ScottyShotty is offline Associate Member

hey bros, I'm freakin out and need advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!

I start week 3 of my test-e cycle tommorrow, but before I did any roids in my entire life I got a blood test and my AST was 111 and my ALT was 63.
    AST norm is 4-35 and I'm really worried about it. The doctor said its probably from drinking which I stopped now that I'm on a cycle, but I'm just wondering how bad this is? Is anyone elses AST,ALT levels this high on a cycle? Please advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    The doc should have gave you a script for valium.You seem to be very nervous on this cycle in regards to some of your panic threads.If the doc isn't concerned,then why should you be???Calm down and try to enjoy your cycle,or just stop the cycle completely.Steroids aren't for everyone.

~Pinnacle~

Presidential Muscle is offline Junior Member
    Wish i could help but i don't know what ALT AST are?

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Presidential Muscle
    Liver values
    Personally I started my cycle with my liver value being about 89(took liv-a-tox, throughout the cycle) and I'm fine(finsihing up a 15 week cycle of Test E/EQ) I personally will continue taking liv-a-tox for a while, even after my cycle.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Presidential Muscle
    I concur, someone with greater wisdom please explain these two blood properties.

Juice, which values? I am sure those are acronyms but for what? And being a knowitall I hate it when I don't know something.

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    I concur, someone with greater wisdom please explain these two blood properties.
    ditto...but if you are only doin test e, why are your liver values high anyway?

ALT is alanine aminotransferase. The ALT is an enzyme that is produced in the liver cells (hepatocytes) therefore it is more specific for liver disease than some of the other enzymes . It is generally increased in situations where there is damage to the liver cell membranes. All types of liver inflammation can cause raised ALT. Liver inflammation can be caused by fatty infiltration some drugs/medications, alcohol, liver and bile duct disease. This can also be raised by increas in protein. Your liver values go up and down all the time.

AST (aspartate aminotransferase) This is a mitochondrial enzyme that is also present in heart, muscle, kidney and brain therefore it is less specific for liver disease. In many cases of liver inflammation, the ALT and AST activities are elevated roughly in a 1:1 ratio

Killer, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCard
    ditto...but if you are only doin test e, why are your liver values high anyway?
    He was drinking also

Killer, thanks man.
    you got it bro. Everyone learns something everyday

I was fixin to say, this is why you are nice to your liver, if you drink alot you should take plenty of time off before a cycle and have a blood test. Test only though shouldn't stress your liver too much, prolly have better liver panel when you finish your cycle from not drinkin for a while.

ScottyShotty is offline Associate Member
    Thanks. I'm not really freakin out though it sounds like it. I'm loving my cycle and how its come about. I've been working hard in the gym and eating loads of protein which can also raise those levels. No sweat. I was just wondering if any body elses levels were this high seeing you get blood tested on a cycle. I dropped the d-bol after a week and a half and doubled up on the milk thistle for now.Thanks for the support! Be back in 4 hours.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    I was fixin to say, this is why you are nice to your liver, if you drink alot you should take plenty of time off before a cycle and have a blood test. Test only though shouldn't stress your liver too much, prolly have better liver panel when you finish your cycle from not drinkin for a while.
    I second that...But honestly hes only done 2 wks of cycle hasnt even begun to kick in yet and hes stressed out...Take it easy bro like pinnicle said, enjoy your cycle...

dirtyvegas

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    He was drinking also
    oh...ya...i guess that'll do it too...duh...

anonymous21 is offline Junior Member
    About 2 years ago i was running methy-1-test and after getting a blood test my AST and ALT levels were about double the normal range. The doc assured me that it wasn't dangerous just something to keep an eye on. He said he's seen ranges of like 10 times the normal and people were fine still. None the less i got off the methy-1-test and didn't consume any alcohol at all for 2 months while taking milk thistle. I then got retested to reveal that all my levels dropped significantly. They weren't back in range but they did drop.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm just getting back into the gym after a 10-day layoff because of elevated ALT and AST levels. was on superdrol at the time and my levels were rather high. however, after the 10-day layoff and continuation of 1200mg milk thisle, 1200mg cranberry and 2-3 gallons of water ed and they were fine.

Thread Information