ojsmoothy is offline Junior Member

t3 while off cycle

I want to use T3 to cut my bf% (I am at 22 want to be below 16) but can't use any gear as I will be taking an extreme blood test that tests for anything and everything. I also can't use Clen as my body doesn't respond well to it whenever it is dosed over 40mcg, which is barely enough to do anything. What can I do naturally (ie diet, workouts, supps) to keep from losing lean mass?

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    at 22% bf....there is no need for any T3....Cardio and diet will do it.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Workout keep your protein intake high..Your going to lose muscle when on t3 off cycle regardless..The question is how much...

Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    at 22% bf....there is no need for any T3....Cardio and diet will do it.
    I agree..T3 is meant for those finishing touches...

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    i concur, your not really going to see any changes, a good diet and moderate cardio will get you a long way.

I am using T3 at this point as I am on a deadline, and my body likes to be at 22%, its a genetic thing as far as I can tell. I can run 4 miles without being winded, I can do pullups til the cows come home, I just can't cut the bf. I have been on almost every diet plan there is, including ones form this forum and have never gotten below 20%. Thats why I am going to use T3, I am just hoping to keep my strength up. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by ojsmoothy
    Does that make sense?
    NO

Have you been to the doctor and had your thyroid tested?

what were your tsh levels?

are you doing cardio on any empty stomach?

I do cardio every morning on an empty stomache, and I haven't had my thyroid tested as I don't feel I have a slow metabolism. I do gain weight farely easily but that is my bodytype, mesendomorph. 20% has always been a sticking point for me and I want to break through it. ECA doesn't even get me below 20%. I feel like T3 with a fat burner (since I can't use clen ) would be the next step.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I am using T3 at this point as I am on a deadline, and my body likes to be at 22%, its a genetic thing as far as I can tell. I can run 4 miles without being winded, I can do pullups til the cows come home, I just can't cut the bf. I have been on almost every diet plan there is, including ones form this forum and have never gotten below 20%. Thats why I am going to use T3, I am just hoping to keep my strength up. Does that make sense?
    How clean is your diet? What do you eat and when do you eat? Losing bf starts with diet, plain and simple. Don't supp t3 on your own if you suspect you may have a thyroid problem. Let the blood test come back and go from there.

I do cardio every morning on an empty stomache, and I haven't had my thyroid tested as I don't feel I have a slow metabolism. I do gain weight farely easily but that is my bodytype, mesendomorph. 20% has always been a sticking point for me and I want to break through it. ECA doesn't even get me below 20%. I feel like T3 with a fat burner (since I can't use clen) would be the next step.
    You have to take anabolics (test preferred) with t3 or you'll be fatter with less muscle. How would you like that? The amount of muscle you carry dictates your resting metabolic rate. Do you lift reguraly? Get your blood checked for hypothyrodism.

you havent had your thyroid tested, but you want to tke medication for it. how are you going to monitor if you have fully recovered if you do not know where you started. How do you know you do not have hypothyroidism? Are you at least monitoring your resting temp?

I am not trying to be hard on you...but t3 is not some stacker pill. It can really mess you up if you do not know what you are doing....Trust me.

I would only take it as a last resort.

If nothing else worked for me, I would enroll in Swolecats plan. WWW.GOTSWOLE.COM or WWW.VIZUALXCELLENCE.COM If that did not work...and I cannot see it not working as long as you follow his directions to a T. Then maybe consider T3.

I follow a CKD diet to the extreme, no more than 30 g of carbs a day, 2500 calories a day. On weekends I eat oatmeal, brown rice, and fruit for carb-ups. From what I have read on the tutorials here, T3 takes your existing metabolism and speeds it up, if my metabolism is biased towards fat for fuel would this not result in more fat loss? The body burns glucose, fat, and protein in that order. Assuming that one is consuming an adequate ammount of fat.

Is there anyone out there who has used T3 while having a "higher" bf%?

If you are only consuming 30g of carbs a day...you are not following most of the advise of the board...I can only asume you haven't even read the "unoffical how to cut thread"

My PWO shake has more than 30g carbs in it alone....and those are pure sugar carbs.

I follow a CKD diet to the extreme, no more than 30 g of carbs a day, 2500 calories a day. On weekends I eat oatmeal, brown rice, and fruit for carb-ups. From what I have read on the tutorials here, T3 takes your existing metabolism and speeds it up, if my metabolism is biased towards fat for fuel would this not result in more fat loss? The body burns glucose, fat, and protein in that order. Assuming that one is consuming an adequate ammount of fat.
    Something isnt right here with this diet you should be paper thin...

I will experiment for a week and test my bf%, I understand that the thyroid can bounce back rather quickly so I guess I will have to find out first hand what it is like. I appreciate the advice guys. I will post my results here.

I will experiment for a week and test my bf%, I understand that the thyroid can bounce back rather quickly so I guess I will have to find out first hand what it is like. I appreciate the advice guys. I will post my results here.
    Why don't you have the doctor test your thyroid function and get it correctly presribed (if even needed) with a co-pay only? I doubt your diet is always strict otherwise you have to lose. If you're going to diet to lose a good amount of bf it's a 24/7 comittment. How much cardio do you do in your target heart range on a regular schedule?

I'm sorry, I worked in the health industry way too long to believe "genetically" somebody can't do something about their body composition. It's fail safe (less hypothyrodism) if you follow the diet and excercise routine. Every overweight person I talked to had a problem with sticking to diet, plain and simple. I'm so sick of us Americans looking for the short cut to everything. It's embarassing.

BTW, you live about 80 miles south of me in Olympia.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 09-25-2005 at 01:31 AM.

I am doing more research on this, I am not jumping the gun. I appreciate the advice you all have given me. Don't want to lose all my muscle. BTW, found out thyroid is fine and bf is only 17% not 22%, don't know if that changes things regarding T3 usage or not.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    I am doing more research on this, I am not jumping the gun. I appreciate the advice you all have given me. Don't want to lose all my muscle. BTW, found out thyroid is fine and bf is only 17% not 22%, don't know if that changes things regarding T3 usage or not.
    What EXACTLY do you want to know about T3? Just simple background? The dosage amount, recovery aspect after using T3, or what? If you want the whole 9 yards then you can do some simple searches on T3. If you can't find any, let me know and I can post or send via PM some great articles I saved on T3. It will clear up anything you want to know.

Knight1811

Charged_UP is offline Associate Member
    make sure u use t3 correctly or u will need to pop them for the rest of ur vida if u mess with ur thyroid. Use ephedrine instead of clen unless they test for that stuff too.
    T3 is cheap, take it correctly and see if it works its not like its going to be a big kick to the wallet. Good luck bro

Thanks Charged-Up

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are RUNNING 4 miles on empty for cardio in the morning, it's no wonder u aren't losing fat. You are running off ALL of your lean muscle tissue, not tapping into fat stores at all, and the more lean mass you lose, the slower the metabolism.

~SC~

Will protein pre-cardio prevent catabolism?

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Will protein pre-cardio prevent catabolism?

Hey bro, another great read regarding T3. The study listed by Hooker should give some great insight. It is similar to what Raver was suggesting that the tyroid does not shut down from T3 use.

longest Cytomel (T3) cycle ?

Enjoy.

Knight1811

Thread Information