View Poll Results: Does the military test for steriods in everyone?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 6.25%
  • No

24 75.00%
  • No Clue

6 18.75%
    naynay is offline New Member

Question Question on testing for the military...

So, just for conversation sake, I know the military has to do mandatory annual drug testing along with randoms conducted monthly, but do they get tested for steroids ? I checked out some military sites that showed what was tested for and the limits allowed in the body at one time, but I saw nothing about steroid testing. I asked some guys I know in the military and they told me that it is too expensive for the military to test everyone for steroids and that you would only be tested for them if it was suspected. Anyone know anything about this? One buddy just finished his first cycle but never was tested while on it. So, now I am really curious to see if he could have been cought anyways...

Please post your thoughts on the subject and also vote on the poll...

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to say probably not ... at least not during any of our piss tests we got after returning from leave. However, you do have to regularly give blood... and if something looks off, they'll start digging. If your liver or kidney seem out of whack, or if your cholesterol is screwed up... you know, they're going to look to see what it is.... so, my recommendation is, don't. It's brutal to get charged with artical 134 of the UCMJ... and remember, under the UCMJ, your GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT! You are NOT protected under constitutional rights of regular citizens. You are GOVERNMENT PROPERTY. Civil rights have no bearing. Penalties could be STEEP if they ever decide to make examples compliant with this new hyp from the media. And if you're in a field that costs much to train you, you could be risking a lot of the governments investment on you... and they can and do occaissionally react harshly.

Wait till your out... you don't want to be at a tyrants mercy.

demonds is offline Junior Member
    My answer is no, they don't test you for steroids . I've done 2 cycles and had a random piss test while on one, that was about 5 years ago. It is to expensive for the minlitary to test everybody for steroids and is not like you are going to hurt people while on them, thats why the other drugs like weed, coke, and X are the one that are very prosecutted becuse you can actually case someone else to die for being high. Pretty much is like being gay, if you dont act like it and are very quite about the wont care, so is like being on steroids, as long as you dont go 25lbs in one month and are very discreet about it they wont test you. Just think of if as a dont ask dont tell.

Demonds... your judgment is as good as your spelling ... You're believing what you want to.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

There ya go, sniff around on there.

I'm just talking from experience, have you ever being in the military and tested while on cycle? if the answer is no don't direct me to some page or some book that you have read, I'm talking from my experince and from the experince of others that I know have been on cycles or currently are. Iknow is some good info on that link but not everything that's wrriten is on gold, just like I said on my other post, is it allow to be gay in the military? is there gay people in the military? Just trying to prove my point.

DIPSHIT! I was an MP! in the USMC! Why wouldn't I know?

Plus, sexual orientation threshold was crossed a while ago... but this one they are high on the war path of. Just wait till they can't figure out whats up with your HDL/LDL some day... and they start doing more targeted bloodwork. Oh, but wait, you're smarter than the doctors in the military, right? I bet you're pilot of some sort... great judgment, educated ... etc.

Learn humility bud ... with your contributions it's not a bad thing.

Let me guess, you had the choice of being a grunt or a cook, right?

(nothing wrong with those jobs ... if they're your choice - just not if it's your ONLY option.)

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Plus, sexual orientation threshold was crossed a while ago... but this one they are high on the war path of. Just wait till they can't figure out whats up with your HDL/LDL some day... and they start doing more targeted bloodwork. Oh, but wait, you're smarter than the doctors in the military, right? I bet you're pilot of some sort... great judgment, educated ... etc.

Learn humility bud ... with your contributions it's not a bad thing.

Let me guess, you had the choice of being a grunt or a cook, right?

(nothing wrong with those jobs ... if they're your choice - just not if it's your ONLY option.)

hahA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question on testing for the military...-owned1.gif  
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

That pictures a GEM! An absolute nugget.

Hey Truman, ain't no reason to start calling names and and being all agressive, like I said before, I'm talking from what has happened to me and the people I know, my whole point is that this subject has been over look , if you were an Mp then you should know that, there is a lot of people that's in the military and on the gear for a while and they haven't been caught or kick out. Last week on our military newspaper called Stars and Stripe came the new of a FSgt that was caught with steroids while in Irak, he was opening his mail from home and the needles and amps fell from the box on front of everybody and according to the newspaper he still didn't get charged under the UCMJ. In my hole 10 years I have been in I haven't heard of nobody that have pop positive on a test( personally) but I'm sure there are a few here and there that have, but no even close to the ones that have been kicked out for weed, coke, X, and all the others, doesn't all that make you wonder, if there relly testing everybody for them, how come so many people get around it?
    Last edited by demonds; 10-02-2005 at 05:59 AM.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    well im just going to say right off that my friend would never admit to this but ive heard from other people that were close to him and his family members that he was discharged from the USMC for steroid use ..... he said he got some bullshit medical discharge but at the time he came home from hondorus doin military drug raids... this kidd was enormous.... other ranked officers ive talked to said they only test for juice if they suspect you are using!....

dogfight is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demonds
    I'm just talking from experience, have you ever being in the military and tested while on cycle? .
    yes and with no worries.....suspition=test

dogfight is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demonds
    Hey Truman, ain't no reason to start calling names and and being all agressive, like I said before, I'm talking from what has happened to me and the people I know, my whole point is that this subject has been over look , if you were an Mp then you should know that, there is a lot of people that's in the military and on the gear for a while and they haven't been caught or kick out. Last week on our military newspaper called Stars and Stripe came the new of a FSgt that was caught with steroids while in Irak, he was opening his mail from home and the needles and amps fell from the box on front of everybody and according to the newspaper he still didn't get charged under the UCMJ. In my hole 10 years I have been in I haven't heard of nobody that have pop positive on a test( personally) but I'm sure there are a few here and there that have, but no even close to the ones that have been kicked out for weed, coke, X, and all the others, doesn't all that make you wonder, if there relly testing everybody for them, how come so many people get around it?
    do those packages go through customs at all ?????

devilk9 is offline New Member
    That First Sgt was charged he was busted down to a staff Sgt. I read that same story in Marine Corps Times bout a month ago. He was singled out cuz he become a monster in about two or three months. So he was called into the CO's office when He received a package in the mail. and told to open it up in front of him. well you guys know the rest. A Cpl is being charged w/ supplyin him. he said that the Cpl is just tryin to save his own ass. guess they put two and two together after the Cpl got busted supplyin.

devilk9 is offline New Member
    I heard the same thing you pretty much have to had huge gains and attract the wrong peoples att. to get tested for it. I heard that they only test one bottle in the box and if it pops than the whole box gets tested. but that was for drugs. pretty much figured that holds true on the stedroid level as well. Dnt know for sure and hopefully dont have the pleasure of finding out. Thats why Im still waitin to do my first cycle. most likely after I come back from across the pond and get out. no point in getting kicked out after 6 yrs, wouldnt u say? Until than more research. Semper Fi. REmember gents "Its All Light Weight!!"

Guardian74 is offline Junior Member
    My unit was loaded w/ gear. Everyone was tested monthly. Our tests were run as a system 7 tox screen, basically opiates, cocaine, THC, hallucinogens, and prescriptin narcs. Few ever pissed hot in my years.
    Gear tests can run between 700-1000 dollars a pop, 200 men to a company X 5 companies = $700,000 per Battalion. Do you think our budget will support gear tests for the troops???
    I used various chems while in and had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever, as did my roommates and squadmates. Take it 4 what it's worth.

~Guardian

Imdealnjuice is offline Banned
    One thing is for sure if you get any juice mailed to you on a Military installation your just a straight Dumb @#$. Im in the military and i have done several cycles while being in. The only way your going to get caught is by being singled out and selected to take a urinalyis that is for steriod use. I work right next to the urinalyis office in my battalion and i know how everything takes place however on the cost of this uninalyis i have heard rumors that it costs the 2 grand for one test but i could be wrong. Thats info. that they won't disclose on.

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    Normal piss tests are sent out in bulk, and are a standard 5 panel test.

In order for someone to be tested for roids, their piss is taken out of the bulk shipment, and sent to the lab at UCLA (which charges the military and arm and a leg).

So the answer to your question is no. The military does not test everyone for steroids .

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleDave
    Normal piss tests are sent out in bulk, and are a standard 5 panel test.

In order for someone to be tested for roids, their piss is taken out of the bulk shipment, and sent to the lab at UCLA (which charges the military and arm and a leg).

So the answer to your question is no. The military does not test everyone for steroids.
    i agree.. my brother was in the marines... he was a juiceaholic... was piss tested while on cycle and no problems... he also had hip surgery shortly after a cycle and had no problems... bottom line... it costs money so unless there are red flags going up u will receive the standard 5 panel test... not to say that if a flag does go up they don't send your shit out for the we are out to find something test...

marqui678 is offline Junior Member
    If your that concerned, you can allways pull up the regulation on it for exact answers on what is being tested, how they do it....I dont know it off hand, but I know they allways have one around when they are adminstering at UA.

Quote Originally Posted by marqui678
    If your that concerned, you can allways pull up the regulation on it for exact answers on what is being tested, how they do it....I dont know it off hand, but I know they allways have one around when they are adminstering at UA.

yeah just don't go asking " hey.. i m not being tested for roids right?" that wld be one of those flags i was talkin bout...

Simply put, you're at a higher risk - there's no patient-doctor confidentiality as there is in the civilian sector.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Simply put, you're at a higher risk - there's no patient-doctor confidentiality as there is in the civilian sector.
    very true...

Well, thanks for all the thoughts on this... My personal thoughts on it are that it is too expensive to test everyone. I just don't know for sure...

Dick Grayson is offline Junior Member

My $.02

Sounds to me I have the most experience with this...so here it goes.

I was the 2nd guy in charge for the piss tests for my company. I literally watched the piss go in , had to bag it up and mail it out to get tested.

I had done a cycle once in high school and out of curiosity I asked the main Staff NCO in charge whether they test for aas. He told me that only on suspicion do they test for it. He also confided in me that he had noticed a certain Marine that suddenly gained like 25lbs in about 1 1/2 months, he was moody and starting to become insubordinate (raising flags like a mo' fo'). The Corpsman even approached the Marine and he said he was just on creatine.

The staff NCO told his concerns to the captain, and the cap'n just blew it off. Saying that the weight gain, mood swings and talking back is not enough evidence

Anyways long story short this Marine eventually lost it and pushed an NCO (major no-no) and eventually punched another NCO (REALLY Major No-No!) Finally the Captain decided to test him and the Marine popped and was discharged.

Point is that the idiot Cap didn't want to spend the money it took to test him ($1,000) to prove what everyone knew. And even then he was in denial up until the bastard assuslted 2 other Marines. It's very unlikely that you will be tested if you're discreet about it, but God help you if your not.

soldier21 is offline Junior Member
    Yes you are right Dick Grayson. I was in the Army for 3 years at Fort Bragg and I spoke to many of my NCO' s and they said exactly what you did. You only get tested on susspision. Matter of fact I did a cycle while I was in the service and took a couple of drug test and never came up positive for drugs. So apparently they didnt check for AAS. I took the yearly ones that they are required to have everyone take and the monthly ones that just pop up with your social security number and you have to take when picked.
    So yes only off of some serious suspicion will they chack for it but thats it.

I searched around here a bit and I have come up with the same thing... I spoke to a corpsman who said that they couldn't really test due to lake of funds! Makes sense to me...

If you want to get caught, then act guilty!!

So tell me... when someone else is dictating your schedule, how are you going to ensure that you get your daily medication - injections ... discretely? And if something comes up that all the sudden impedes privacy ... right before PCT, how are you going to get your "boys" back on line?

MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    i spent years in the military (army), and was at my biggest while on active duty (267lbs). i did cycles my entire time on active duty (with the exception of being overseas or out in the field). never did anybody get tested for roids. even if it was obvious that they were doing them (and it was obvious).

soldier21 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I agree as long as you dont spell it out for them or tell them directly you are fine because I remember plenty of Rangers and airborne studs that where very big. And with all the running that they made us do at Ft Bragg there is no way that they could retain there mass like they did. I hated doing gear while I was in the service because I felt like I never had control of my schedule. Always going to the field and extra duty bullshit, always popping up out of no where. Couldnt always eat right or anything. Really sucked for me. Loved gear but wasnt able to do it right in the service!

Thread Information