HarrisonPope is offline New Member

HAVE YOU EVER HAD UNEXPLAINED "BLACKOUTS" AFTER COMING OFF A CYCLE?

I am a researcher at McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School who has been studying anabolic steroids for many years (feel free to Google my name and "steroids" if you're interested). I also happen to be a bodybuilder myself.

In the last several years, I've encountered two guys, both of whom had recently come off a cycle, who developed strange "blackout" episodes, during which they lost all memory for a block of several hours of time. Neither the two men was taking any type of drug when the blackouts occurred; it just seemed to happen at random.

Is there anybody else out there was ever had this happen to them during the first few months after coming off a cycle? If you have experienced anything like this, or you know anybody who has, I would be extremely interested to hear your story. You could post a reply to me here in the thread, or you can e-mail me privately at [email protected]. Of course you don't have to reveal your name or other identifying information if you don't want to.

Even if your story doesn't completely fit with the above, please don't hesitate to write me. Thanks.

Harrison Pope Jr, M.D.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    never happened to me, and i have NEVER heard of that happening to any of the people that i know use AAS

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone
    never happened to me, and i have NEVER heard of that happening to any of the people that i know use AAS
    Ditto

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HarrisonPope
    I am a researcher at McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School who has been studying anabolic steroids for many years (feel free to Google my name and "steroids" if you're interested). I also happen to be a bodybuilder myself.

In the last several years, I've encountered two guys, both of whom had recently come off a cycle, who developed strange "blackout" episodes, during which they lost all memory for a block of several hours of time. Neither the two men was taking any type of drug when the blackouts occurred; it just seemed to happen at random.

Is there anybody else out there was ever had this happen to them during the first few months after coming off a cycle? If you have experienced anything like this, or you know anybody who has, I would be extremely interested to hear your story. You could post a reply to me here in the thread, or you can e-mail me privately at [email protected]. Of course you don't have to reveal your name or other identifying information if you don't want to.

Even if your story doesn't completely fit with the above, please don't hesitate to write me. Thanks.

Harrison Pope Jr, M.D.
    It sounds like it may be a insulin /blood sugar associated side effect? What were the steroid (s) and growth factors (GH, IGF, insulin) used by these subjects in their most recent cycle before the episode(s)? What were the dosage amounts (mgs/mcgs)? Did this happen during or after PCT? What are their ages and medical background?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 09-29-2005 at 07:30 PM.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    http://www.wholefitness.com/menimage.html

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/...ract/160/1/105

Wow, you are all over the internet. If this is really you and you're not a imposter. C'mon, this is the internet and anybody can pose as another person, you know that. This thread is your first post. How do we know you are who you say you are?

I'll assume this is you. You have accomplished a lot and there is a lot of interesting stuff to read from you. Link us to some of your articles and leave your email address so we can contact you. You will find a lot of good information here.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Wow, you are all over the internet. If this is really you and you're not a imposter. C'mon, this is the internet and anybody can pose as another person, you know that. This thread is your first post. How do we know you are who you say you are?

Quote Originally Posted by HarrisonPope
    You could post a reply to me here in the thread, or you can e-mail me privately at [email protected]. Of course you don't have to reveal your name or other identifying information if you don't want to.

His email address goes back to Harvards website, Im pretty sure its legit. He would be a great asset to the AR community.

bignbald02 is offline Junior Member
    Hey God Father...."we should make him an off he can not refuse" ... ....sorry man i had to say dude

bignbald02 is offline Junior Member
    "offer"....ooops my bad; u guys can rip on me for my spellin now

bigJJ is offline Member
    Have not finished my first cycle yet, so no real opinions on the matter.

Still... bump for science.

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    Believe it or not, Ive had lots of blackouts from the M1T cycle I was once on...But iv never got them from a real Cycle. NO clue why that was.

Thread Information