powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Is it fine to use 1.5'' needles for thighs?

I always have read about how 1'' is recommended. I just ust 1.5'' but dont go in so far. Is there any danger even if I did go all the way in (similar to a glute injection)?

Also, I seem to bleed more in the quad than the glute but still get no blood when drawing syringe back prior to inject, is this normal? I have read about AASs effectiving bloods ability to clot too

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I always have read about how 1'' is recommended. I just ust 1.5'' but dont go in so far. Is there any danger even if I did go all the way in (similar to a glute injection)?

Also, I seem to bleed more in the quad than the glute but still get no blood when drawing syringe back prior to inject, is this normal? I have read about AASs effectiving bloods ability to clot too
    some guys recommend 1.5 inch for everything... the thought being that u can control how far in the pin goes depending on where u r shooting..
    as far as the quads go, i get alot more blood post shot also when shooting quads... i also seem to hit an area close to a nerve when i shoot quads, but i have gotten use to it.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    i have alittle trick i do bro and its a life saver.. i always get 1.5" pins that i use for glute shots but i also do quad shots so what i do is I take one of the plastic covers that the pin comes in and i cut it in half. then whenever i do a quad shot i slip it back over the pin, it works as a little bumper to make sure i don't go to far in.. just be carefull not to touch the plastic to the pin u don't wanna dull the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheBuckeT21
    i have alittle trick i do bro and its a life saver.. i always get 1.5" pins that i use for glute shots but i also do quad shots so what i do is I take one of the plastic covers that the pin comes in and i cut it in half. then whenever i do a quad shot i slip it back over the pin, it works as a little bumper to make sure i don't go to far in.. just be carefull not to touch the plastic to the pin u don't wanna dull the needle.

kinda like training wheels for your syringe....

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    haha pretty much

Awesome, never thought about that. I never fully insert anything as I have been told its a bad idea in the incident a needle breaks.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Great idea... I posted something similar about 5 months ago, here is the thread:
    Where wouldn't you Stick a 23 1.5

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    EXCELLENT IDEA! I guess you could "fab" one that's a perfect size (so that you always have a full cap to throw your syringe away with) and reuse it? Sterility would be a problem though; perhaps dunking it in isopropyl before each use...? Any thoughts on this?

Awesome, never thought about that. I never fully insert anything as I have been told its a bad idea in the incident a needle breaks.
    Needle breaks are bull shit anyway, I also discussed this before. Everyone I ask to prove me wrong never break one just bend it. Here is that thread... it also talks about the using the cover(maybe that is when I started using the idea?):
    Are 1 1/2" pins too long?

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    EXCELLENT IDEA! I guess you could "fab" one that's a perfect size (so that you always have a full cap to throw your syringe away with) and reuse it? Sterility would be a problem though; perhaps dunking it in isopropyl before each use...? Any thoughts on this?
    I would get some isopropyl and a small container and if you needed to use it, just pull it out use it throw it back in when finished. Only the modified cap. Everything else is to be disposed of properly.

judge_dread is offline Member
    I used 1 1/2" 22G but shit I want 23G with that length too and all the pharmacies here don't have! So I use also 23G 1 1/4" which is a bit shorter (Areas:gluteal-thighs)

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by judge_dread
    I used 1 1/2" 22G but shit I want 23G with that length too and all the pharmacies here don't have! So I use also 23G 1 1/4" which is a bit shorter (Areas:gluteal-thighs)
    dude why i use 25g for all my shots but i don't use winny

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I would get some isopropyl and a small container and if you needed to use it, just pull it out use it throw it back in when finished. Only the modified cap. Everything else is to be disposed of properly.
    Sounds like a plan.

Also, I normally draw from one pin (18 - 23g) and do my injections with a 25g. My winny goes smooth through an insulin needle. I feel bad for the bro's using a low-guage for that crap... ED sucks enough, let alone with a 22g. lol. Suckers!

What's the highest gauge an oil base can be draw and injected through?

shredderNK is offline New Member
    i always use 23g 1.5 inch pins for quads, and push it in all the way with no problems, and my quads arent even super big

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I always push in all the way. I always assumed that the further in you could get it the better so its deeper in and you prolly worry less about some leaking out of the injection site. As long as it doesnt hurt and you dont aspirate blood go as far as you want.

-Bino

Needle breaks are bull shit anyway, I also discussed this before. Everyone I ask to prove me wrong never break one just bend it. Here is that thread... it also talks about the using the cover(maybe that is when I started using the idea?):
    Are 1 1/2" pins too long?

i agree 100%... i go all the way in. there is no way a needle is gonna break off in u... those fukers r tuff... all they do is bend..

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Unless you're total lard ass you can use 1" 25g for everything.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Yeah, I ONLY use 25g - unless I can use a slin pin ... like growth or winny... Sometimes crappy gear doesn't flow smoothly through a 25

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Isnt 25 hell? I mean doesnt it dispense so slowly out of the barrel?
    I love 22's, just the right size.

-Bino

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Isnt 25 hell? I mean doesnt it dispense so slowly out of the barrel?
    I love 22's, just the right size.

-Bino
    i like the fact that it keeps me from injecting too fast... i can get 1.5 cc's done in about 30 seconds with a 25g.. that's fast enuff for me..

judge_dread is offline Member
    25G for oils? wow I def give it a try...I thought 23G were the appropriate.

Pimp_C is offline Associate Member

I use 23g 1" pins for my thighs, that way I can push the pin all the way down. 1.5" are ok for thighs, but make sure that you stay at the same position, because if you were to asperate when it was in 1", then accidentally push it in another .25" when injecting, you risk hitting a vein. I would recommed that you use your 1.5" pins to shoot in the ass, and use 1" for thighs, that way there is not much room for error.

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Unless you're total lard ass you can use 1" 25g for everything.
    Or have alot of muscle... 1.5" can go deeper for better absorbsion, as well as have less chance of hitting veins.

oceanrun is offline Junior Member
    i always use 23g 1.1/4 inch pins for quads

Is that to short?

Quote Originally Posted by oceanrun
    i always use 23g 1.1/4 inch pins for quads

Is that to short?
    no its fine.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I use 1.5's for everything. Just don't stick them in all the way for delts.

Thanks for the replys. Does smaller pins (higher gauges) reduce any pain post shot? I wouldn't think it would make a difference, since the pain is from the oil sitting in the muscle right there and becoming a little inflammed, right?

oceanrun is offline Junior Member
    no its fine.

Ops I mean 22 1 1/4 sorry. Also ok for your ass?

Thanks for the replys. Does smaller pins (higher gauges) reduce any pain post shot? I wouldn't think it would make a difference, since the pain is from the oil sitting in the muscle right there and becoming a little inflammed, right?
    as long as u are not jiggling the needle around during the shot i don't think gauge will have much effect on pain post shot... unless u decide to go with an 18g cannon over a 25g pin... i like the 25g's, figure the less scar tissue the better...plus it helps slow my shot down...

I use 1.5" pins on my quads but I leave .5" out.

Thread Information