mikeybadaboy is offline Associate Member

deca for joints?

ok so heres thestory...i was in da gym yesterday,and i was talkin to a guy bout the cycleim bout to start(test cyp 10 weeks..1st cycle) and he tells me that i have to take deca so i dnt fk up my joints. thar confused the hell outta me. i been askin just about everyquetion in these forums before i decided to start and i never heard thaat. is it true or was he trynna sound smart? please clear this up

..mike

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Deca is used for joint pain/issues at 100 mgs weekly.

I'll make an attempt at speaking in your language :

Tell your fuckin' friend he's a fuckin' moran.He dont like dat,he can suck my fuckin' dick,ya heard.

~Pinnacle~

my language? u speak brooklyn? not bad at it eitha,up untill tha "ya heard".wtf is dat?
    is it recomended? or can i jus go to gnc and buy sum shit there?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybada
    my language? u speak brooklyn? not bad at it eitha,up untill tha "ya heard".wtf is dat?
    is it recomended? or can i jus go to gnc and buy sum shit there?
    You don't need deca bro.You can use glucosamine for your joints.

You can buy dat chit at da pharmacy.It fuckin' cheap ..fogetaboutit...

~Pinnacle~

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    everyone is different but I prefer to always run deca during a heavy training cycle (I always run a higher amount of test then deca, usually double the amount)it is a miracle drug if you ask me... do you have to run it with test... no, but if you train heavy for long enough you will find it useful. as far as glucosamine goes you can try it... i personally think it's an overhyped snake oil myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You don't need deca bro.You can use glucosamine for your joints.

You can buy dat chit at da pharmacy.It fuckin' cheap ..fogetaboutit...

~Pinnacle~
    haha wat a jerkoff...thanx..btw,its faghetaboutit

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybada
    haha wat a jerkoff...thanx..btw,its faghetaboutit
    in reallity bro, the test will make you retain water. wich equals comfortable joints what the guy at the gym is saying is that the strength gains will be hard on your joints and deca is notorious for helping. do you need it.........no>

ok thanx..

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    yep yep

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    in reallity bro, the test will make you retain water. wich equals comfortable joints what the guy at the gym is saying is that the strength gains will be hard on your joints and deca is notorious for helping. do you need it.........no>
    Bro, the water retention and joint comfort explanation has been debunked. Hooker pointed this out a while back. The real culprit is estrogen and its anti-inflammatory effect at higher amounts. However since estrogen exhibits a biphasic effect (both anti-inflammatory and pro-inflammatory....depending on estrogen amount) it can lead to joint pain. While, progesterone(deca related) acts as an anti-inflammatory thus alleviating joint pain.

Here is the meat of the article:

Deca, Winstrol and Your Joints
    Separating Fiction from Fact
    by Anthony Roberts

Progesterone, like testosterone , both stimulates humoral immunity (the TH2) and suppresses cellular immunity (TH1 response). Ergo, progesterone has anti-inflammatory action. Deca is a progestin, meaning it stimulates the progesterone receptor. And that’s why it alleviates joint pains. Remember that old idea that deca promotes "water-retention" in the joints, and that’s why it helps your joints feel better? Bullshit. You just read the real reason deca helps joints. Deca actually works on two fronts as an androgen—which have well-documented effects on corticosteroids—and as a progestin to reduce inflammation.

Let’s move on....

Estrogen exerts what is known as a biphasic (two phase) effect. At low amounts, it is pro-inflammatory, because it stimulates the TH1 arm of the immune system (cellular immunity) and inflammation. In high(er) amounts, it is actually an anti-inflammatory (2). So when one takes very strong anti-estrogens (or aromatase inhibitors), one both loses water (because estrogen causes water retention) as well as experiences sore joints due to the pro-inflammatory effects generated from low estrogen levels.

Letrozole , which reduces blood plasma levels of estrogen due to aromatase inhibition, is the best example of this. It is infamous for causing aching joints. Letrozole decreases both aromatase activity as well as (obviously) plasma levels of estrogen, and in addition reduces progesterone levels (3). This is why when people use Letrozole, they claim it takes "water out of their joints" and makes them ache. Again, this is total bullshit.

Lowering estrogen will reduce water retention, but of equal importance it will also limit your body's ability to produce estrogen-mediated anti-inflammatory reactions to weight training. You lose water and your joints hurt, which is why the myth exists that lost water in the joints is the source of discomfort. It is true that you one loses subcutaneous water when estrogen levels are low, but it's simply not true that losing this water will make your joints hurt. It is the loss of estrogen and progesterone’s anti-inflammatory effects that is behind the aching joints. We can also make the claim that Testosterone can have some anti-inflammatory effects both through it's aromatization to estrogen is as well as its effects on corticosteroids. This too, is well documented.

If you want the article in its entirety, here is the link:

http://www.avantlabs.com/magmain.php...383&issueID=32

Knight1811

Thread Information