Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member

Blonde moment, but....

I'm totally having a blonde moment, but I just want to be sure of something before I do it. My calf is swollen to the point where it looks like my quad. I'm thinking of going to the doctor to have it looked at, if they need to run some blood tests, there'd be no way they'd find anything in my blood unless they were looking for it, correct? Like I said, I'm having a blonde moment, I'm just concerned about my leg and want to be sure I'm be cautious.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    did u inject into your calf????

Yes I did, I think it might somehow have gotten infected. I cleaned everything like always, but it's never swelled up like this and I inject there a lot.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What did you inject?

~SC~

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I had an infection in my calf. did you shave the injection site? It's somewhat common apparently, I think doc m called it subcutaneous follicle infection as in the pin took a bit of hair in the muscle and got infected. I never inject calves anymore. go to the doc and they will put you on antibiotics. chances are they won't even do a blood test, many docs these days just look at it and hand over a script. if you don't want to tell him about juice you can claim b12 but they'll probably know better.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    bro from what i have read calves just are not worth it... crappy blood flow and very painful...

I injected test E and tren . They really aren't painful, but apparantly they do get infected easily. As for shaving, I keep my legs shaved, but there might have been stubble or something.

Also, I just want to also add that this is not my first injection into this spot. I've done this a lot, but this is the first time this has ever happened. I've hit nerves in there before, but they never swelled up, just aggrevated me for a day or so. I cleaned the spot, the vial and used a new needle as well just in case anyone asks

Quote Originally Posted by Billyspt4
    Also, I just want to also add that this is not my first injection into this spot. I've done this a lot, but this is the first time this has ever happened. I've hit nerves in there before, but they never swelled up, just aggrevated me for a day or so. I cleaned the spot, the vial and used a new needle as well just in case anyone asks
    no you need to see a doc and get on antibiotics. I would bet good money it's infected. I injected there many times and then once it just started to swell. By the time I went to the doctor the swelling was all the way up my leg to my hip. I couldn't even put my foot in my shoe I had to wear sandals. I've hit a nerve (once) before also, and this doesn't sound like the typical reaction. Even though we use textbook procedure when injecting there is always the chance for infection regardless of what anyone tells you. 100% sterility does not exist outside a clean room. So get yourself to a doc. You'll be ok

Thanks man, I'm going to go see one later today. How long do you think it will be for the swelling to go down? Keep in mind this is day 5 of it being swollen

gaa9679572 is offline Associate Member
    symantech, good call on claiming its a b12 injection, never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyspt4
    Thanks man, I'm going to go see one later today. How long do you think it will be for the swelling to go down? Keep in mind this is day 5 of it being swollen
    my swelling (which was quite extensive) started to subside after I think 3 days on antibiotics. After about 7 days it was gone, but even when your symptoms are gone be sure to finish all the medication. If you have to take 10 days of augmentin for example, but you are better after 5 days, continue to take it the rest of the time.

The B12 thing would be good until they ask why I'm just not taking it orally, but I'm not even going to mention a shot. I figured they can look at my leg and figure there is an infection

Thread Information