kungen1234 is offline Junior Member

How important are the alcohol swabs?

Allright so I got my gear , everything except for some kind of alcohol to clean the injectionspot with.

Should I therefor wait until tomorrow to go and buy it, or can I just take a shower, shave and really clean the injectionspot with antibacterial soap and go ahead with the injection?

PS, does 45% vodka kill off the bacteria enough?

Jerzey is offline Member
    Wash with anitbacertial soap and inject immediately after if you don't have alcohol swabs... personally, I'd run to the store, I don't like to risk infection..

-Jerzey

boardhead is offline Associate Member
    u can do as you please..but 99.9% of the people on this board will suggest applying rubbing alcohol on the injection site to ensure steribility.

i wouldnt take the chance

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah dude, just get the swabs now or wait till later. shit like this is better to be safe then sorry.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    I always clean my injection site with alcohol before taking a shot.I also clean the stopper before drawing out oil.Just an old habit I guess.I prefer to be as safe as possible.

**You can't go to a pharmacy and buy rubbing alcohol before injecting?you live in the mountains or something?

~Pinnacle~

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO they are very important.

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I always clean my injection site with alcohol before taking a shot.I also clean the stopper before drawing out oil.Just an old habit I guess.I prefer to be as safe as possible.

**You can't go to a pharmacy and buy rubbing alcohol before injecting?you live in the mountains or something?

~Pinnacle~
    I also clean the stopper...

Pinnacle, naah its just theyre all closed. All the pharmacies are government owned and operated. This is europe, here the government controls the market.

Funny memory struck me, when I was a kid my moms used to burn needles and wipe them off before popping blizters(yeah yeah I know im being gross here), but she said the flame killed the bacteria. Perhaps a brief quick flash from a lighter on the injectionspot(AFTER SHAVING IT OFCOURSE) would do the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey
    Wash with anitbacertial soap and inject immediately after if you don't have alcohol swabs... personally, I'd run to the store, I don't like to risk infection..

-Jerzey
    So theres a risk still with antibacterial soap?

Quote Originally Posted by kungen1234
    Pinnacle, naah its just theyre all closed. All the pharmacies are government owned and operated. This is europe, here the government controls the market.

Funny memory struck me, when I was a kid my moms used to burn needles and wipe them off before popping blizters(yeah yeah I know im being gross here), but she said the flame killed the bacteria. Perhaps a brief quick flash from a lighter on the injectionspot(AFTER SHAVING IT OFCOURSE) would do the trick?
    Just wait til tommorrow bro.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    go to the corner store and buy some 2.00 isopropyl... why chance it?

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Just wait til tommorrow bro.
    But it'll throw off my entire schedule *throws a tantrum*

Just kidding, I'll have a piece of chocolate and watch some TV instead to satisfy my instant gratification.

Heureka I found a package with an antibacterial sponge. 4% chlorhexidinglucose

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Went without swabs for over a month and never had an infection or problem with ED injections. Shower first you should be fine. Although it is nice to have a wipe if you bleed a bit after injecting.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    This is a joke, right?

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    Flame sterilizing the needle will work, but I wouldn't suggest doing it and then injecting. Flame sterilizing is best used for innoculating psychedelic mushroom spores into a jar of rice flour (dont ask)

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    shit i want to know about the Shrooms hehehe
    and yes we did the flame on the needle thing 2 when i was just a young pup

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    What is up with the fatuation on shaving the area???

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    not in the shaving thing myself wife likes me a little fuzzy hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    Flame sterilizing is best used for innoculating psychedelic mushroom spores into a jar of rice flour (dont ask)
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    What is up with the fatuation on shaving the area???
    I dont wanna look when I poke the needle in, so rather than risking hitting a hair and bringing it deep inside the muscle with the needle i'd rather shave it off first.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    Flame sterilizing the needle will work, but I wouldn't suggest doing it and then injecting. Flame sterilizing is best used for innoculating psychedelic mushroom spores into a jar of rice flour (dont ask)
    LOL i dont have to ask you grower LMAO!!!

I dont wanna look when I poke the needle in, so rather than risking hitting a hair and bringing it deep inside the muscle with the needle i'd rather shave it off first.
    dude, that is just bad. Man up. You dont look, you may hit one of those nice big blue veins that are right on top... then when you pull out, you'll get your own personal little blood fountain

31uniform is offline Associate Member
    They are vital to you steroid injection, I would not f around and risk infection just get some alcohol and some shwabs.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    That is rediculous. First you saying that is part of an injection technique then you mentioning injecting after shaving of course... like that is what everyone does. The needles/pins are so small and razor sharp they cut through skin and muscle, hence the name intramuscular injection; do you think it is going to carry a hair deep inside the muscle? How many doctors offices do you see shaving an arm or ass before injection... ZERO, and how many offices use alcohol swabs... EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM.

YOU Smart people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    That is rediculous. First you saying that is part of an injection technique then you mentioning injecting after shaving of course... like that is what everyone does. The needles/pins are so small and razor sharp they cut through skin and muscle, hence the name intramuscular injection; do you think it is going to carry a hair deep inside the muscle? How many doctors offices do you see shaving an arm or ass before injection... ZERO, and how many offices use alcohol swabs... EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM.

YOU Smart people.
    Yeah I know im an idiot, maybe you could help me out?

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Just get youself some alcohol swabs - after all the $$ you spent on gear they are cheap insurance.....

keltiktiger is offline Junior Member
    Clearasil/acne wipes should work too? right?

Quote Originally Posted by keltiktiger
    Clearasil/acne wipes should work too? right?
    Depends on what else they have in them. Surely, regular alcohol pads or cotton balls+rubbing alcohol are cheaper anyway though, right?

manc is offline Member
    never used em in 2 years,was told clean water is just as good by a nurse though

Quote Originally Posted by manc
    never used em in 2 years,was told clean water is just as good by a nurse though
    Well, that nurse was wrong. Water might even make the problem worse as it is a mechanism that can help to transport whatever from the skin surface into the body.

I remember reading a study about alcohol that hasn't yet evaporated compared to no alcohol at all and the conclusion was that it was better not to use the alcohol at all but best to use alcohol and let it evaporate.

manc is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    Well, that nurse was wrong. Water might even make the problem worse as it is a mechanism that can help to transport whatever from the skin surface into the body.

I remember reading a study about alcohol that hasn't yet evaporated compared to no alcohol at all and the conclusion was that it was better not to use the alcohol at all but best to use alcohol and let it evaporate.
    thanks but i didnt mean i left my ass wet though

Smiley619 is offline Member
    get the swabs and a bottle. less then 3 bucks.why is there a debate about this????

Quote Originally Posted by manc
    thanks but i didnt mean i left my ass wet though
    You would be surprised at what some guys do with the small bits of information they are given.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    anyone who's asking if cleaning the injection site with alcohol is really necessary should not be getting ready to do a cycle, IMHO.

Thread Information