Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BOBBY D is offline Member
    I THINK we all should carry a copy of the bill of rights in our glove compartments, & read it out loud when u get stopped by a cop. lol

Kawliga2380 is offline New Member
    Not meaning to come across as a condescending asshole, but I always love listening to those who do not understand the law. I am about to graduate law school, and I have read those books that thegodfather was quoting when I was in pre-law. They are more designed to assist those in law enforcement than in actual application of the law within our judicial system.

Miranda rights only have to be read to a suspect before a custodial interrogation, other than that the police dont have to read you your rights.

The reason the cops can search your car without a warrant and only upon a finding of probable cause is that the Supreme Court in Terry v. Ohio held that due to the mobility of an automobile there was more of a need to make immediate searches, and if it an officer had to wait for a warrant issues of unreasonable seizure arise.

Even if a cop comes into your house due to a disturbance or emergency call, he can only arrest you for contraband that is in plain sight. If it is in a safe, drawer, etc. it is inadmissible b/c a dead body will not be hidden in an office desk. PLAIN SIGHT IS THE KEY

If they have a warrant you are pretty much screwed, but there is still some hope.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    I THINK we all should carry a copy of the bill of rights in our glove compartments, & read it out loud when u get stopped by a cop. lol
    I think we should learn them... That way we know what we are loosing or protecting.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    I don't want to seem like I hate cops, in fact I get along well with most of them. Even when being arrested I usually have a few laughs with the arresting officer. Generally because I know I'm guilty and knew the consequences so I just had to accept them. The cops which I despise are the ones who work in jails. They are some of the lowest slime of society. I've seen them do many a despicable thing, and most of them should be locked in the cells they guard.
    I CAN VOUCH FOR THAT. i saw some crap when i was in for a day. fu* them

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawliga2380
    Not meaning to come across as a condescending asshole, but I always love listening to those who do not understand the law. I am about to graduate law school, and I have read those books that thegodfather was quoting when I was in pre-law. They are more designed to assist those in law enforcement than in actual application of the law within our judicial system.

Miranda rights only have to be read to a suspect before a custodial interrogation, other than that the police dont have to read you your rights.

The reason the cops can search your car without a warrant and only upon a finding of probable cause is that the Supreme Court in Terry v. Ohio held that due to the mobility of an automobile there was more of a need to make immediate searches, and if it an officer had to wait for a warrant issues of unreasonable seizure arise.

Even if a cop comes into your house due to a disturbance or emergency call, he can only arrest you for contraband that is in plain sight. If it is in a safe, drawer, etc. it is inadmissible b/c a dead body will not be hidden in an office desk. PLAIN SIGHT IS THE KEY

If they have a warrant you are pretty much screwed, but there is still some hope.
    I dropped you an email since you cant recieve PMs yet...

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    This is not true, in MOST police cars in the United States now days, when the overhead light rack is turned on, it initiates the videocamera in the front window of the police car, and turns on a microphone that the officer wears which records all audio during the stop. I know this for a fact, because I sued a police officer for harassment and they reviewed the video&audio from the stop. However, if your stopped in a small town that cant afford that kind of equipment in their vehicles, I guess your fucked...
    Well dont say that its not true, b/c you are contradicting yourself in the last sentence that in small towns...etc. And that doesnt only happen in small towns, it happens in larger cities as well, not all of them but personally I know one city that not every cruiser has a mounted camera and/or microphone(and its a rather large city)

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    Well dont say that its not true, b/c you are contradicting yourself in the last sentence that in small towns...etc. And that doesnt only happen in small towns, it happens in larger cities as well, not all of them but personally I know one city that not every cruiser has a mounted camera and/or microphone(and its a rather large city)
    I apologize...I believe the point I was trying to get across was that if you are lucky enough to have these installed in your towns police vehicles, or the town that stops you, it keeps the officer much more by the book, then straying off and really taking a shit on your rights.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    I apologize...I believe the point I was trying to get across was that if you are lucky enough to have these installed in your towns police vehicles, or the town that stops you, it keeps the officer much more by the book, then straying off and really taking a shit on your rights.
    Hey no problem bro not trying to flame you. I understand your point. Just that I posted a while ago( on some topic), I wasnt too "explicit" and people started jumping all over me.(practically had to write a book of my explanation) Just watching out bro.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    bro i love the post, but in my experience , when i said no, (a few times) the cop just said he "smelled weed" and i dont even smoke weed and never had it in my car, anyway he brought back up and the other cop arrived and had is back in the lie and that right there gave them the right to search.....I was pulled over for no front license plate and he said is kool ill let it go, then he came back and said he needed to search my car before he let me go and i said i didnt think it was nescessary, do you? and he got offended by that, then he claimed he smelled weed. End of story was they found nothing at all and i end up getting the fvckin no front license plate ticket anyway..

on another ocassion i said no you couldnt search my car and the guy had a dog walkin around my car 15 minutes later....the cop that was walking the dog just said the dog smelled somthing because he could ,they all have eachothers backs. The dog didnt make a noise at all didnt stop the whole time and there was not 1 indication that the dog smelled somthing..they searched anyway...

another time they say they would have a warrent within 1 hr if i didnt let em and this was after the other 2 times and i just gave up that time and said yeah, even though i felt offended casue i was a kid driving a cadillac all pimped out that looked like a drud dealers car and i knew that, and thats why i was trying to defend my rights the previous 2 times.

so in all they never found anything cause i dont sell drugs or keep them in my car..
    They just wanted to harass me. They can search your car if they want to regardless if you like it or not.

dv

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Two words Cam Corder... ok, that was one word...

Sanecrazy is offline Associate Member
    A very informative thread

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james21
    Almost anything the dog does can be considered a "hit"

yep and thats exactly what happend to me...

also on another note i had a cop one time tell me cause he was my next door neighbor that if you know you are doing somthing wrong and your gonna open the door and tell the officer he needs a warrant before he enters he will lie and make up some excuse for a resone to search and stick his foot in the door so you cannot close it then when you try to resit and shut the door thats connisered "assault on an office" and they come in anyway and find what you were hiding.... so in this being said my friend the cop my neighbor advised me to never open the door to an office not even to speak to them and tell them they need a warrant nothining, cause if you open the door your just inviting them in....Never open the door not even to see the fed-ex guys with the cops with him,just let them knock and they will leave.

you have more rights in your house then in your car. in your car you have no rights.

dv
    Last edited by dirtyvegas; 09-26-2005 at 07:15 PM.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    popos are assholes, thanx Symatech

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    If gear is the issue at hand, it should be locked away in the glove box with no other types of drugs. Usually the next step an officer takes after being denied consent to search is to call for a K-9 unit, and we all know dogs cant smell out gear. So if the dog doesnt react after he has been walked around the vehicle that only benefits your case even more. However, some K-9 officers train their dog to react over nothing giving them the probable cause they would need.

Here is my way of thinking and not sure if it would work but its how i transport my stuff.. I package it in a USPS box sealed with label and postage. From what i know they cant open the package without a federal search warrant.. so you tell them you arent gonna open the box its your moms ebay collectibles and they are wrapped tight. your not rewrapping them. if they insist something is in there tell them bring the dogs and their supervisor. also, i think a lock box can be utilized. they need a warrant to open a safe even if they have the warrnt to search home or car.. this is the best way i can think of.

zeroyon is offline New Member
    One thing I know about cops, is that if they really have a hard on for you... You in for at the very least a few days of misery.... If they do find gear in your car, your probably screwed...and remember ANYTHING YOU SAY, CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU... So don't say nuthin....

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    good read, wish my friend had this article before he got busted

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Bump for you's who aint tangled with the law much!!

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    Here is my way of thinking and not sure if it would work but its how i transport my stuff.. I package it in a USPS box sealed with label and postage. From what i know they cant open the package without a federal search warrant.. so you tell them you arent gonna open the box its your moms ebay collectibles and they are wrapped tight. your not rewrapping them. if they insist something is in there tell them bring the dogs and their supervisor. also, i think a lock box can be utilized. they need a warrant to open a safe even if they have the warrnt to search home or car.. this is the best way i can think of.
    Bro, you are aware that mail is ONLY protected while in the "custody" of the USPS. In other words, just b/c you have a USPS stamp/letters or whatever else...it is not under USPS purview until it is placed into a mailbox or it is at the post office or in the mail-carrier's bag, etc....Once out of the mailbox or before placing it into the mailbox...it is not under USPS purview. Postal Inspectors have no jurisdiction over it, the local PD might if your package is stolen...where it will be treated like any other stolen item.

kolaking is offline Associate Member
    Don't ever say a damn thing to the police!!! They will do anything to scare you at that moment. they don't or can't know what the hell they can do to you because they are not judges. There are so many thing that can happen by their fault, put of trials as long as possible and keep moving up to higher courts even if you do plan on pleading guilty. Once i was set for the next higher court and the asses had 2 weeks to turn in the paperwork for it. guess what they made it by 1 day but through the genious of my lawyer he could see on the back that it had been altered to that date, thats illegal and case dismisssed!!! Let them try to fuck there own self up, sometimes they will. KK.

qw1ck2 is offline Junior Member
    sticky this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information