: “The publication costs of this article were defrayed in part by page charge payment. This article must therefore be hereby marked ‘advertisement’ in accordance with 18 U.S.C. section 1734 solely to indicate this fact.” Although the study did confirm that oral vitamin B12 is effective for the treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency (including pernicious anemia), it did not compare oral and intramuscular administration with respect to their short-term (1-7 days) effects on serum levels. Consequently, this study cannot be used to justify the claim that oral vitamin B12 produces the same pharmacological effect as does intramuscular vitamin B12.

In summary, experimental and clinical evidence indicate that either oral or parenteral therapy can be used effectively for the treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency. However, when vitamin B12 is being used for its pharmacological effects, in the vast majority of cases only parenteral administration appears to be effective.

dirtyvegas
    Didnt help , bump for more answers.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    thanks guys. so i guess 1-2ml per week would be sufficient, unless any other suggestions.

BD

I cant seem to find any studies with any 1 set dosage for Inj b-12, there are a ton of suggested dosages according to your specific needs . You can see here in this link i left:

http://www.wellfx.com/InfoBase/dosages_VitaminB12_.html

@bigguns101 you can chime in whenever you like,,damn post whore...

dv

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    thanks guys. so i guess 1-2ml per week would be sufficient, unless any other suggestions.

BD
    no, like i stated above take 1000mcg ED. That is what i take, and what lion suggests.

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Quote Originally Posted by itsdarock
    no, like i stated above take 1000mcg ED. That is what i take, and what lion suggests.
    I concur

who wants to take a shot of b-12 ed especially on cycle..like being a pin coushion..!!

dv

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    I concur
    I'll second that second.That's how it's done.Plain and simple!

~Pinnacle~

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    who wants to take a shot of b-12 ed especially on cycle..like being a pin coushion..!!

dv
    Use it to cut daily prop injects.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Use it to cut daily prop injects.
    didnt think about that 1..good idea..you also take 1ML ED.?
    dv

didnt think about that 1..good idea..you also take 1ML ED.?
    dv
    Only take that much if I am using daily injects, like fina. I hate prop ester. I do take 1000mcg in a 1ml injectable once per month(doctor prescribed).

100m champ is offline Member
    so oral and liquid b12 are the same dosage, so i would take 1000mcg each week

Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    so oral and liquid b12 are the same dosage, so i would take 1000mcg each week
    well the oral may say take 1000mcg ed but you will not absorb that much. Injections for anemia are 1000mcg ed, eod, or every three days. One injection of b12 for the month would be like taking one 500-1000mcg tablets ed.

Thread Information