Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member

McGwire: I'll never talk about steroids again

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2177468

Updated: Sep. 30, 2005, 11:30 PM ET
    McGwire: I'll never talk about steroids againAssociated Press

ST. LOUIS -- Mark McGwire stands by his no comment.

Elsa/Getty Images

Mark McGwire made a rare public appearance Friday night -- and didn't talk about steroids .

The St. Louis Cardinals season home run king made his first appearance at Busch Stadium this season on Friday as part of a final-weekend reunion at the 40-year-old ballpark. He said he had no regrets about his often-criticized testimony before Congress in March during steroids hearings, during which he repeatedly said "I'm not here to talk about the past."

"I've moved on from it and I wish the media would," McGwire said. "I've made my statement in Washington, that's my statement, and when I left Washington that's the last time I was ever going to talk about it, and that's really about it.".......................click above to read on.....

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I am a huge Cardinals fan being from Missouri there my favorite team out of all sports. Mark McGwire broke the homerun record the year I graduated in 1998 and he gave me great memories and steroids weren't against the rules when he played so who cares let him do and say what he wants he was skinny and hit 40 some homeruns his rookie year so he was always was a homerun hitter.
    Last edited by Hackamaniac; 10-01-2005 at 02:56 PM.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    McGwire is a stud. That year with him and Sosa was awesome. Sosa got popped for the corked bat. I remember Mark hitting a shot off Randy Johnson at the old Kingdome. Longest HR ever hit there.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    I am a huge Cardinals fan being from Missouri there my favorite team out of all sports. Mark McGwire broke the homerun record the year I graduated in 1998 and he gave me great memories and steroids weren't against the rules when he played so who cares let him do and say what he wants he was skinny and hit 40 some homeruns his rookie year so he was always was a homerun hitter.
    49 my man..so the question is not is he talented enough. He can hit home runs steroids or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    McGwire is a stud. That year with him and Sosa was awesome. Sosa got popped for the corked bat. I remember Mark hitting a shot off Randy Johnson at the old Kingdome. Longest HR ever hit there.
    I think he is a stud also juice or no juice it wasn't against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    49 my man..so the question is not is he talented enough. He can hit home runs steroids or not.
    I agree 100 percent I read somewhere he was a homerun hitter since little league so like you said regardless he would still put up ungoddly numbers.

SpiderRico is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    I thought i was the only mariner fan that remembered that shot and christ what a shot that was upper deck and the sad part about it if im not mistaken i think Randy had like 18-19 strikeouts and lost the game.

Thread Information