amature225 is offline Associate Member

Gained 30 pounds!!

I gained 30 pounds in the first 8 weeks of my 400mg test and 300 mg deca cycle (10 weeks total, but last 2 weeks didn't show much gain).

What would your guys best guess be for how much weight I will be able to retain of that gain? I was about 160, now about 190. 25 years old. Work out 4 times a week pretty hard. Good diet, and I will do all that I can to keep on it after the cycle.

Just curious if I am looking at keeping only 10 pounds of it, or more like 20 pounds. Also, if I put on a little fat in my mid-area during this cycle.. will that easily go away.. or will I have to work that off?

thanks for any guesses! I will keep everyone updated.

Pimp_C is offline Associate Member
    if you gained 30 lbs off of test and deca , just stay in the gym and you can expect to keep 20lbs or more of this, most of the weight you will lose is going to be water. Just keep your diet in check, and you can expect to keep 65-80% of your weight, depending on your body. Nice gains though, just don't let up, and get some supplements for off cycle. Good Luck.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Started the cycle, a stack no doubt, at 160 lbs, huh? Are you 5' tall or shorter?

speak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    Started the cycle, a stack no doubt, at 160 lbs, huh? Are you 5' tall or shorter?
    ? I was 5'10" 155lbs out of high school. Now I'm about 201lbs

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    u got clomid right? if not get some asap, then u will be able to keep a majority of ur gains. and u will have to work off the fat

Quote Originally Posted by speak
    ? I was 5'10" 155lbs out of high school. Now I'm about 201lbs
    You've used gear as a sorry excuse not to train natural and eat right to grow.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    How do you figure this opinion of yours to be an educated one? I graduated at 135 lbs, and I have lifted and eaten right for over 6 years now and weigh around 200. Post up your stats and/or pictures, love to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    How do you figure this opinion of yours to be an educated one? I graduated at 135 lbs, and I have lifted and eaten right for over 6 years now and weigh around 200. Post up your stats and/or pictures, love to see them.
    I was 145 at the beginning of this year. I am 190-195 right now. Still don't know how to train proper, but I'm learning from a good PL in the area right now.

Never done a cycle.

If you've lifted and eaten right and gone from 135 lbs to 200 lbs, then that's great.

I you were 145 and went to 195, that is A Lot of fat gained. What did your diet consist of? How much of your weight gained was muscle? I was not upset about your comment, but it is hard to judge someones progress without knowing more about the situation. I have no idea what Speak's diet, training or cycle experience is/was, So wouldn't you say it's hard to critique him?

Apologize for the hijack, For Amature225. You need to get your PCT in order, and really concentrate on your diet and training to maintain your gains. Count on 15-20lbs kept as a good goal.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    5 10 160 is skinny bro u coulda eatn right and trained hard to 180...then ud be around 210 now with a solid base

I you were 145 and went to 195, that is A Lot of fat gained. What did your diet consist of? How much of your weight gained was muscle?
    It is really damn hard to know for sure, but bf% isn't that much different from what it was at 145 lbs. It is higher, yes, but not all that much. Most of the gains were LBM.

I used to be on a calorie restricted diet. I changed to a high calorie, high protein, high complex carb, low sugar, pretty low fat diet.

Easy gains come when you first get your diet and whatnot in order. I got to 185 pretty easy. The climb to 190-195 has taken just as long as the climb from 145 to 185.

I was not upset about your comment, but it is hard to judge someones progress without knowing more about the situation. I have no idea what Speak's diet, training or cycle experience is/was, So wouldn't you say it's hard to critique him?
    You are correct that I jumped to a bit of a conclusion. It is possible that his training and diet were good and he was putting up some good numbers prior to starting that cycle. But I'm extremely skeptical. I figured 99% chance he needed more training and better diet, so I asserted as such. If I'm wrong, then I'm happy for him to come back and correct me.

His age is another indication that he jumped on the gear too soon. So is that fact that he did a stack for his first cycle.

Hey, I met a guy that is only 175 lbs last week and he damn strong; 600+ lbs for deads, etc. So yeah, it is possible.

But damn, 160 lbs at 5'10"....that's just so damn small.

Good for you, I just find it near impossible to put on 40-50lbs of muscle in under a year. I am sure that almost half would be fat. Sometimes it is hard to tell unless you have the appropriate BF calipers to see. Then again, I'm just jumping to conclusions... Post up some before after pics.

I never said I used gear to get where I am. I'm 34 now, graduated at 17. I admit my diet could have been much better over the years but if you saw my frame I don't think you would say I was underacheiving.

I have done a couple of cycles but the only one I did correctly was last summer. I went from about 190 to 205.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    It's a lot of water if he's using test. He'll keep 10-15lbs after the water shed. First time user, sure. That's when you see the most dramatic gains in your life. I gained 20lbs on my first sustanon cycle and kept 10lbs.

speak: I posted a message about amature225 and then you replied with your stats, and I confused the two of you. My bad.

Vegas67 is offline Member
    10-15 lbs...like Seattle said...of quality muscle. Dont overtrain when you are in PCT or it will melt off even faster.

marqui678 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas67
    10-15 lbs...like Seattle said...of quality muscle. Dont overtrain when you are in PCT or it will melt off even faster.
    Also dont worry about the fat, if you drop your calories youll lose tons of muscle as well.

speak: I posted a message about amature225 and then you replied with your stats, and I confused the two of you. My bad.
    I was confused also why anyone would care about his stats in Amature's thread. Who knows?

No prob, bro. The only reason I gave my stats is because it seemed like you didn't believe someone could weigh 160 and not be short. I guess I just needed someone to talk to

No prob, bro. The only reason I gave my stats is because it seemed like you didn't believe someone could weigh 160 and not be short.
    Oh. Well, I knew that, but my statement was a lame way of saying that he didn't have much muscle on him before he started his cycle.
    I guess I just needed someone to talk to
    We're here for you.

amature225: Let us know how much of that weight you keep.

amature225 is offline Associate Member
    thanks for the heads up guys. Also, how long of a break is good between cycles? I am guessing I would just change up a 2nd cycle a little. Maybe bump up the test to 500mg, and keep the deca at 300mg?

any other good ideas?
    I will post what gains I am able to keep.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amature225
    thanks for the heads up guys. Also, how long of a break is good between cycles? I am guessing I would just change up a 2nd cycle a little. Maybe bump up the test to 500mg, and keep the deca at 300mg?

any other good ideas?
    I will post what gains I am able to keep.
    Time off=Time on+PCT

Time off technically starts at the end of your PCT. Some people choose to ignore that fact.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm so sick of getting bloated. I had to drop creatine out because it just bloats the hell out of me and gives me hypertension headaches. I wish I could use it but I just can't. My diet is clean too. Creatine is good stuff, especially when natty. I just can't have any.....bahhhhahahah

chest6 is offline Banned
    Id say youd be doin good to keep 20..maybe a hair more

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    why are some of you guys talkin sh1t here... the guy got some great gains! He made his own choice to start, no need to preach what he should or shouldn't do... helpful advice on his pct is all he wanted..

Power Viking is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slitsoul13
    why are some of you guys talkin sh1t here... the guy got some great gains! He made his own choice to start, no need to preach what he should or shouldn't do... helpful advice on his pct is all he wanted..
    Major ditto!

good job gaining the 30 lbs. make sure you dp pct & that it is timed correctly 21 days after the last deca shot. if you do that and eat a lot and keep lifting, you'll keep alot of your size

and dont forget to run your test a week longer than the deca

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    a great way to keep as much gains as possible while losing lots of fat after a cycle is to run clenbuterol . i always run this after every cycle. I managed to lose about 20 pounds in two weeks while keeping damn near all my gains after my 2nd, 3rd and 4th cycle. i didn't accomplish this at the end of my first cycle because i kept eating lots of food even after my cycle was over. clen is great, but unfortuneately its pretty bad for your heart

Thread Information