Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canseco??

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHHH
    I give conseco respect..so wut if he mentioned some names...this wasnt a serious thing like he ratted on his buddy for a crime..he wrote a book big deal
    You do know that using steroids is a crime, right?

whollyhuge is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    WTF is with you guys and talking about how these baseball players have no legs? NEWS FLASH!! THEY DONT GIVE A SHIT! They're not trying to get 40 inch thighs, they're trying to be able to run around the bases as fast as possible while getting as strong as possible in their upper body.
    you obviously don't know much about baseball physics...ask Albert Pujols about how little the upper body plays in hitting a ball a long way...the only time the upper body is used AT ALL in a swing is at the moment of contact...when the wrists break and the bat head flies outward...all before that it is in the hips and torso...the lower body drives until the front leg becomes flexed...then the body rotates on the invisible axis (balance point) and the hands are not to be let loose until the last possible second...as to produce the EASIEST and quickest upper body movement...swing like barbie hit like GI Joe...it's all in the legs baby...upper body doesn't mean shit...

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Deserves to go to jail and be someones bitch for snitching, how ya been D?????
    chillin how bout you bro?? Im back on cycle, swolecats SGX program and feeling good..

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whollyhuge
    you obviously don't know much about baseball physics...ask Albert Pujols about how little the upper body plays in hitting a ball a long way...the only time the upper body is used AT ALL in a swing is at the moment of contact...when the wrists break and the bat head flies outward...all before that it is in the hips and torso...the lower body drives until the front leg becomes flexed...then the body rotates on the invisible axis (balance point) and the hands are not to be let loose until the last possible second...as to produce the EASIEST and quickest upper body movement...swing like barbie hit like GI Joe...it's all in the legs baby...upper body doesn't mean shit...

Thank you... I didn't have the ability to describe it any where NEAR what you did... but I was definitely under the impression that it was a high requirement... and thus, I discredit his intellect, and assume that the information he used to compile his cycles is funded by the same stupid mind that ignored the legs.

while everything you say is true and i really dont knwo much about baseball but i have to say bat speed which is a key factor comes from upper body size. these guys dont swing those XX oz. ( not sure of the weight) at the speed they do cause theyre legs.. however guys like manny, bonds etcc all have nice size legs.. not to mention huge forearms!! huge!!

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    Ok im gonna have to be honest on this one, lol some of you are askin if the book is a good read.... I read it in a day, it actually is a quick read. At first it starts off very interestin, but seem s to fade in the end. The only part that really took me in was when he was talkin about how madonna wanted to screw him. It also wasnt written for us steroid users b/c it has bascically no input on juicein other than the mentionin of a few roids he used.

-- "Id name a couple of players names in a heartbeat to have a new york times best seller and another couple of mill in my pokets."

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StayJuicen34
    I disagree, He must have been doing something right with his averages and if you forgot he is a YANKEE
    he was never a Yankee.... just cause u play for the Yanks don't make u a Yankee... don't want to turn this into a baseball thread... just had tio vent

Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    while everything you say is true and i really dont knwo much about baseball but i have to say bat speed which is a key factor comes from upper body size. these guys dont swing those XX oz. ( not sure of the weight) at the speed they do cause theyre legs.. however guys like manny, bonds etcc all have nice size legs.. not to mention huge forearms!! huge!!
    even batspeed comes from the hips...(sorry to sound like a know it all or something...)...you let the bat head almost slide across your back shoulder as your hips rotate...then when you are square the bat head flies off at insane speeds (McGwire's batspeed was around 100mph!!! talk about a hulk) the forearms do play an important role...but a very small one...whenever you hear a broadcaster talk about the wrists breaking or snapping of the wrists...they are talking about what force and timing the wrists turn the bat over in the swing...perfect timing produces backspin on the ball...which produces height and distance...a wristbreak that is too early produces topspin which makes the ball dive downward...a heavier bat doesn't mean upper body strength...timing is the key to swinging a bigger bat...not strength...bigger bat=greater force put on the ball=longer distance ...but negatively...bigger bat can=bad timing which can=strikeouts

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    even batspeed comes from the hips...(sorry to sound like a know it all or something...)...you let the bat head almost slide across your back shoulder as your hips rotate...then when you are square the bat head flies off at insane speeds (McGwire's batspeed was around 100mph!!! talk about a hulk) the forearms do play an important role...but a very small one...whenever you hear a broadcaster talk about the wrists breaking or snapping of the wrists...they are talking about what force and timing the wrists turn the bat over in the swing...perfect timing produces backspin on the ball...which produces height and distance...a wristbreak that is too early produces topspin which makes the ball dive downward...a heavier bat doesn't mean upper body strength...timing is the key to swinging a bigger bat...not strength...bigger bat=greater force put on the ball=longer distance ...but negatively...bigger bat can=bad timing which can=strikeouts
    not tryin to say anything bad about you here bro, but what level do/did u play at where u learned all this info, i'm just wonderin

Quote Originally Posted by LD_18
    not tryin to say anything bad about you here bro, but what level do/did u play at where u learned all this info, i'm just wonderin
    ju-co been playing since i was 3

I understand.. let me ask you this.. a 200lb guy with a 26oz bat swinging 80mph vs. a 245lb guy swinging a 36oz bat assuming timning is the same who is gonna hit the ball further.. most guys conseco, bonds, ramirez size have both huge upperbody and lower.. im just thinking a guy with 36inch legs and 16 inch arms is not gonna be able to swing the bat at the same speed as the guy with 20 inch arms.. nor as heavy a bat..

I understand.. let me ask you this.. a 200lb guy with a 26oz bat swinging 80mph vs. a 245lb guy swinging a 36oz bat assuming timning is the same who is gonna hit the ball further.. most guys conseco, bonds, ramirez size have both huge upperbody and lower.. im just thinking a guy with 36inch legs and 16 inch arms is not gonna be able to swing the bat at the same speed as the guy with 20 inch arms.. nor as heavy a bat..
    depends on alot of factors...pitch speed...pitch type...contact point...location of pitch.....i personally believe in using the biggest bat you can to put more weight behind the pitches...the force of the rotation of the hips plays a large role...and more often than not...the heavier guy is going to put more force into his swing...look at Pudge though...he's what...5'10"? Did you see how far he was hitting those balls in the homerun derby? He was easily keeping up with guys like Abreu on distance...then you have guys like Bonds...he's a freak of nature but he swings a twig...he stands right on top of the plate so you can't pitch him anywhere but somewhere where he can hit you hard...and he hits balls into the Bay...there are going to be exceptions to the "bat size" preferences...but lower body strength...no matter the size...is always going to play a large role

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    The most important factor IMO is bat speed. At every pro tryout and team I have ever played for , the coaches or scouts are always lookin for bat speed. Sure strength will help you hit it a whole lot further, and alot of time gainin strength will help you gain bat speed. The pitch also has alot to do with it, you hit a fastball further than any other pitch, thus the faster the speed the further the ball goes. Just take randy johnson for instance he allows alot of homeruns beacause of how hard he throws, it doesnt take much to put out a 100 mph fastball. Like other users have said hip movements also contribute, there isnt a professional baseball player in the league who doesnt turn his hips to gereate power, or else they wouldnt be there.

To make it really simple their are to many factors involved to pick out just one thinkg that makes a good powerful hitter. Baseball is without a doubt the sport that requires the most technique other than maybe golf. Alot of time its who has played for the longest and does the little things right, not whos the best athlete. Take Greg maddox, hes the most un-athletic guy on the planet and is built like hes some kind of computer programer, but his technique has got him where he is today. Theres no doubt athletic talent makes you a better ball player, but technique and knowledge is what separates the men from the boys in this sport.

If you ask me to chose between bat speed and powerful, Id say speed. As most coaches would because it gives you more time to react and judge the pitch that is bein thrown at you. However I loved wathcin A juiced Sosa and Mcguire battle it out in the homerun derby in Boston. Mcguires shots were so towerin it was scary, but what a sight.

Energy = Mass x Velocity SQUARED! Thus, the SPEED component of energy is wroth more ... however, there are limitations to how fast you can swing your arms before your coordinated process of protecting your joints become an issue ... and when you start approaching that speed, it's time to up the weight a little, thus giving the bat more resistance to lowering spead upon contact of the ball, which sounds ridiculous, but it's physics.

Think of how painful it would be to try to throw a penny as hard as you can for 5 minutes. You're shoulder would feel like it's going to come out of it's socket. How, add a pound, your speed decreases, and you have an object that can hold more momentum, and your back to delivering the amount of energy your muscles have power to produce.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    chillin how bout you bro?? Im back on cycle, swolecats SGX program and feeling good..
    Good to hear bud, alls good here , still on just started var.

The main point of this is to say... Conseco's STILL an idiot. He neglected his lower body, and any one ANALYZING objectives and seeking the fastest path to get there would know to do it differently than he did. He put some random efforts together that ACCIDENTALLY produced good results. I don't credit him for being a smart guy.

A parent who beats their kid and kicks him out at a young age MAY make a galvonized self reliant individual ... it's a potential outcome. But it's not the most LIKELY way of producing that outcome... so they still don't get credit for having parenting skills.

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    He talked about running a lot of HGH. He also ran drol, deca , winny, and test ent.

Samson7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    just saying he's a dick, he's a liar. you think he ran deca and winny cycles all the time with all that "steroid knowlege of his" ya right. he did know about roids and that's why he ran GH, slin, and everything else in the mix. he had his ex wife on roids bro, you seen her? he's an awesome ball player no doubt, but i just don't like the guy. to each his own

Bro, you are a dumbass!!! He has chicken legs??? You are like 6' 180...in case you dont know...that is skinny as hell. And quite making stuff up about him having his ex wife on juice. Get informed and quit talking crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information