Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    diezell is offline Senior Member
    get a good lawyer and find out if theres any statues of limitations for a case like youres, 4 months breaks youre rights since it is not a speedy trial, also the judge may look down on how long it took the police to get a case on you

blackh2 is offline Associate Member
    4 months 6 months it dont matter. what they did more than likely is let you go when they pulled you over kept your shit and sent it off to be tested, after finding out what it was presented it to the grand jury and they indite you, then they issue a warrant . they can file the charge as an at large case till they get all the specifics, it sux but that is what they do in texas. may be the same thing that happend to you. good luck i just went through the same thing

BIGSNOR is offline Associate Member
    talked to a lawyer, got to post an assurity bond for 1000 instead of 10 grand. he's cool with the steroid thing but just seems like he wants to settle with maybe a misdemeanor and probation charges. doesnt seem like he wants to fight the case at all. and i never consented to search. the driver consented to let the dog walk around the car. they made us get out after they said he hit on something. and nothing was found, but my roids and they cant smell that shit.

anyways i just dont want probation, cuz it'll be like 2 or 5 years or some shit and i cant juice at all during that time i'll seriously go nuts. trying to get competitive eventually and this aint helping. just wonder if they will piss test or hair test or check my house or what on probation. what do you think?

also they dont know this b ut im on cycle right now.... i know im an idiot. but can i stay on this cycle until i get my sentencing on my court date, which will be sometime in november??

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    If they are willing to take a plea for a midemeanor, jump the fuck on it-let them have a small win, don't goad them into coming after you to make an example out of you. As far as the cycle goes, I actually can't believe you are still on, but I would ask my attorney this question, not a bunch of guys on a forum. Only he knows how much it will effect your case if you take the piss test and the results say "one at a time please!"

blackh2 is offline Associate Member
    chances are ther enot going to piss test you till you plea agreement. your than likely going ot get a piss test if your on felony probation. if your luckier than i was oyull get misdemeanor. good luck!!! with all the shit on tv about juice its hit and miss you might get lucky since its a small town

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    for the probation piss tests, it depends if you get supervised probation or unsupervised probation. supervised probation requires check-ins, random drug screens, and a monthly probation fee.

Unsupervised probation involves none of these. no piss tests, no check-ins, no monthly fee...

Ask your atty. which one you will probobly get, and that will answer your question.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Just try to keep the felony off your record as having it on your record is a significant barrier to much of the white-collar the job market.

my case is finally done, its still a ****in horrible shitty deal i think though. they dropped the first felony but i had to plea guilty to the second one so now im on supervised probation (SIS) for 5 years!!! i cannot drink alcohol, be anywhere where alcohol is served and my roommates are not even allowed to have it in the house. so now i have to move out of my roommates house, cant do shit, i work in a bar and they said thats ok as long as i dont drink.... go figure. there are so many requirements for this probation i cant leave the area without clearing it with my PO there is no way i wont break one of these rules in five years i mean seriously im 21 and in COLLEGE! but if i pass the 5 years then its completely wiped off my record. i just wonder what other possibilities i could have had. my lawyer said they would have put me in jail if i didnt take the sis offer. so either way life as i knew it seems like its pretty much over, im really depressed and just dont know if i'll last 5 years. this is going to effect all aspects of my life.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    5 yrs is cake bro, be done b4 you know it. just don't fck up 4 yrs 6months from now

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Wow that sucks

Hammerman is offline Junior Member
    Harsh bro, I personally would rather do pretty much anything than go to jail!

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    Your 21 and can't drink! OMG I just don't understand that. Are u sure your lawyer pushed for you. I wish our Govt would spend more time getting the freeking crack dealers off the streets.

dirtyi730 is offline Associate Member
    Your lawyer has to look at the state attorney and the judge everyday, he don't give a **** about you. I had a similar offer on a different type of case. 1yr in prison or 4 yrs probation, I was 18 and 150lbs, I took the probation. The probation you most likely won't be able to complete without violating being the strict nature of, but you can terminate early if you successfully complete a portion of it, for me it was 50%.

But, I have violated 3 times, once for getting pulled over in another county going to the beach, one time for dirty urine, and one time I got another charge of street racing. Each time all I had to do was hire a lawyer and they just put me back on probation. .....4 yrs later i'm almost done, this will just cost you a shit load of money and maybe make you feel a little bad, but it's not the end of the world....

Just do what they ask, live your life as you normally would and have about $3000 ready for a lawyer in case you **** up.

Late
    Last edited by dirtyi730; 01-07-2006 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyi730
    Your lawyer has to look at the state attorney and the judge everyday, he don't give a **** about you. I had a similar offer on a different type of case. 1yr in prison or 4 yrs probation, I was 18 and 150lbs, I took the probation. The probation you must likely won't be able to complete without violating being the strict nature of, but you can terminate if you success complete a portion of it, for my 50%.

But, I have violated 3 times, once for getting pulled over in another county going to the beach, one time for dirty urine, and one time for I got another charge of street racing. Each time all I had to do was hire a lawyer and they just put me back on probation. .....4 yrs later i'm almost done, this will just cost you a shit load of money and maybe make you feel a little bad, but it's not the end of the world

Just do what they ask, live your life as you normally would and have about $3000 ready for a lawyer in case you **** up.

Late
    racen on probation...lol. what was in the urine?

dirtyi730 is offline Associate Member
    Drinking is the #1 cause of my mistakes now a days, with my temper running a close 2nd. I used to be balls to the walls, I am calmed down now, sort of...

This isn't the end of your life, doesn't mean you can't have fun. Like I said, you can either devote your life to the church, or keep a couple grand in the bank for the drunken nights.

peace

I also suffer from idon'tgiveashititis
    Last edited by dirtyi730; 01-07-2006 at 02:54 PM.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear, hope everything turns out well for you!

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Legal Advice

Hey, PM me if you'd like some advice. I'm an attorney, a libertarian, and I hate the US drug laws. I'll help you if I can.

kingbrew is offline New Member
    holy crap!! i can't believe how hard americans have it. if i got cought with AS in canada, i think the worst that would happen is the cops take my gear and tell me that this stuff "can kill you"............ i feel sorry for you guys.

yet one more reason canada is better! hah

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrew
    holy crap!! i can't believe how hard americans have it. if i got cought with AS in canada, i think the worst that would happen is the cops take my gear and tell me that this stuff "can kill you"............ i feel sorry for you guys.

yet one more reason canada is better! hah
    yea but there are frkn canadians up there,lol

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    yea but there are frkn canadians up there,lol
    exactly my point! that way you wont get shot or hit by a killed by a binder hijacking a plane!

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrew
    exactly my point! that way you wont get shot or hit by a killed by a binder hijacking a plane!
    I did bang a couple hotties up there years ago in B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    I did bang a couple hotties up there years ago in B.C.
    what can i say, we know how to grow em up here
    must be the lack of KFC and Taco Bell we have...

blockhead is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davieric
    sorry to hear ur bad luck man, if u were in canada i might b able to give u advice considering i'm trying to get onto the force (don't hate me).

And i have a question.....why is it that pretty much anyone 18+ can go buy a gun and ammunition, but it's illegal for someone to have steroids? maybe the US should rethink their laws....i don't mean to piss ne one off, it just seems like common sense IMO.
    what the hell do guns have to do with this. you are ignorant for assuming guns are bad. i dont care how cliche this is, but guns dont kill people, people kill people. i simply do not understand anti gun people. guns are tools, for a purpose. i would think it is far more reasonable to rid the world of steroids than guns.and i am pro steroid . maybe canada should rethink their laws. your government could do anything they wish to all you subjects, you all have no way to stop them. you rely on the kindness and mercy of your government. in the end, an unarmed populace is at the whim of those in control. read a history book.

Froggy is offline Member
    That sucks BIGSNOR, pleading to the felony...The legal justice system is really out-of-control, IMO...Most would need an up close & personal look at it to realize this...as you now know!
    Tow-the-line & in a short time your PO will know that you are not a problem & life will get easier...good luck...

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    shut your mouth to everyone and get an attorney.....there were all sorts of loops in your story that they can exploit and maybe get you off...by the way what happened to your friend? Can they actually prove it was yours and not his?.....not trying to screw your friend just creating reasonable doubt.....

Sta11ion is offline Member
    Save some money and get a better lawyer, they will resubmit in court. I knocked out a off duty officer, got arrested. Please be advise that the cop(Please be advice I dont hate cops I have friends who are cops but alot go above the law) was ignorant changed the story he was a liar. But in the end it was thrown out. If I got off of that you should get off of this to many loopholes.

bigbadbootydaddy is offline Associate Member
    Sorry to hear about this. I wish I could help, but I don't know anyone that has had that happen to them.

Good luck hope it all works out in the end.

i just thought the probation requirements were wayyyy to much, i know a guy that put a guy in a coma for 6 months and the guy almost died and he has the same probation as me. and this was my first offense, it was his millionth.

timvds is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    Save some money and get a better lawyer, they will resubmit in court. I knocked out a off duty officer, got arrested. Please be advise that the cop(Please be advice I dont hate cops I have friends who are cops but alot go above the law) was ignorant changed the story he was a liar. But in the end it was thrown out. If I got off of that you should get off of this to many loopholes.
    He already pleaded guilty brutha..

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGSNOR
    my case is finally done, its still a ****in horrible shitty deal i think though. they dropped the first felony but i had to plea guilty to the second one so now im on supervised probation (SIS) for 5 years!!! i cannot drink alcohol, be anywhere where alcohol is served and my roommates are not even allowed to have it in the house. so now i have to move out of my roommates house, cant do shit, i work in a bar and they said thats ok as long as i dont drink.... go figure. there are so many requirements for this probation i cant leave the area without clearing it with my PO there is no way i wont break one of these rules in five years i mean seriously im 21 and in COLLEGE! but if i pass the 5 years then its completely wiped off my record. i just wonder what other possibilities i could have had. my lawyer said they would have put me in jail if i didnt take the sis offer. so either way life as i knew it seems like its pretty much over, im really depressed and just dont know if i'll last 5 years. this is going to effect all aspects of my life.
    before you move you should wait and see how this will pan out......you might get a cool p.o. who will look at what you are charged for, especially if you have not been in trouble before and not really bother you because you are in college and good young man who basically was in the wrong place at the wrong time....

your attorney did not even put up a good fight....he settled and got easy money.....granted you did go and pick up those items from the police but he could have still did a little better than that.........

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    goodluck dude

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod
    before you move you should wait and see how this will pan out......you might get a cool p.o. who will look at what you are charged for, especially if you have not been in trouble before and not really bother you because you are in college and good young man who basically was in the wrong place at the wrong time....

your attorney did not even put up a good fight....he settled and got easy money.....granted you did go and pick up those items from the police but he could have still did a little better than that.........
    look bro all about the po here, at 19 i was sentenced to 7 years state time, it was NO FVCKN JOKE!!! your on the streets man, trust me.. thats where you want to be. i did 1 1/2 years, on parole now for 15 months, got 24 left. my lawyer sold my ass out to the prosecutor and yeh i was angry. When i got out i was bombarded with a million different rules and restrictions (no alcohol, curfew, EVERYTHING), ive gone through 3 different po's, the one i have now is cool as shit, he sets the rules, not what the courts told me to do. Your po will know how he needs to deal with you after he knows you a little bit, mine knows im cool, go to school, do my thing and after a while they HAVE to give you some space. Now its not like im even on parole anymore. They need the room for people who are REAL criminals. Of course its a nuisance but thats all it is, w/e the deal your FREE, never take that crap for granted, if u got any questions pm me bro, later.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    i bet you can make a case on how like..
    just for instance; Joe Johnson drives drunk, kills a lady in a car accident, and get his license suspended and a shit load of fines, but yet, you get caught with some muscle building drugs that cause no effect, you get the shit end of life.

im sorry man, the justice deptarment is completled fuked in this country, hope all works out

ManOnAMission is offline New Member
    you can die for your country but cant take steroids . something is ****ed up in the us if u ask me huh?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information