big_C is offline Member

test binding to SHGB

ok, is there a compound that helps to stop Test from binding to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin(SHBG)? We all know Test becomes literally useless when this happens. Is there a way to prevent or help diminish the amount that binds? JC
    Last edited by big_C; 10-04-2005 at 03:04 PM.

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_C
    ok, is there a compound that helps to stop Test from binding to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin(SHBG)? We all know Test becomes literally usless when this happens. Is there a way to prevent or help diminish the amount that binds? JC
    Great question - I would love to see an answer to this one too...

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    ok, is there a compound that helps to stop Test from binding to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin(SHBG)? We all know Test becomes literally usless when this happens. Is there a way to prevent or help diminish the amount that binds? JC
    I do believe AI's lower SHBG and some steroids like proviron (not anabolic ) or winstrol . I have not studied the topic in great length, bump for better response.

big_C is offline Member
    is proviron still being made?? Hard to find!!

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Only thing I can find is Winstrol , from Hooker's profile
    One novel use for Winstrol in any cycle (perhaps even bulking) would be to use it at a very limited dose, in order to lower SHBG. (2) One of the properties of Winstrol is it’s profound ability to lower SHBG much more than other steroids. A dose of .2mg/kg lowered SHBG significantly, which would in turn, raise the amoung of free testosterone circulating in the body

big_C is offline Member
    interesting...thanks bro!!

spud is offline Junior Member
    Proviron binds to the SHBG quite nicely! It's still being made and some UGL's have it. It's also overseas.

big_C is offline Member
    thanks spud, i'll check it out, I have used proviron in the past, like 6 years ago, havn't seen it since, it just fell of the scene kinda. Proviron is nice with nolva, instead of blocking estrogen receptors, it stops the aromatizing from ever happening, right?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    is proviron still being made?? Hard to find!!
    Yeah, provirion is still being made and is good stuff. It really isn't that hard to find, since it's used in medicine so often. It is essentailly DHT, so it is a potent androgen without anabolic effects. DHT has a higher affinity for SHBG than test, so it will tie up SHBG so you have more free test. For this reason provirion could help even when off cycle.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    thanks spud, i'll check it out, I have used proviron in the past, like 6 years ago, havn't seen it since, it just fell of the scene kinda. Proviron is nice with nolva, instead of blocking estrogen receptors, it stops the aromatizing from ever happening, right?
    Yeah. DHT downregulates estrogen receptors and prevents aromatization so no estrogen rebound coming off of it (unlike nova).

Off the top of my head:

Oral Turinabol , Proviron , Winstrol (the last one, at around 18-20mgs will lower it by 50% or so in a 100kg man, I think)...

I'll add more if I can remember them all...DHT lowers it, so Anadrol certainly would, and I speculate some other DHT-Derivatives would as well.

big_C is offline Member
    thanks guys...alot of help!!

Thread Information