Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bp too high??

eshestun is offline Associate Member

bp too high??

hey guys just checked my bp and its 148/72. im bout to start my 5th week out of 12 weks of test e 500mg 2 times a week. im taking 20mg of nolv. and .25 of idex. i drink a lot of water.

is that a little high or what??
    Last edited by eshestun; 09-28-2005 at 08:05 PM.

big_C is offline Member
    Medical guidelines state that a normal blood pressure for most adults is less than 120/80 mm Hg. If your blood pressure is above 140/90 mm Hg, you have high blood pressure. I saw a really nice home bp monitor...cheap..like 10 bucks..I'll try to find the number..i wrote it down

mranak is offline Associate Member
    1) A 5 week cycle of test E is stupid. Take a step back and research that.
    2) Yes, you're blood pressure is a bit high. Mine is too, although I don't use AAS. AAS and high blood pressure are a bit of a contradition due to the whole enlarged heart thing.

big_C is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_C
    Medical guidelines state that a normal blood pressure for most adults is less than 120/80 mm Hg. If your blood pressure is above 140/90 mm Hg, you have high blood pressure. I saw a really nice home bp monitor...cheap..like 10 bucks..I'll try to find the number..i wrote it down
    Hey, i found it amonst my papers...1-800-898-0558 it's 10 bucks. Everyone should have one to monitor at home

i take that back, im bout to start on my 5th week of test e out of 12 weeks

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    cardio. you aren't even what i'd consider hypertension. you'll be fine dude. give some blood. that'll lower it.

just did it again and its 143 over 79. i felt good until the last 2 days i got a headache. asprin cant even take it away.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    my normal BP is 120/80... creatine lifts it slightly for me n AAS make it sumin like 140/80. but IMO its not that serious, keeping in mind my off time is alot longer than on time..

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    my bp 14 weeks into cycle is 144/77... slightly high but i ain't worried bout it as long as it goes down post cycle...

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    im 21 and i have 148-153 90-100

Unoid is offline Member
    150/80 is great for on cycle.

It woudln't hurt to buy some Zestril and take 20mg ED. keep you around 135/78

WannabePro is offline Associate Member
    im 160/100......thats even when im off cycle, what the heck ! dont do any cardio, if i do , how much would i lower the BP

I would maybe think of lowering with meds or at least look into it wannabe..

nbfire is offline New Member
    That's not too high but it's not good either. If you are getting headaches from it thats not a very good sign. Any nose bleeds? Maybe try a water shed pill (herbal) as the increase in BP is from the increased blood volume from the sodium/water retention. This is why if you did get meds prescribed they MIGHT be a diuretic like aldactone. In my experinence for major probelms to occur, you systolic (top #) has to be over 200 and then you just a ticking time bomb. By the way, my BP is about the same when I'm on a cycle even if I'm taking something to fight off the water retention.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RUballs0514
    cardio. you aren't even what i'd consider hypertension. you'll be fine dude. give some blood. that'll lower it.
    What??? Please don't give someone medical advice if you don't know what you're talking about....it's dangerous. Big C is correct. The medical definition of high blood pressure is either greater than 140 systolic (top number) or greater than 90 diastoic (bottom number). Giving blood to lower blood pressure??? That's so ridiculous I don't know who told you this...but they were wrong.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    My last cycle was cyp, and my bp was pretty high. I actually just checked it last night and it's down to 130/70. Don't worry about it, high bp is normal for on cycle. Topvega is right, only worry if it's high off cycle.

I'm into week four of a prop cycle and it seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabePro
    im 160/100......thats even when im off cycle, what the heck ! dont do any cardio, if i do , how much would i lower the BP
    First of all, yes, 160/100 is too high.

But, remember... and this applies to all of the guys on here....blood pressure cuffs are often made for people with "average" sized arms. And, I'm assuming that most on here do not have "average" sized arms. If you take a blood pressure with a cuff that's too small, it's likely to read as TOO HIGH. Some people take them on the forearm instead...and the accuracy of this reading is not perfect.

I'd agree...it's a good idea to have a cuff that you can use at home...but make sure it's the right size.

1---figure out your arm size...measure the circumference at the midpoint of your upper arm. Research has shown that a good rule of thumb is that if the arm circumference is larger than 13 inches (33 cm) or so, a larger cuff size is definitely needed.

Some medical personnel will tell you that if the cuff can go around your arm, it's ok. This is wrong! It is whether the inflatable "bladder" inside the cuff is the appropriate length and width for your arm size.

2nd--There are several sizes of large cuffs available depending on the circumference of your arm. The chart below is taken from the american heart association. The cuffs' measurements are taken from the size of the BLADDER of the cuff. Use the dimensions of the cuff listed on the chart below, then compare it to the sizes listed on the cuff you're looking at to buy. A "standard adult" model of one company is NOT the same as another company. So, use the dimensions instead.

Cuff (bladder dimension) ----- Arm Circumf (Midpoint)

Standard adult cuff (27-34 cm) ----- up to 13.38 inches
    Large Adult cuff (35-44 cm) ----- 13.7 inches to 17.3 inches
    Adult thigh Cuff (45-52 cm) ------ 17.7 inches to 20.4 inches

Make sense???
    Last edited by liftergirl; 09-29-2005 at 07:28 AM. Reason: chart unclear

sdf777 is offline New Member
    I went to a cardiologist just to get a full cardio checkup. Anyway, my bp was high, so the cardiologist got a bigger cuff and my reading went down by 20 points. This was with the doctor doing it.

man I a feel kinda good knowing that I have to use an adult thigh cuff... I would feel even better if my BF % was good =)

question to lilgirl:

How accurate are those electrical BF % measuring devices. They taught us that they are relatively accurate but why do I get many % higher reading now that waist has gotten a lot smaller.. many inches... doesnt make any sense.

Needle_Newb is offline Junior Member
    Have you BP taken on your forearm.

If it's still high, cut the sodium in your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Needle_Newb
    Have you BP taken on your forearm.

If it's still high, cut the sodium in your diet.
    The blood pressures taken on your foream aren't very accurate. Yes, we use them at the hospital...but only if it's an emergency and we cant use your upper arm....or if it's not needed to be super accurate. Do NOT use them on your forearm to determine if you actually have hypertension or not.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    man I a feel kinda good knowing that I have to use an adult thigh cuff... I would feel even better if my BF % was good =)

question to lilgirl:

How accurate are those electrical BF % measuring devices. They taught us that they are relatively accurate but why do I get many % higher reading now that waist has gotten a lot smaller.. many inches... doesnt make any sense.
    What electrical BF % measuring device are you talking about? The scales?--- not very accurate b/c it depends on hydration level according to the accuate sources I've checked with.

ok guys just checked my bp again and its 145 over 76. Are these headaches from the bp or the test just kicking in and giving me a little head change? no nose bleeds
    Last edited by eshestun; 09-29-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    What??? Please don't give someone medical advice if you don't know what you're talking about....it's dangerous. Big C is correct. The medical definition of high blood pressure is either greater than 140 systolic (top number) or greater than 90 diastoic (bottom number). Giving blood to lower blood pressure??? That's so ridiculous I don't know who told you this...but they were wrong.
    that whole post was a joke honey. i know what everything is, but thanks for caring. only a woman would not be able to sense sarcasm

what is a newbie girl doin lecturing us on stuff we already know? women these days.

But, remember... and this applies to all of the guys on here....blood pressure cuffs are often made for people with "average" sized arms. And, I'm assuming that most on here do not have "average" sized arms. If you take a blood pressure with a cuff that's too small, it's likely to read as TOO HIGH. Some people take them on the forearm instead...and the accuracy of this reading is not perfect.

I'd agree...it's a good idea to have a cuff that you can use at home...but make sure it's the right size.

1---figure out your arm size...measure the circumference at the midpoint of your upper arm. Research has shown that a good rule of thumb is that if the arm circumference is larger than 13 inches (33 cm) or so, a larger cuff size is definitely needed.

Some medical personnel will tell you that if the cuff can go around your arm, it's ok. This is wrong! It is whether the inflatable "bladder" inside the cuff is the appropriate length and width for your arm size.

2nd--There are several sizes of large cuffs available depending on the circumference of your arm. The chart below is taken from the american heart association. The cuffs' measurements are taken from the size of the BLADDER of the cuff. Use the dimensions of the cuff listed on the chart below, then compare it to the sizes listed on the cuff you're looking at to buy. A "standard adult" model of one company is NOT the same as another company. So, use the dimensions instead.

Make sense???

Thanks sexy!!

Make sense???
    20.4 inches is the biggest?? My arms are 21.5, that means they dont have one big enough for me, im done for

dude.. I'm jealous..

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    This is FUNNY! I had JUST bought my blood pressure monitor AND my Cholesterol monitor today... :-)

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabePro
    You need toprol. Seriously. You have a problem that needs to be addressed.

has anyone tried hawthorn berry extracr with sucess? how much do you take??

bump

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    what is a newbie girl doin lecturing us on stuff we already know? women these days.
    Looks like she's been here a year longer than you and considering she has an Md i'd say shes quite qualified to give advice

Smile

Number one...although YOU may have made it a joke and given ridiculous advice, looks like the thread was started by someone with a legitimate question.

Number two...MT is right...I've been here a year longer than you...just maybe have spent more time making QUALITY posts rather than just trying to up my post number by giving bad advice. .... so who's the newbie?

Number three....although I'm sure you "know everything about it", your answers don't refllect it.... and I have a couple of letters behind my name that give me a FEW more credentials to give advice about hypertension. Unless, of course, you've been through med school too????

Number four...there are a LOT of people on this board who are VERY smart and really know what they are talking about....but when someone asks a question, and it's something they are concerned about, give them a bit of respect and if you don't want to truly answer their question, leave it to those of us who do.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    This is FUNNY! I had JUST bought my blood pressure monitor AND my Cholesterol monitor today... :-)
    where'd you find a cholesterol monitor??? Just curious.

How about up one to fit up to 35 inch arms???

Ok, just found a resource for those of you with SUPER sized arms.

The website I listed allows you to purchase any size of BP cuff needed. And if you need one bigger than for 35 inch arms....wow! Maybe email the addy and they can give advice? Anyway, they are also supposed to fit better and stay on better than other ones for big-armed-people. Although they are kinda pricey (big ones $120), they should be pretty accurate.

http://amplestuff.safeshopper.com/42/cat42.htm?276

(914) 679-3316
    www.amplestuff.com

Good luck!

well just checked my bp again and its 142 over 75 which is not too bad. do you guys think the headaches are from the nolv?? Side are headaches from nov. has anyone had headaches from nolv?

anyone?

hehe I went to the pharmacist to get some pins today. There was one of those automatic high-tech BP measuring devices. those big machines, well anyway, I did mine.. it said mine was 180/90 .... having a hard time believing that. Ive been sick 4 a weel though but still. Does anyone know that are those reliable?

and those bastards didnt even sell me the pins. I went to the gym after that but felt pretty shitty (I have been sick for a week so thats understandable..)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information