test74 is offline New Member

Do all Anabolics Shut your test levels down

I know Tren and Deca are notorious for shutting you down, thats why people claim they get limp dick and have no sex drive. And i also know that Primobolan and Anavar are known to not affect your HPTA levels.

But how about Winstrol and EQ? Does anyone know if they shut you down and affect your HPTA levels or do they have little affect like primo and anavar?

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    yes they do

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Every one will shut you down....but some people dont get shut down so it really depends on your body chemistry

EQ is not bad like tren or deca .....but if you were to stack it i wouldnt use winny its bad on the joints i would use Var

test74 is offline New Member
    I was told that eq actually raises your sex drive, and i was told winny does not really shut down your HPTA but last time i used winny, i had no sex drive at all.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by test74
    I was told that eq actually raises your sex drive, and i was told winny does not really shut down your HPTA but last time i used winny, i had no sex drive at all.
    Don't go by your sex drive to tell if you are shut down or not. Var at low dosages will shut down hormone production. All AAS will shut you down and PCT will need to be ran to restore HPTA.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by test74
    I know Tren and Deca are notorious for shutting you down, thats why people claim they get limp dick and have no sex drive. And i also know that Primobolan and Anavar are known to not affect your HPTA levels.

But how about Winstrol and EQ? Does anyone know if they shut you down and affect your HPTA levels or do they have little affect like primo and anavar?
    Everything including testosterone shuts you down. Like mudman said do not confuse symptoms with what is actually going on inside your body. while var and EQ are relatively mild compared to test, tren, deca etc they still suppress your HPTA.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Don't go by your sex drive to tell if you are shut down or not. Var at low dosages will shut down hormone production. All AAS will shut you down and PCT will need to be ran to restore HPTA.
    Damn, I did not know that var shut down hormone production. Why do people bridge with it then?

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    Damn, I did not know that var shut down hormone production. Why do people bridge with it then?
    Because a bridge is used to go into another cycle it has nothing to do with restoring HPTA functions.

The thing thats different about var or eq is that you would have a quicker/easier recovery of the hpta

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Only the ones you poke in your butt or take in pill form.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes!!

*NOT ALL ANDROGENS CAUSE SHUTDOWN*

"Shutdown", is defined by a COMPLETE inhibition of the Pituitary/Testes, resulting in a TOTAL cessation of endogenous androgen production.

SOME androgens will only SUPPRESS endogenous androgen production, resulting in a DECREASED testosterone level, but not a complete shutdown. (Tbol, Var, Wistrol, EQ, Dianabol , masteron , primo)

Very Androgenic /Progestenic/Estrogenic steroids (Tren , Deca , Drol, Test) cause a COMPLETE shutdown of endogenous hormone production.

The distinction between SUPRESSION and SHUTDOWN is utterly important, as steroids that cause LESS supression of endogenous hormones will allow for greater retention of gains upon ending the cycle, and a quicker, easier PCT. This is frequently, why I avoid using test in my cycles, as TEST only makes retaining gains more difficult.

You gotta give ross some credit though he never gives up

bigger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    same problem here bro, fkk it, why do a bring on 10mg /ed when it shut you off any way then i dont se why i dont do 60mg/ed instead.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Exactly. I read a techincal paper in the Clinical Endocrinology journal about how a very low threshold of test is needed for sex drive. About the best way, besides a blood test, is to look at erection quality as testosterone makes nitric oxides in the penis causing dialation and increase in blood flow. I am going to start a thread to give everyone a heads up on this 'sex drive ok' myth.

Proviron (Mesterolone) probably doesn't shut you down at reasonable doses:

Horm Metab Res. 1984 Sep;16(9):492-7.Related Articles, Links

Effect of non aromatizable androgens on LHRH and TRH responses in primary testicular failure.

Spitz IM, Margalioth EJ, Yeger Y, Livshin Y, Zylber-Haran E, Shilo S.

We have assessed the gonadotropin, TSH and PRL responses to the non aromatizable androgens, mesterolone and fluoxymestrone, in 27 patients with primary testicular failure. All patients were given a bolus of LHRH (100 micrograms) and TRH (200 micrograms) at zero time. Nine subjects received a further bolus of TRH at 30 mins. The latter were then given mesterolone 150 mg daily for 6 weeks. The remaining subjects received fluoxymesterone 5 mg daily for 4 weeks and 10 mg daily for 2 weeks. On the last day of the androgen administration, the subjects were re-challenged with LHRH and TRH according to the identical protocol. When compared to controls, the patients had normal circulating levels of testosterone , estradiol, PRL and thyroid hormones. However, basal LH, FSH and TSH levels, as well as gonadotropin responses to LHRH and TSH and PRL responses to TRH, were increased. Mesterolone administration produced no changes in steroids, thyroid hormones, gonadotropins nor PRL. There was, however, a reduction in the integrated and incremental TSH secretion after TRH. Fluoxymesterone administration was accompanied by a reduction in thyroid binding globulin (with associated decreases in T3 and increases in T3 resin uptake). The free T4 index was unaltered, which implies that thyroid function was unchanged. In addition, during fluoxymesterone administration, there was a reduction in testosterone , gonadotropins and LH response to LHRH. Basal TSH did not vary, but there was a reduction in the peak and integrated TSH response to TRH. PRL levels were unaltered during fluoxymesterone treatment.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Proviron (Mesterolone) probably doesn't shut you down at reasonable doses:

Horm Metab Res. 1984 Sep;16(9):492-7.Related Articles, Links

Effect of non aromatizable androgens on LHRH and TRH responses in primary testicular failure.

Spitz IM, Margalioth EJ, Yeger Y, Livshin Y, Zylber-Haran E, Shilo S.

We have assessed the gonadotropin, TSH and PRL responses to the non aromatizable androgens, mesterolone and fluoxymestrone, in 27 patients with primary testicular failure. All patients were given a bolus of LHRH (100 micrograms) and TRH (200 micrograms) at zero time. Nine subjects received a further bolus of TRH at 30 mins. The latter were then given mesterolone 150 mg daily for 6 weeks. The remaining subjects received fluoxymesterone 5 mg daily for 4 weeks and 10 mg daily for 2 weeks. On the last day of the androgen administration, the subjects were re-challenged with LHRH and TRH according to the identical protocol. When compared to controls, the patients had normal circulating levels of testosterone , estradiol, PRL and thyroid hormones. However, basal LH, FSH and TSH levels, as well as gonadotropin responses to LHRH and TSH and PRL responses to TRH, were increased. Mesterolone administration produced no changes in steroids, thyroid hormones, gonadotropins nor PRL. There was, however, a reduction in the integrated and incremental TSH secretion after TRH. Fluoxymesterone administration was accompanied by a reduction in thyroid binding globulin (with associated decreases in T3 and increases in T3 resin uptake). The free T4 index was unaltered, which implies that thyroid function was unchanged. In addition, during fluoxymesterone administration, there was a reduction in testosterone, gonadotropins and LH response to LHRH. Basal TSH did not vary, but there was a reduction in the peak and integrated TSH response to TRH. PRL levels were unaltered during fluoxymesterone treatment.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)
    I've read both sides stating does and does't cause suppression. I like proviron for a few reasons but the one is the increased sex drive and this would be a added benifit durring PCT since some see a lag in sex drive durring that process.

So this is good if 150mg of proviron had no ill effect on levels. I have never used more then 50mg daily.

I've read every study on Proviron available on Medline and JSPET...I'm confident saying that it can be used successfully without suppression, given the proper dosing protocol.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I've read every study on Proviron available on Medline and JSPET...I'm confident saying that it can be used successfully without suppression, given the proper dosing protocol.
    now thats useful... what about adding it to my current PCT regimen? I wonder...

bump

Thread Information