slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member

can cops do this?

if your house gets raided and you have all you gear in a safe, are they allowed to open the safe, or are they required to get a warrant or another warrant to open it? i'm just trying to cover myself if the worst were ever to happen. what's the safest thing to do? thx

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    If your place gets raided they are already gonna have a warrant and they will turn your place inside out if they want too...including your safe.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    i thought u need a seperate warrent for a safe?...thats what i have been told

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    depends on what the search warrent is for. if its for juice then yeah, but if it was for a shotgun or something large that is obvious that wouldnt fit in the safe then no.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    With a warrant, ain't nuthin' "safe".

~SC~

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    ok that's what i thought, any advice in this possible situation, or are you basically fuked if your house isn't clean and it gets raided

Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    i thought u need a seperate warrent for a safe?...thats what i have been told
    Depends on your location.

msu16366 is offline Member
    You can always leave your stash somewhere else.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    also depends on the opening mech of the safe...wehther keypad or dial turner

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Anything that is located at the address the warrant specifiies is subject to search unless it clearly exceeds the scope of the search's objective. Basically, if you are doing a multitude of illegal activities, instead of just ordering contraband to your home address, then it's possible they'll search your house and not have a warrant for the safe. But, if it's JUST for AAS, I guaranTEE you they will have legal rights to access it - and if they don't ... don't worry, they'll take it WITH them until they DO have the right to, and open it up later.

Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    You can always leave your stash somewhere else.
    You wouldn't feel guilty if doing so involved an uninvolved party? And anyway, not like they'd not fess up whose it is ... I mean, if they think you are doing it because they are watching YOU, well, they'll figure it out. If they think that the guy you buy from on the net is doing it, they'll go to the house it gets delivered to, or the PO box of the person who owns it, or they'll subpoena the IP address from of the person who ordered from the UGL that hypothetically got busted, and go from there... and if you think your safe because you use a cyber-rights account ... if it's a felony, they have a warrant for that, and cyber-rights DOESN"T object ... they just encrypt sh1t for you ... and let you sign up with out PRE-posting your info... but when they are OBLIGATED to give it... they do. And if you think your anonymouse at that point... well, only if you only log in via an internet cafe that's FREE (otherwise they might get your billing method) AND, during that single IP duration, if you have a PATTERN of places YOU go to where your Identity IS known, and the timings line up, it still identifies you... I could go on and on... YOU ARE NOT ANONYMOUS! Unless you get wireless access and never doing anything during that single session that is related to who you are, ... then maybe. maybe. But there's probably some other signature of your ID.

Paranoia will destroy you.

msu16366 is offline Member
    I guess there is always a risk,

You're funny dude. It's not paranoia... I don't think about this all the time - I am just resolved to the REALITY that governs us..

Remember? Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it DOESN'T go away.

I have ACCEPTED this, as we all do... hoping that we can be relatively safe from the legal risks as we are not doing this as a business. But our safety precautions of getting charged and prosectured mainly revolve around the assumption that they aren’t interested in pursuing a “steroid user” as opposed to the “steroid dealer.” This by no means indicates that ONLY some of us COULD be caught. We have ALL left tracks some where. We have ALL taken unnecessary risks. We have ALL been "lucky" in some way.

So, shrpskn, word to your mother.
    Last edited by Two4the$$; 09-25-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    So, shrpskn, word to your mother.
    My response was not directed at you. It was a generalized response. What I do, you do, he does, she does, and they do is their own business. I was simply stating a fact undirected at anybody. I don't need your rhetoric to know what risks are involved in the game.
    Again, I was simply stating a fact.

Peace.

P.S. My Mother died 11 years ago.

Shrpskn ... I absolutely wasn't making a real statement about your mother in any way. I was simply cutting through the bullsh1t. And I was a bit unsure whether you were directing that at me ... but in any case...! This thread doesn't seem paranoid in origin or response. Just rightfully concerned.

Peace also dude... no disrespect. I assure you it was all fun and games on my part. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Shrpskn ... I absolutely wasn't making a real statement about your mother in any way. I was simply cutting through the bullsh1t. And I was a bit unsure whether you were directing that at me ... but in any case...! This thread doesn't seem paranoid in origin or response. Just rightfully concerned.

Peace also dude... no disrespect. I assure you it was all fun and games on my part. :-)
    After all said... no disrespect taken.

Peace bro.....again.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Florida Law states they must have a seperate warrant to open the safe..

"This is why floor safes, wall safes, and lock boxes are such a pain in cops asses! Arguably they require separate warrants if they were not described in the initial warrant. Granted, it doesn't take too long for the cops to get those new warrants since most modern squad cards have printers hooked up to a computer that can print out valid warrants faxed or phoned in from a magistrate. "

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    Florida Law states they must have a seperate warrant to open the safe..

"This is why floor safes, wall safes, and lock boxes are such a pain in cops asses! Arguably they require separate warrants if they were not described in the initial warrant. Granted, it doesn't take too long for the cops to get those new warrants since most modern squad cards have printers hooked up to a computer that can print out valid warrants faxed or phoned in from a magistrate. "
    This is all true. I must add, police officers "think ahead" and they actually sometimes have warrants for the "safes" ahead of time,just in case they stumble across one in the actual raid.

Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    This is all true. I must add, police officers "think ahead" and they actually sometimes have warrants for the "safes" ahead of time,just in case they stumble across one in the actual raid.
    Yup... and that all goes back to the scope of the search ... and how many things wrong you're actually doing... lol.

Thread Information