melkor75 is offline New Member

Just completed my 3rd injection - not going to well.

I knew the first few times with the needle would be a little scary, but it's actually very difficult to perform a good,clean and safe IM injection.

First i tried my ass but i simply could not see well enough to know if i was aspirating correctly. Next i tried my thigh...this was far easier to reach and manipulate. However the first go at aspirating i got blood into the syringe, so tried a different spot and that hurt like hell so pulled out. New needle different spot the muscle started twitching...damn

So after reading a little more i tried a pec injection with my 1 1/4inch pin and that was far easier to get in, and my arms were not shaking so much since i could hold them nearer my body. Now i tried to aspirate ...pulling back like hell and nothing happened...pulling pulling...then all of a sudden the plunger goes all the way back and i sucked out some massive clear bubbles. I was a bit worried as i'd not imagined these bubbles to be so huge. I let go and the plunger sort of just sucked back to were it was before i was pulling. I then pushed in the 1m of test/e and 3/4ml of decca.

I was quite pleased with that and my 2nd injection i put in the other pec. Today though when aspirating i was really trying to pull back but the plunger just would not come back...i just though if i was in a vein it would have shown some red by this time and proceeded to inject.

Was that the right thing to do? if you're in a vein i thought you can pull back easy to reveal the blood?

I just injected around 1/8 of a ml and waited for 2 mins i guess i'd have had some sign that i was in a vein after that time so i just shoved the rest in.

just one 2 other questions i have too

1/

I'm running

500ml test/e and 400ml(ish) of decca per week for 12 weeks then 2 weeks after the last test/e i'm starting my pct with clomid etc etc..

I've got my hands on some hcg i was wondering where or if i should put this in the mix.

2/ Since for my work i just sit static at my pc and hardly move except to go to the gym do i still need to eat 4000 cal per day ? i'm finding it very hard to eat this much food in one day. I feel quite sick a lot of the time.

thanks for any answers especially concerning the aspiration as that is giving me a lot of problems.

thanks.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Yep, you need to eat, it sux, and yes it can be difficult, I work at a desk too and tend to have a slower metabolism so like to try and eat until I feel myself getting fat, then back down my intake a little. If you are eating clean you can do this. I don't know that there is any law of nature that says you MUST eat X amount of calories when on gear, but you definitely need more than normal to grow more than normal. Pec inject first cycle bro, You Are The Man. I have never done one and I got lots of cycles. Quads can be difficult if you hit them wrong, very easy to hit a vessel or a nerve, still my favorite spot to inject, but you have to learn where on you thigh is best. Try looking on spotinjections.com for thigh shots and make sure you are in the right area, too high or too low on the leg can be excruciating. Pec shots first cycle-You da man.
    Last edited by shortie; 10-01-2005 at 09:31 AM.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Try running the test 2 weeks longer than the deca , and as for the HCG , it's nice to have handy, but in 12 weeks I don't know how much test atrophy you will see. So play it by ear, if at the end of 12 your boys are lookin small or tight, then take HCG at 250iu ed or 500 iu eod for the two weeks between last inject and PCT.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Deca takes at least 3 weeks to clear while test e takes 14 days. Thats one reason why you should run the test at least 1 week longer that the test, and as shortie suggests 2 weeks is even better.

When aspirating I just pinch the plunger at the base where it goes into the barrel with my thumb and index finger. This way I have complete control on how far back I wish to pull it. Once you see a small vaccum bubble appear in the barrel you are OK to inject. Of course if you get blood then it is time to pull out, change pins and reinject.

kungen1234 is offline Junior Member
    look at your thigh, see where the muscle connects to the hip on the outer part of the thigh and the part where it connects to the knee. Inbetween there from the SIDE you should inject into the thigh. Bad luck you struck a vein and a nerve on your first attempt. Do you have huge thighs?

thanks for the replies they have helped a lot, cheers.

No i don't have huge thighs really, i'd say they are lagging behind the rest of me quite badly. The pec injections seem by far the easiest so i'm glad i went with those. The aspirating is the only thing i have problems with at the moment. The pecs are quite thick so i guess shooting 1 and 3/4 ml is ok ..it has been so far i just hope the oil will not build up in there and cause problems later on.

Thanks for the tips on running the decca short of the test/e by a couple of weeks, i'll do that for sure.

I'm only injecting 2x per week so do you think i can just stick with the pecs shots since each pec has an entire week to get rid of the oil i shoot into each side..or should i try and rotate out to other parts i was looking at the bicep or shoulder as a possible site.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor75

I'm only injecting 2x per week so do you think i can just stick with the pecs shots since each pec has an entire week to get rid of the oil i shoot into each side..or should i try and rotate out to other parts i was looking at the bicep or shoulder as a possible site.
    You're my kinda guy!!I'm a pec man myself.Stick with the pec shots.They are easy,and 2 injections a week is nothing.

~Pinnacle~

I'd avoid biceps & triceps for now.

My rotation is:
    • Medial Glute
    • Pectoralis
    • Outer quad
    • Deltoid
    • Upper middle quad

nathanlgd is offline Associate Member
    I'm in week 7 of my first cycle (Test Enth 500mg a week for 12 weeks). I've recently gone through the virgin injection experience all my injections have been in my ass. I use a mirror to help visability and to start with I had the spot injetions tutoral of Glute injections on my screen whilst i was performing the injection so that I knew I was getting the position right.
    Asperating was a little harder than I first thought as you have to pull quite hard but I've got into a good method where I wedge my thumb and index finger against the top of the syringe and just ease the plunger up a few mm. This is enough to produce a couple of clear bubbles. I haven't yet hit a vien having done 14/15 injections. Other than the first 2 or 3 I haven't had any pain or anything either. The first couple gave me a dead leg and my cheek felt a little bruised but nothing I couldnt easily put up with. After week 4 injections just got alot easier and now I sort of look forward to them.
    I love it when the pin just slides in after breaking the first few mm of skin

Quote Originally Posted by nathanlgd
    I've got into a good method where I wedge my thumb and index finger against the top of the syringe and just ease the plunger up a few mm. This is enough to produce a couple of clear bubbles.
    Exactly, good discription nathan.

grvdigr1 is offline Junior Member
    I suck when it comes to injecting myself, so I have a good friend thats been at it for a number of years and he does it for me. Delts are great for me , no pain, no blood... Find yourself a trust-worthy buddy...

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    u definetely don't need to be pulling back that hard when aspirating... if u r in a vein u will be amazed at how easy it comes back... just a little tug back till u see a tiny bubble... that's all u need... much respect on shootin pecs... i have done quite a few shots and am just now getting up enuff nerve to do them next shot... i think delts r the best... only hard part at first is aspirating 1 handed... but it gets easy...

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I've never aspirated when IM to the glute. Just inject upper, middle glute pushing down at a angle with at least 1" needles. 1.5" preferred since your ass is a huge muscle and a great place to inject. If you're worried about site, do it in front of a mirror. Do it in a fast manner otherwise you'll feel the skin break and that pinches a little. No biggie but if you're just getting use to needles, this is the best method.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    i agree, i LOVE my delts and they are my first ones. ive never shot into a vein but i did go through on last injection. Last wednesday, i went through the skin, then in the arm and POP then through that cus i firgured it was a vein(felt a rush of blood in my arm). The funny part was that my girl was watching and she almost puked when she heard it!!! haha, when i aspirated, no blood. then i pulled the needle out and i swear blood shot like 2 feet across the room!!!! it was great, my girl damn near fainted her face was so white!!!!! i love it!!!!

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Next i tried my thigh...this was far easier to reach and manipulate. However the first go at aspirating i got blood into the syringe, so tried a different spot and that hurt like hell so pulled out. New needle different spot the muscle started twitching...damn
    If you are using the pictures over at spotinjections.com, then I think the thigh injects are a bit too far to the outside of the leg. Hit the vastus lateralis. You can probably see where the muscle is unless you are a fatass. Looking down at your knee, the muscle begins just to the inside of your leg but goes at a diaginal to the outside of the leg as it moves up.

The vastus lateralis ia a good muscle because you can hit it in so many places.

Don't contract the muscle when you inject; keep it relaxed.

Infidel is offline Junior Member
    I'll inject anywhere but my pecs. Just reminds me of Pulp Fiction when he shoots adrenaline in the chicks chest.

great, thanks very much to everyone for the replies.

with this method

"I've got into a good method where I wedge my thumb and index finger against the top of the syringe and just ease the plunger up a few mm. This is enough to produce a couple of clear bubbles"

do u mean you kind of use the syringe as a kind of place to lever against?..i tried that kind of move but it really seemed to put major presser downward towards my chest, do you grip the syringe with your other hand to prevent this presure transfering to the needle? i did try that but kept pulling the needle out slowly....ah i guess i'll get used to it.

I was really really pulling today on the plunger but it just would not come back...it was like trying to suck my pec up that tiny needle....do you think aspiration would be easier with a larger needle ..i'm using 23's maybe i'll try a 21.

one last thing...when i'm getting the syringe ready for the injection i can never get rid of all the tiny bubble in the plastic surround of the needle..i'm flicking, tapping letting it stand for a few mins even squirting loads of decca out of the needle ...but still 1 or 2 of these little bubble will not leave the needle and just sit these inside the blue plastic base of the needle.....must have squirted like 1/4ml of decca out of the needle trying to get rid of them...i've read on this forum that it would take quite a bit of air to do damage so do most people just not worry about those 1 or 2 tiny bubbles that won't budge?

do u mean you kind of use the syringe as a kind of place to lever against? Yes

do you grip the syringe with your other hand to prevent this presure transfering to the needle? Yes

do you think aspiration would be easier with a larger needle ..i'm using 23's maybe i'll try a 21. 23g is plenty big, I use a 25g.

do most people just not worry about those 1 or 2 tiny bubbles that won't budge? Yes

great, thanks for that clarification, i'll perfect this method soon.
    this board is awesome.

bigJJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks
    i agree, i LOVE my delts and they are my first ones. ive never shot into a vein but i did go through on last injection. Last wednesday, i went through the skin, then in the arm and POP then through that cus i firgured it was a vein(felt a rush of blood in my arm). The funny part was that my girl was watching and she almost puked when she heard it!!! haha, when i aspirated, no blood. then i pulled the needle out and i swear blood shot like 2 feet across the room!!!! it was great, my girl damn near fainted her face was so white!!!!! i love it!!!!

I had my first geyser last week. Honestly, I thought I would freak out when it happened. Then... the needle came out and a wicked stream of blood shot across the room after it. I thought it was hilarious!!

Oddly enough, my first thought was "jesus, how much juice did I lose??".

bigben21 is offline New Member
    hi there, aspirating is usually harder when you are solidly in the muscle, if you entered a vein the syringe will aspirate quite easily

Thread Information