powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Is Proviron c17aa?

I just wanted to know about proviron 's heptatoxicity, if any. I am thinking it must be since it is an oral androgenic steroid .
    Last edited by powerliftmike; 10-01-2005 at 06:56 AM.

bump

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Hooker's Profile Also, Proviron is quite unique in that a simple look at it’s 4-ring structure will show us that it is not going to be too liver toxic, since it is not c17-Alpha-Alkylated, as many orals are...
    Hope this helps.

Thanks bro. Would it cause an elevation of liver enzymes? How does it compare to the level of hepatoxicity (tho small) of clomid and nolvadex ?

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    I think all not natural things we put in our bodies tax the organs, but I would say the effect would so minimal as to be copared to that of nolva/clomid/ or just the strain of running a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    I think all not natural things we put in our bodies tax the organs, but I would say the effect would so minimal as to be copared to that of nolva/clomid/ or just the strain of running a cycle.
    True, I think all oral medicines have at least some stress on the liver. C17AAs just take the stress to an entirely new level. I think clomid/nova/proviron will be ok to use even on a continual basis (regarding liver function).

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Proviron is an interesting compound. It's not 17AA - so it's fairly mild on the liver even with prolonged use. Also at lower dosages, it's not HPTA suppressive according to at least one study. Unfortunately it's mostly worthless as an anabolic . However it does have other benefits which make it worth considering even while off-cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetenloch
    Proviron is an interesting compound. It's not 17AA - so it's fairly mild on the liver even with prolonged use. Also at lower dosages, it's not HPTA suppressive according to at least one study. Unfortunately it's mostly worthless as an anabolic. However it does have other benefits which make it worth considering even while off-cycle.
    So it could be a good addition to PCT...

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Here's Big Cat's profile of proviron along a mention of the study I was referring to at the end.
    http://www.xtrememass.com/forum/show...light=proviron

Note that in the study only 85 out of 250 men showed any suppression of their LH and FSH levels, and this was after taking 100-150mg for a year. The men who has some supression also had elevated LH/FSH levels to begin with. So based on this, it would seem that using 50mg or less daily for a couple of weeks probably wouldn't affect the HPTA. However I haven't tried this yet.

Thread Information