zircon is offline Junior Member

acne and accutane

Hey all,

I've done 3 short cycles, and they worked very well. I've always ahd more than average acne, however during and after pct of the last cycle, the breakout has been crazy. Huge red welts on my shoulders and back. My face is ok. Very oily but ok.

I've been to the doc, and he prescribed 4 months accutnae 70mg per day, which is very high...the highest rcommended.

I have several questions.

I still want to try a cycle during accutane treatment.Should I run short cycle or rather long cycles? I have a feeling long cycles would be better, as there is less hormonal variation. Also I have orals for short cycles, which I don't wznt ot take while on accutane.

I was thinking 500mg enan for 8-10 weeks with a 3 week prop frontload. I was thinking of finishing off with prop for the last 2 weeks, but I wonder if the gradual let down of t enan might be betterat the end of a cycle, instead of just cutting it off with prop...?

Finally, I know the side effects of accutane are very harsh. I've seen some people complain at 40mg. Although my doc recommends 70, I wonder if I should start on 70mg, then drop it to what I feel is comfortable. I see many people have used 10mg per day very successfully. Does this help only while you are on accutane, or also afterwards? Apparently the most important effect of accutnae is the cumulative effect (total dose over a long period), and not how hard you hit it.

I am tempted to run it at 10mg per day....comments? I would vary it according to how oily my skin gets on cycle and after.

Latimus is offline Banned
    70mgs is high but i was on 120 a day....here they do it by weight, DO NOT RUN ORALS WHILE ON...unless you dont care about your liver, even with tonnes of milk thistle you will still be damaging your liver way more then you would know, especially while on 70mgs....I had horrible acne too..but i grew out of even while cycling, with the help of accutain....i would run the accutain first, let it all totally dry you out..then start thinking about running again....however if you do run it while on, make sure you have enough for the PCT, thats when it gets the worse. Also you might want to try things other then accutain, just as tanning..thats what really worked for me, i go once a week to dry my skin out, get a little bit of a burn to totally dry it out....only oily skin can break out..but it cant if its a little burnt...

goodluck anyway.

STRANGE is offline Associate Member
    yes but dont forget that it takes a little bit to start working.. And they say that sometimes when u first start taking it like the first week you could actually break out becuase of it. but then after that its nothing but good new. I run 10mg a day. But and starting tren soon and a little worried about breaking out.

10mg a day? THat's low..I asusme you took a full course and now only maintenance?

I think I'll start on 40mg and see how it goes. Apparently the dose is not too important...it's the full dosage oevr motnhs that matters.

Still tempted to run a cycle with it, test e...I'm a tested athlete, running out of time

Also can't tan on accutane...shit and summers comin up....this sucks balls.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Yea just be careful when in the sun. You burn so dam quick.

ive only taken 10mg a day beucase i dont get it from a doc and i cant really afford to take 10 a day but i managage becuase i dont want to look like shit

dsa8864667 is offline Member
    Im on 40mg about to bump it up to 80mg for 5 months i went to doc.

you guys that have all this accutane and dont want to take all of it. well just send it to me ill take it and tell you how clear my skin is and if its too high of a dose. for your saftey. jk

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Accutane can suck my ass. I've been on it for 45 days and just stopped yesterday because the sides were getting too bad. I didnt care about applying chap-stick a couple times every day but the lethargy and muscle aches were interfering with training way too much.

how much did u take a day aand?

Thread Information